Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill

3 posters

Go down

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill Empty Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Senate Republicans tried to make Democrats hold a quick vote on President Obama’s jobs-stimulus bill Tuesday, but were blocked by Senate Majority Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who is sponsoring Mr. Obama’s bill but who said other matters take priority.

With that in mind, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, tried to force a vote, which presumably would have resulted in a humiliating defeat for the White House.

“I’d like to give him that vote,” Mr. McConnell said.

“What a charade we have going on here,” Mr. Reid fired back, calling Republicans’ effort “ridiculous on its face.”
http://networkedblogs.com/o1Hka

Back to top Go down

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill Empty Re: Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 pm

This was a huge discussion topic this morning on Morning Joe with Mica and guests. The way they vote, Mike Barnacle brought the topic up by saying 60 votes???? Needs to change. If not, this is what will happen and the Republicans, now being so sure they have a winning ticket???? will not be listening to the American People, they will just keep pushing their agenda. Not a pundit, not a research analyst, not a pollster, but I am thinking the MSM is reporting on polls that are really skewed. I am not so sure they are at all this confident or they wouldn't have done the full court press on Gov. Christie and now, they are back to the group they brought to the dance, lovely aren't they? Not one jobs plan unveiled, not one credible plan for anything but nonsense and of course, TAX CUTS. So at this point, we have to be asking ourselves, if our current President does lose his job, what does that mean for us. I am too upset to think about it. I cannot live on $7.50 pushing cheese and salami on somebody at a cart in the mall and worse, I probably wouldn't get hired to do it, because I am not 26, I am 56 and we all know who the malls market to, it makes sense from a marketing and selling strategy, but there are more than 26 year olds out of work, I will agree there are plenty of them as well and it's sad, but the older work force might as well give up right now unless we do something, something big. Ms. Bachman, Mr. Romney, Mr. Perry, Mr. Cain, where is your plan. I can't take the rest of them seriously enough to ask them, but have they put forth a plan? NO! We are looking at 4 more years of dodge ball and tax cuts and hope the door don't hit you on the way out, that's the plan. I don't think we can put up with it. We know we can survive it, look how we have survived this, but we shouldn't have to. GET LOUD. Take whatever avenue you are comfortable, Occupy, Tweet, Letters, Emails, Phone Calls and do it each day, even if it's just an hour. DON'T LET THEM THINK WE ARE NOT WATCHING AND WAITING FOR A CREDIBLE PLAN TO PUT AMERICANS BACK TO WORK, THIS YEAR, NOT 5 YEARS FROM NOW. DON'T LET THEM THINK WE DON'T CARE IF IT TAKES US TWO HOURS TO GET TO WORK VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BECAUSE WE CAN'T AFFORD OUR CARS, DON'T LET THEM THINK THAT IT'S OKAY TO NOT REPAIR DAMAGES CAUSED BY STORMS, DON'T LET THEM THINK IT'S OKAY FOR THE BANKS NOT TO PAY, WE PAID, TIME FOR THEM TO.

GET LOUD, GET BUSY!!!!

Back to top Go down

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill Empty Re: Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Here's the deal if the Dems don't have the votes and it's their bill then this BS the Repubs are blocking it crap" isn’t working anymore and the public is figuring it out (you know the idiot majority voting to the right) ....The Dems are as much to blame as the Repubs in this matter. Until the heat starts getting put on them instead of passes were doomed. Thanks to the liberal stance of not voting for a Republican the left is reaping what they sow...
The Repubs ARE backing who their constituents are (as they should), since few are UE the die is cast and you can thank blind allegiance to the left for that. Now those Partisans on the left will reap the seeds they sowed instead of doubling down like other intelligent groups do.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 pm

He pulled the bill because they don't have the votes, remember tristen 60 needed? It would be dead and then not able to vote again anytime soon, soon enough to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

I know that but there was no Dem unity on the Bill he didn't have enough votes from his side....so to say it's all Repub is false, it's both sides

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111005/D9Q639L00.html

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 pm

tristen303 wrote:I know that but there was no Dem unity on the Bill he didn't have enough votes from his side....so to say it's all Repub is false, it's both sides

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111005/D9Q639L00.html

But EVERY Repub it against it. You know they don't really want jobs. Can't give Obama the win. NO WAY No
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 pm

They won't and they are not listening to their constituents either. They have no plan other than tax cuts, no jobs, no unemployment extensions and cut, cut, cut. I want to see their plan. Put it on the floor, debate it, figure out a way to make it work, that IS their job.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 pm

MaryKay wrote:They won't and they are not listening to their constituents either. They have no plan other than tax cuts, no jobs, no unemployment extensions and cut, cut, cut. I want to see their plan. Put it on the floor, debate it, figure out a way to make it work, that IS their job.

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama’s jobs bill 938557
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 am

Tristen is actually right in what he is literally saying, his implication could be a little suspect though.

Not only are there not 60 votes for this bill, but even all the democrats won't vote for it. A lot of them are afraid to piss off the rich.

I still would trust the democrats with a shot instead of knowing the republicans will be against my interests.

Maybe a REAL republican would be able to fix this but there aren't any these days.

Even the most right wing of republican candidates are too left wing for the republican party these days.

I can tell you though that if they republicans win this time it will be the last administration they have for a while. their policies will send us into the double dip for sure and then all you will hear is "It's Obama's fault".

Then what will all the right wingers on here say? Blame Obama?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I don’t think they want to win the WH that is why you have then idiots they picked. They are trying to keep everyone's eyes on the President while stealing the Senate.
They don't care about the House, they’ve won that and the ones up for reelection are safe. The Dems are in trouble, so it doesn't matter the public’s opinion of the House.
The Senate is no better shape, Dem seats are up in troubled districts so as long as the Repubs keep the focus on Obama they will get the super majority they need to get anything through.
This is the perfect storm for them and they talk about the above.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:54 pm

You are correct. If they gain enough senate seats they president is irrelevant, They can override any veto and do whatever they want.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

That is their plan that is why they are parading the idiots they have. That is why I reg Dem they are not Repubs/Conserv anymore they have become Neocons’.
The blue dog Dems are the last Conserv left

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 pm

The funny thing is that they don't even seem to like the idiots that they picked. I find them all too conservative but they are not conservative enough for the republican party because the republican party has lost it's mind.

The only decent ones are John Huntsman and the Arizona guy that smokes pot.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Yep I use to think that some on this site were nuts with the Fascism statements but with Huntsman gone (because of a letter to Obama) it shows how far far right they moved.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down