Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How long have you been unemployed?

+37
lam
503Depressed
firstcoyote
MistyBlue
jmainframe
thesecretme
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Lacey
rprp
htiek123
Falcon7
Springflowers
stillnutty
Jen
couth11
wausauguy
TR11005
lstjr
Tomoko
freds
nuttin2lose
New_Wave_Princess
nfpexec
CA Unemployed
js123
mistermunster
CLO
Redpossum
bhoward63
evw59
americatheneedy
Kathy
arbeitslos
gonzofl
octyl
exhaustedandtired/1208
Jobless_in_Ma
41 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Duration of unemployment

How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 12 ]
How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 39 ]

Total Votes : 69

How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Empty How long have you been unemployed?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

How long have you been out of work?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Empty Re: How long have you been unemployed?

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 pm

stillnutty wrote:Wish that to be the case Falcon. However,got the feeling many are at the end of their line. Either lost internet, or are just too depressed to post anymore. Prayers for ALL the unemployed.

My husband used to post on here alot. He has been out of work since January of 2009. 57 years old and wonders if he will ever work again. He still checks in to read posts, but is too depressed to talk much anymore. We still love this forum and will continue to stop in. I do notice the some people on here who were a big help to us PROMISED that they would continue to come here after they got jobs. Unfortunately that has not been the case. Depression hurts the soul as well. We were happy and fun-loving people once, but now we stay home all the time and don't want to socialize. Things have to get better.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 Empty Re: How long have you been unemployed?

Post by nfpexec Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 am

My husband used to post on here alot. He has been out of work since January of 2009. 57 years old and wonders if he will ever work again. He still checks in to read posts, but is too depressed to talk much anymore. We still love this forum and will continue to stop in. I do notice the some people on here who were a big help to us PROMISED that they would continue to come here after they got jobs. Unfortunately that has not been the case. Depression hurts the soul as well. We were happy and fun-loving people once, but now we stay home all the time and don't want to socialize. Things have to get better.[/quote]

Well at least you can be grateful for small blessings. You have each other for support. Some of us dont even have that.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 am

Unfortunately I anticipate a second wave of newly unemployed to register soon. Those who will exhaust much sooner than they anticipated. As for the older members who used to post not many have landed jobs. I myself back to work but not making anywhere near what I was and not even same field.
To those who are still kicking around thanks for the constant contributions, you know who you are. To our newest members WElcome aboard.
Together we can all get through this nightmare somehow.

Good luck and god bless. I love you
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:08 pm

TO OLD TO HIRE. Glad you still come in. We have, sadly, lost many members after 4213 in December and those who have found employment, but many of us are still here. We will continue to advocate and to fight for benefits and Job Creation so we can all achieve our goal of returning to work and the "life as we knew it". It has taken a toll on us all and it's time for some real change.

In the meantime, we are all still here and glad you are as well.

Praying for all of us. How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 pm

MaryKay wrote:TO OLD TO HIRE. Glad you still come in. We have, sadly, lost many members after 4213 in December and those who have found employment, but many of us are still here. We will continue to advocate and to fight for benefits and Job Creation so we can all achieve our goal of returning to work and the "life as we knew it". It has taken a toll on us all and it's time for some real change.

In the meantime, we are all still here and glad you are as well.

Praying for all of us. How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 34243

Thank you Mary Kay. You were one of the first persons on the old forum to reach out to me and my husband. We have always been grateful for that. To be honest with you, we were hoping that some doors would open for you after that no-holds-barred interview about what life has been like for you since losing your job. Keep up the good work! Things have got to get better for all of us.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm getting impossible to live with, I lose my temper so easy anymore...

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by thesecretme Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I have not been offered a job since October 27, 2009. I accepted it and was terminated on December 24, 2009 because they said they didn't need me anymore. I haven't been called for a job interview since March 2010.

thesecretme

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Nov 6th 2007. Last UI check Mar 23 2010

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 am

stillnutty wrote:Nov 6th 2007. Last UI check Mar 23 2010

Yup, just about when the economy collapsed! That's when you, me, and about 5 million other people got systematically removed from our careers, leaving most of us virtually powerless to do anything about it! I'm sure books, have been written as to how this country pulled it off in such an orderly manner with little or no violence.

I haven't had a job in my field since then, except for some occasional IT support work for a company that my best friend has been supporting over the years. I will always be greatful to him for giving me the opportunity to assist him. It was a tremendous help financially for me and my family.

While doing that, I've also managed to keep 2 low-paying jobs, one fulltime and the other parttime. I feel like I'm working in the coal mines, just like my grandfather did when he first came to America!

Despite this, plus my wife's job as a teacher's aid (where they deduct more than half of her salary for healthcare), we still can't make ends meet and were very close at one time to filing for bankruptcy.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by MistyBlue Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 am

jmainframe wrote:
stillnutty wrote:Nov 6th 2007. Last UI check Mar 23 2010

Yup, just about when the economy collapsed! That's when you, me, and about 5 million other people got systematically removed from our careers, leaving most of us virtually powerless to do anything about it! I'm sure books, have been written as to how this country pulled it off in such an orderly manner with little or no violence.

