Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama?

+5
wausauguy
WilliamsonAngel
tristen303
lam
Dazed&Confused
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? Empty What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 am

What does the latest spat between President Obama and Speaker Boehner say about the likelihood of bipartisan cooperation in D.C.?

Vote here and leave a comment! Tell them GAMES ARE OVER! We need jobs now!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/01/7553891-whats-your-view-on-the-dust-up-between-speaker-boehner-and-president-obama

Back to top Go down

What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? Empty Re: What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama?

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Boehner needs to be president, or at least he thinks he does.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? Empty Re: What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama?

Post by lam Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 pm

I agree that Boehner thinks he's the President. However if this gridlock continues we will never see any jobs created or will there ever be a possible benefits extension (HR 589). Obama needs to man up and start running this country instead of trying to make the fools in Washington happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Complete lack of respect for the office of the President. We will see what is most watched. Then we will know how serious people really are about seeing jobs created and if they are really interested in the Republicans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 pm

lam wrote:I agree that Boehner thinks he's the President. However if this gridlock continues we will never see any jobs created or will there ever be a possible benefits extension (HR 589). Obama needs to man up and start running this country instead of trying to make the fools in Washington happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 pm

I also think alot of this is media created. The President requested a joint session, but it was not agreed to in advance, Jay Carney wasn't making that big a deal of it. however, I do think when the President asks, it should be granted. I don't think the viewership for the debate is going to be all that great. The last wasn't, the coverage of the straw poll wasn't so I don't see it being a deterent to anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Obama needs a clue, to ask for it during a debate for his replacement? Comeon man he needs to have some respect for the office before he gets it from anybody else. He's desperate, everyone knows it, he's on the ropes. Hillary needs to run and get this ineffective executive out of office.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Obama needs to invest in some Nike Airpump balls, pound his chest, and show Boehner that he's the alpha.

If I were Obama, I'd be thinking this:
What's your view on the dust up between Speaker Boehner and President Obama? 2po9pag
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:06 pm

He's not an alpha; Hillary wouldn't have let it go down this way that's for sure.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I have greater respect for Obama. This is a good lesson for all, working together and making small changes is a good thing.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Not going to happen the far left (just read the posts from some of the members and the paid move.org lurkers) want nothing but destruction of the other side regardless of what the majority want (remember the left is smarter then everybody.) Like the rights Tea Party until both those groups get pummeled and pummeled hard the majority will be caught in the middle between dumb and dumber.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Its a totally failed system! Both sides are only interested in their political future. It isn't about Americans and our issues at hand, but they say the right things to sway us, but they damn well know nothing wll get done until after 2012, and depends on who gets elected! But neither side is going to co-operate with the other to lend to their success, both want to point the finger at the other to sway voters! We are in a crap pile for quite awhile!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Do you honestly believe the Tea Party will do anything to help any of us?

Until the repubbies detach themselves from the Tea Party, Red=Dead.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:04 pm

tristen303 wrote:Not going to happen the far left (just read the posts from some of the members and the paid move.org lurkers) want nothing but destruction of the other side regardless of what the majority want (remember the left is smarter then everybody.) Like the rights Tea Party until both those groups get pummeled and pummeled hard the majority will be caught in the middle between dumb and dumber.

Its smarter THAN everybody. lol!

Do you hate all Democrats of just Obama? Don't worry the GOP will put some dumbazz like Perry up and Obama will clean his clock. I would be for Christie if he ran. I would not vote for him but lately he is showing he has a heart at least.

Obama played the GOP like a fiddle, The Republicans ran on "Where are the jobs", so the President say I'll show you my job package, but the GOP showed their hand that they don't want anything to pass under the Obama administration that helps the working class. If Nancy Pelois did that to Bush, all hell would break out.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 pm

tristen303 wrote:Not going to happen the far left (just read the posts from some of the members and the paid move.org lurkers) want nothing but destruction of the other side regardless of what the majority want (remember the left is smarter then everybody.) Like the rights Tea Party until both those groups get pummeled and pummeled hard the majority will be caught in the middle between dumb and dumber.

This is why this country is so polarized--it's not that we can't agree on the same solutions; we can't even agree on the same reality. I read the comments and saw nothing of the sort. How on earth could you...oh, never mind, I swore off of trying with you.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Get them, HEY!!! Hope your not mad at me anymore!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:49 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Get them, HEY!!! Hope your not mad at me anymore!

