Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Are jobs obsolete?

+7
mamroz
Sad American
ranbrow123
SteveR
mistermunster
lendmeflight2
USA Citizen
11 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 Empty Are jobs obsolete?

Post by USA Citizen Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Are jobs obsolete?

By Douglas Rushkoff
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/09/07/rushkoff.jobs.obsolete/index.html?iref=obnetwork

"Our problem is not that we don't have enough stuff -- it's that we don't have enough ways for people to work and prove that they deserve this stuff."

"We start by accepting that food and shelter are basic human rights. The work we do -- the value we create -- is for the rest of what we want: the stuff that makes life fun, meaningful, and purposeful."

"For the time being, as we contend with what appears to be a global economic slowdown by destroying food and demolishing homes, we might want to stop thinking about jobs as the main aspect of our lives that we want to save. They may be a means, but they are not the ends."

---------
Douglas Rushkoff points out that the jobs game has changed and we can conclude that there will not be enough jobs to allow people to earn a living in the system as it is. We have reached a point of transition when the old economic models no longer allow the majority of the population to work for a living. The musical chairs game for getting a job is going to get to the point where dozens of people will be qualified for one job, but only one person will get hired. What will the dozens of people without a job do to survive? It is a brave new world.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 Empty Re: Are jobs obsolete?

Post by mistermunster Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 pm

WHATS THIS save CRAP?????? This whole country at the BEHEST of BOTH Government and BUSINESS has pushed the BUY BUY BUY scenario "Keep American Economy STRONG and BUY" for almost 30 years. And at this SAME time they STAGNATED wages for MOST people. I remember getting PAID $10 and hr in 1990.....THEN being offered $10 hr in 1997. Long time to be keeping a base wage down. Who could SAVE anything WHEN our WHOLE ECONOMY has been BASED on consumerism all this time. NOW it's NOT ok to CONSUME. SPENDING IS BAD!!!!!!!! You can't have it both WAYS but those at the TOP did and WE GOT BURNED for it. but NAW....That YOUR FAULT, you didn't SAVE, YOU didn't prepare. How can ONE save if the wages are the VERY thing that keeps you down, Things costing more...THEN they STICK you with CREDIT...SURE YOU CAN HAVE THE DREAM...sign HERE!!!! NOW it not WAGES but JOBS WE DON'T HAVE...even BASIC ones. And THAT'S "OUR "fault" TOO. WE GOT SUCKERED into all this by the Corporate elite WHO GOT BAILED OUT at OUR expense and HAVE GIVEN NOTHING in RETURN but EMPTY promises.
Yet still it's the PEOPLES fault. This nations people has been played on by the very FEW who make the rules.
And yet it's OUR fault.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 am

In the chance that I am the only person that can see this I will put it out there.

Steve says he is a self employed business man but he has time to go on a forum for the unemployed for hours day and night? Why would he even think of this to start with? He came here just to help us?

Then he says he could be some use to us. One of the things he mentioned was he could tell us what he thinks of Obama. Why would I give a damn what he thinks about Obama? I might as well ask him what he thinks about Ghandi. This is how they work. He starts to tell you what he thinks about Obama and then he tells you that if Rick Perry, or whoever, were president people like him might hire four whole employees again. He is hear to muddle the waters and get republican votes so that he feels safe to take a risk or whatever.
This is ridiculous.

Please beware. I have been a part of this forum and the original for two years. I have seen this so many times before.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 am

SteveR wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Wow, so you hired four whole people?

How many jobs have you provided?
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 Nuclea10

I don't care, ban me. Enough is enough. Steve, do you realize what this is doing to good people? I don't think you do, you are an extremely selfish a-hole!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 am

Yeah ban me too.

Go to hell shithead
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 am

but to answer your question, I once took a big landscaping job and hired 8 people, so fu%k you.

thank you goodnight
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah ban me too.

Go to hell shithead
Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 938557 How did you get "shithead" past the word censor? Lmao!

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 am

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Are jobs obsolete? - Page 7 Empty Is the System Obsolete?

Post by USA Citizen Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 am

In regard to the topic: Are jobs obsolete? Can we narrow the focus to the jobs that were formally done by the currently unemployed? We can expect that many of the currently unemployed will never find work in the careers they once were employed in. We can also conclude that those people will never earn as much as they did before the Great Recession. We can assume that fewer jobs will be available to those entering the work force such as high school and college graduates as well as the millions of legal and illegal immigrants. We can assume that this Great Recession will continue for the rest of this decade and the world's economy will probably not recover for a long time. Europe is facing economic collapse from the default of Greece and other nations. We are seeing the collapse of our economic system and the unemployed are being ignored. Obama's jobs plan has little chance of passing seeing as it is funded by allowing the tax holiday for the rich to expire in 2013.