I haven't had a job in my field since then, except for some occasional IT support work for a company that my best friend has been supporting over the years. I will always be greatful to him for giving me the opportunity to assist him. It was a tremendous help financially for me and my family.

While doing that, I've also managed to keep 2 low-paying jobs, one fulltime and the other parttime. I feel like I'm working in the coal mines, just like my grandfather did when he first came to America!

Despite this, plus my wife's job as a teacher's aid (where they deduct more than half of her salary for healthcare), we still can't make ends meet and were very close at one time to filing for bankruptcy.

Awww, jmainframe - I feel for you!

It's bad enough being unemployed, but to see the wages offered out there once you actually get a job is even more depressing!

Don't feel bad if you have to file bankruptcy - think of it as a "business decision" just like K-mart does! I know that the ramifications and stigma for filing bankruptcy are worse for us "peons" than they are for the big corporations, but don't let that stop you if you need to do it.

Here's hoping that 2013 will be a better year for all of us! How long have you been unemployed? - Page 3 578472
MistyBlue
MistyBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by firstcoyote Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello to all the newbies and the old-timers in this thread!

I was in Unemployment Hell for two years. Now I'm languishing in Part-Time Employment Hell courtesy of the Senior Community Service Employment Program. It's just as hot and just as frustrating here as it was in the other place.

The last job offer I received was a federal job this year. Sounds nice, huh? Well, it wasn't. That job's work schedule was labeled "intermittent" or scattered. That meant I would work 2 weeks in a month and then they'd call me when they needed me. Federal agencies have gotten just as goofy as private industry.
firstcoyote
firstcoyote

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I am vastly under-employed....more or less part-time employed depending on when my clients need me to work. One is constant, the other is flakey....it sucks, after many years working for one employer, I am left to this....
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Well my exhusband has not called me anything in front of the kids yet!!!!

However, I am sure names have been called when the kids are not around him.

I also do not rememeber what money looks like any longer. And I have been unemployed since Jan of 2008

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am

thankfully I am working but my husband has been laid off twice in 2 years.

His first job that he was laid off from July 2010, he was for 12 years, he loved it, it got outsourced to China, again profits over people decision. It was a big loss, it was a good job, good benefits.

Last job that he was laid off from January 2012, not so good, crappy company owners, but at least he was working in his field.

He has had only temp jobs since then, last temp job ended Oct 15.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 am

4 years for me. Watching my niece and nephew get jobs as soon as they apply, they're 19 and 17. That happened to me as well when I was that age. Been laid off since November '08. No unemployment. Gave up the searching for a while because it was depressing not hearing from anyone and I know that for every job there are like 100 plus resumes. I am resuming the job search again but I think it will be slow hire because of the "fiscal cliff" that is looming over this country. I honestly did not think I would be out of work this long.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredlady Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am

January (or February, I forget which it is) will make it five years for me. I know what I want to do NOW to be useful again, but I wonder if it might be too late (in my 40's now). Gonna try anyway.

tiredlady

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:15 pm

I am employed now, but it was 3 years of being unemployed for me. I did not have full-time work from April 2009 and returned to work full-time April 30, 2012. I had part time jobs and census, and so on during that period.

I am counting my blessings as I do have full-time work with health insurance but it is a huge pay cut from where I was, very micromanaged, and very inflexible wth hours and such. I am still grateful. With having lost a job and now in a very much more micromanaged and inflexible place it is stressful as due to fear I follow all the rules to a T. I have to give 45 days advance notice for any time off and even then it is not necessarily granted. But, again I try to stay grateful. I like the job, but it has crossed my mind I may have to work on finding a new one which is a very scarey thought. i applied for many hundreds of jobs before landing this.

ANyway, just thought I would chime in as I am sure some of you can relate. And, yes I know I need to count my blessings because many hard-working dependable people have faced long-term unemployment.

May 2013 bring blesssings to us all.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Those "living wages" people are talking about are a thing of the past, jobs now since it is an employers market will be able to hire you at what they think is fair even if we do not. I will be grateful when I do find or if I find a job. I hope this new year wont be my 6th year even though I have to explain what I've been doing and I can answer attending school online. Which some will think is great and others will think is lazy. But I am hoping someone will look past the UE and give me a chance.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:36 pm

HunterForJobs, attending school online is a great thing. I don't think I would do too well with online classes. I am easily distracted and it seems something always takes priority so in my eyes it impresses me and I think others feel the same.

I wish I could sa something that would be a magic fix. I know how it is t keep applying for jobs.

Take care of yourself and keep posting.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by RhondaTaylor Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:34 pm

wausauguy wrote:HunterForJobs, attending school online is a great thing. I don't think I would do too well with online classes. I am easily distracted and it seems something always takes priority so in my eyes it impresses me and I think others feel the same.

I wish I could sa something that would be a magic fix. I know how it is t keep applying for jobs.

Take care of yourself and keep posting.

J

No disrespect intended but if you were staring life in the woods you sure as shooting would suddenly concentrate and not be distracted!
RhondaTaylor
RhondaTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3