No I am not mad. LOL I just hear the same thing over and over. Obamas fault, trust me I don't even like half of what he has done. I just can't stand it when its ALL his fault. Its not, and you will see now the true colors of the GOP and TP. They won't allow the job market to recover. They need high unemployment to turn the people on the prez. They don't even want to hear the plan never mind vote on it. Rolling Eyes
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 pm

So true getthem, so true. That being said, I still don't believe that the crew the Republicans are running will play well in States that they will need to get them elected. Combine that with the Congressional approval rating and I don't get where the Republicans are so confident that 2012 is a lock. If Perry keeps calling Social Security a ponzi scheme he loses the Seniors, Boomers and the unemployed, Michelle Bachman is becoming more of a joke daily than Sarah Palin was, Rick Santorum, well what can I say, Newtie is silent, so it leaves Romney and no one seems real excited about that. Huntsman, by all reports can't get it going either , so where is the lock they claim they have? Don't get it. I think that's the real reason they didn't want the meeting on the night of the debate, you'd have unprepared potential contenders having to answer the moderator's questions on the President's plan and that group cannot go off script. Perry and Bachman especially. Newtie would go all think tank on them and most people would just get lost and change channels. That's my take.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Marykay, they think all the money they rake in will save them and the new Voter ID laws. They are so desperate they are using Parlor tricks to win now. But the Ace in the hole for the GOP is high unemployment. What they don't realize, this is the new normal for years to come. Scary Perry already put his foot in his mouth and at least in my mind he is the one they will put up.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Get them, HEY!!! Hope your not mad at me anymore!

No I am not mad. LOL I just hear the same thing over and over. Obamas fault, trust me I don't even like half of what he has done. I just can't stand it when its ALL his fault. Its not, and you will see now the true colors of the GOP and TP. They won't allow the job market to recover. They need high unemployment to turn the people on the prez. They don't even want to hear the plan never mind vote on it. Rolling Eyes

Nope, its all about politics right now thru 2012 elections. neither side is going to do anything to make the opposite look good like pass a needed bill.

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:33 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Marykay, they think all the money they rake in will save them and the new Voter ID laws. They are so desperate they are using Parlor tricks to win now. But the Ace in the hole for the GOP is high unemployment. What they don't realize, this is the new normal for years to come. Scary Perry already put his foot in his mouth and at least in my mind he is the one they will put up.

Saw an article yesterday and it said white house says unemployment expected to stay above 9% thru next year! Thats what it said. Not very optimistic.. why would it shoot itsself in the foot, unless maybe Obama is hoping it will drop below 9% and he will look good! No criticism intended but why would the WH shoot themselve's in the foot with a gloomy forecast!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:10 am

Because, for one thing, they can't lie, we would eventually figure it out and we've all been saying for months and months that the unemployment figures just don't add up. So if they look at historical data for the last year, they can estimate 9% as being the best it will be. Not really shooting themselves in the foot. Tax credits are out there, people won't hire. White House and Congress are powerless to make them hire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

what we need to do is get all old farts out of office and have some new younger blood. The old farts are set in their ways, they want the world back to the 50s and before, Obama needs to tell Boehner, I"m pres you're speaker, I have rank you listen up. But being too polite isn't going to hack it.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Marykay, they think all the money they rake in will save them and the new Voter ID laws. They are so desperate they are using Parlor tricks to win now. But the Ace in the hole for the GOP is high unemployment. What they don't realize, this is the new normal for years to come. Scary Perry already put his foot in his mouth and at least in my mind he is the one they will put up.

Saw an article yesterday and it said white house says unemployment expected to stay above 9% thru next year! Thats what it said. Not very optimistic.. why would it shoot itsself in the foot, unless maybe Obama is hoping it will drop below 9% and he will look good! No criticism intended but why would the WH shoot themselve's in the foot with a gloomy forecast!

Because they know the House controlled by Boehner won't pass any jobs plans. They are hoping people actually use their brains and realize what the repugs are up to. I think that is giving the American people too much credit.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Let me add Boehner is going to WAIT A WEEK before he responds. WTH??? MAD

HE DOES NOT WANT JOBS!!!!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum