Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis

5 posters

Go down

Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis Empty Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis

Post by PamelaJo Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Just received this email from the CEO of Starbucks. It relates to the political game playing in Washington and includes a link to a program which concerned citizens can participate in in order to voice our concerns to our leaders. I thought it might be of interest and it's worth a look. I registered for the Conference Call coming up next Tuesday. Not sure what to expect, but at least some corporate leaders are apparently concerned enough about our country to take action. Anyway, here's the email which includes the link to more info:

September 2011

Dear Starbucks Friend and Fellow Citizen:

I love our country. And I am a beneficiary of the promise of America. But today, I am very concerned that at times I do not recognize the America that I love.

Like so many of you, I am deeply disappointed by the pervasive failure of leadership in Washington. And also like you, I am frustrated by our political leaders' steadfast refusal to recognize that, for every day they perpetuate partisan conflict and put ideology over country, America and Americans suffer from the combined effects of paralysis and uncertainty. Americans can't find jobs. Small businesses can't get credit. And the fracturing of consumer confidence continues.

We are better than this.

Three weeks ago, I asked fellow business leaders to join me in urging the President and the Congress to put an end to partisan gridlock and, in its place, to set in motion an upward spiral of confidence. More than 100 business leaders representing American companies - large and small - joined me in signing a two-part pledge:

First, to withhold political campaign contributions until a transparent, comprehensive, bipartisan debt-and-deficit package is reached that honestly, and fairly, sets America on a path to long-term financial health and security. Second, to do all we can to break the cycle of economic uncertainty that grips our country by committing to accelerate investment in jobs and hiring.

In the weeks since then, I have been overwhelmed by the heartfelt stories of Americans from across the country, sharing their anguish over losing hope in the strongest and most galvanizing force of all - the American Dream. Some feel they have no voice. Others feel they no longer matter. And many feel they have been left behind.

We cannot let this stand.

Please join other concerned Americans and me on a national call-in conversation on Tuesday September 6th hosted by "No Labels," a nonpartisan organization dedicated to fostering cooperative and more effective government. To learn more about the forum and the pledges, visit www.upwardspiral2011.org

America is at a fragile and critical moment in its history. We must restore hope in the American Dream. We must celebrate all that America stands for around the world. And while our Founding Fathers recognized the constructive value of political debate, we must send the message to today's elected officials in a civil, respectful voice they hear and understand, that the time to put citizenship ahead of partisanship is now.

Yours is the voice that can help ignite the contagious upward spiral of confidence that our country desperately needs.

With great respect,

Howard Schultz

chief executive officer, Starbucks Coffee Company

[i]
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis Empty Re: Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for posting this Pamela Jo, I signed up as well.

Back to top Go down

Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis Empty Re: Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis

Post by nfpexec Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:50 pm

I signed up and hope that Starbucks doesnt just use this opportunity to gather marketing info about people. Sorry after 3 years of unemployment I'm cynical about EVERYTHING
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Sure Starbucks needs us all to have jobs so we can afford 7$ cups of coffee. Suspect
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:23 pm

You both could be right, but I am of the thinking that doing nothing doesn't work either, I would like to hear what they have to say. Never know where the big idea will come from. As far as a marketing strategy, not too bright if they are thinking the unemployed and the 99ers are running out to buy $7 cups of coffee or worse, I ordered a large tea, black, once after an interview, it was $5.50, for hot water and a bag of tea. Seriously. But he is a good business man and maybe he has some ideas, or can collect resumes for job openings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 pm

I once worked in a high-rise with a group of folks who each spend $25 a week just on Starbuck drinks, no food, just those drinks. With the price of gas, wonder how many that have jobs have had to give that up.

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 pm

nfpexec wrote:I signed up and hope that Starbucks doesnt just use this opportunity to gather marketing info about people. Sorry after 3 years of unemployment I'm cynical about EVERYTHING

I tend to be cynical as well. I've been unemployed 1 year and 8 months. Like you, I wonder if it's just a marketing ploy.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

This corporation is a one of a kind! I just saw an interview this morning with the CEO on Morning Joe while I was getting ready for work. starbucks is going above and beyond by trying to help create jobs. I will try to get a link for the show this morning, I wouldnt have understood the whole concept had I not seen it.

Here is one article about it
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/11/01/starbucks-takes-on-u-s-jobs-woes-with-loans-bracelets/

He said a few other major corps have teamed up with him very recently to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 pm

PamelaJo, thanks for posting this. We need more positive synergy from execs like Howard Schultz.

To the cynics, "pick pick pick"...

Back to top Go down

Post by YousinMach Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Yes, you're a mess, X man. Other than that I love you!

Okay, I'm sorry in advance! Let's watch Titanic 3D to remember the awful tragedy of the first time we heard that Celine Dion song... xox

Will the cynics get off their duff, stifle their stuff, and do something for their country for real other than kick every person who tries to make right?

Starbucks CEO Gets Involved in Economic Crisis X_jump11
YousinMach
YousinMach
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm

I can take it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down