What we are seeing is the collapse of the economic system and not only are jobs becoming obsolete, but segments of society are being discarded by business and the governments. Arguments over who will pay for food stamps or charity for the poor is a hot topic, but talking won't feed the masses of unemployed Americans who have lost their jobs, homes, savings, retirement, cars, possessions, and means of becoming employed. Like it or not, there is going to be a social movement that will change the world because that is the only thing that can do that. The tide of change has become a tsunami that is sweeping across the world. The people will demand food and shelter as basic human rights, no matter who pays for them. We should ask if the economic system that controls the world is obsolete. We should ask if it should continue to crush the working people and devastate the unemployed. We should ask if governments that ignore the needs of the people are obsolete.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:01 am

USA Citizen wrote:Are jobs obsolete? Can we narrow the focus to the jobs that were formally done by t there is going to be a social movement that will change the world because that is the only thing that can do that. The tide of change has become a tsunami that is sweeping across the world. The people will demand food and shelter as basic human rights, no matter who pays for them. We should ask if the economic system that controls the world is obsolete. We should ask if it should continue to crush the working people and devastate the unemployed. We should ask if governments that ignore the needs of the people are obsolete.

The SYSTEM IS OBSOLETE, Capitalism is ALSO OBSOLETE because the very principles have been usurped and corrupted by the few and NO long benefits the REST of us. Things MUST change and a NEW Declaration of WORLD Human Rights for food and shelter and decent WORK must prevail. We MUST evolve as a SOCIETY and the OLD WORLD of yesterday must DIE off. It has served it purpose and NOW ONLY serves the MINORITY of elite people.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 am

Wow I hope you guys aren't pissed at me for defending this guy. I just thought he was presenting his opinions in a way that wasn't OMG U FUKKIN BUMS NEED 2 GTFO GOD BLESS AMURRRICA, and that perhaps we could learn something about the other side to better learn how to shut them up. I didn't agree with him on basically anything, but at least he presented his opinions in a somewhat controlled manner...well, until he made the comment about how many jobs has someone else provided, anyway. I just want to make it very clear that I completely disagree with this guy's opinion (in case it wasn't obvious already). I understand you guys have been getting beaten up endlessly by this country and people who think like steve, and I just want everyone to know that I do not condone the sort of treatment you all have been getting.

As for steve, you can't come on here and present an opinion that is a complete dissension from 99% of the forum, then get upset when you get attacked. You had to have known coming in that there was going to be some understandable animosity. A lot of the unemployed have been kicked while they're down -- repeatedly -- by people who share your beliefs.

Okay, just getting all that out of the way. Continue posting on topic.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 am

I don't think anyone is mad at you ranbrow. But I have seen a lot of people step into the trap that he seems to be setting for everyone. He showed his cards early when he was talking as if he was some kind of authority that we should look up. He doesn't hire anyone. He doesn't know what employers want anymore than I do. My friend runs a tattoo shop. He is self employed but I wouldn't take political advice or advice on how to get a job from him. He just has an incredible talent that allows him to make a living.

If Steve was a little more humble and tried to at least show some concern or sympathy or understanding of our situation it might be different. However, he came in here to "bring jesus to the Africans" and he got a spear in his ass.

back on topic now.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:However, he came in here to "bring jesus to the Africans" and he got a spear in his ass.

LMAO

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 am

surprise
mistermunster wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:However, he came in here to "bring jesus to the Africans" and he got a spear in his ass.

LMAO

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surprise Go Munster!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:30 am

NOW IF we can get Bohner, McConnell, Cantor AND stew em up in a BIG pot!!!!!! and feed em to the crocodiles!!!!! cheers
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:I don't think anyone is mad at you ranbrow. But I have seen a lot of people step into the trap that he seems to be setting for everyone.

Don't worry about me, no amount of traps in the world will affect my morality. I am also self-employed, and I am perfectly willing to pay extra taxes to help good Americans who are in a tough spot out. If guys like him want to think I'm a fool for that, let them. I don't care what someone who doesn't care about his fellow Americans thinks of me.

However, he came in here to "bring jesus to the Africans" and he got a spear in his ass.

It is pretty funny when you put it that way.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

mistermunster wrote:
X wrote:
mistermunster wrote:Isn't this thread DEAD yet??? bluh

Is the earth flat? Very Happy

TO SOME of a certant political persuasion Wink
No it's a walking dead zombie thread!!!
Very Happy
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7