Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!!

+6
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
TR11005
mistermunster
fredm74
CLO
10 posters

Go down

Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! Empty Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!!

Post by CLO Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:13 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/10/jan-schakowsky-jobs-to-restore-american-dream-act_n_923899.html

Titled the “Emergency Jobs to Restore the American Dream Act,” the plan would cost $227 billion and would be implemented over two years. It would be financed by separate legislation introduced by Schakowsky called the "Fairness in Taxation Act," which would raise taxes for Americans who earn more than $1 million and $1 billion. It would also eliminate subsidies for big oil companies while closing loopholes for corporations that send American jobs overseas.

The congresswoman said that her plan would create 2.2 million jobs and decrease the unemployment rate by 1.3 percent.

"If we want to create jobs, then create jobs," Schakowsky said in a press release. "I’m not talking about "incentivizing" companies in the hopes they’ll hire someone, or cutting taxes for the so-called job creators who have done nothing of the sort. My plan creates actual new jobs."

In addition, the bill would give priority to the longterm unemployed -- the so-called "99ers" who have exhausted both their state and federal unemployment benefits. Federally extended unemployment benefits are set to expire this year, even though nearly 14 million Americans remain out of work and it takes the average worker nine months to find a new job.

“The worst deficit this country faces isn’t the budget deficit," Schakowsky said. "It’s the jobs deficit. We need to get our people and our economy moving again.”

Finally! Thank God!

CLO

Back to top Go down

Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! Empty Re: Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!!

Post by fredm74 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:25 pm

WHAT? Am I sleeping? Is this a dream? They said "long term" unemployed? I'm trying to retain my composure. We've been ignored for so long that it's hard to get excited. I hope this bill comes to pass next month. So what happens to HR589, will that just stay in the Ways and means committee?

-Fred

fredm74

Back to top Go down

Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!! Empty Re: Finally!! A bill addressing Jobs Creation and help for the long-term unemployed!!

Post by mistermunster Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:35 pm

As much as I would like to see this passed. I won't as long as Obama is WEAK and the GOTP is walking the streets. Add the SUPER Boob committee to the mix and everything gets flushed. As long as there is DEADLOCK in DC nothing will get passed. And UNTIL we VOTE out EVERY GOTPer that has BEEN against EVERYTHING. Things will remain stagnate till hell freezes over.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Sounds fantastic! Yes, the rich need to be taxed, for not creating jobs! Everybody is extremely tired of this BS. If you think the fires in England, can't happen, you are on the wrong planet. As the Mafia used to call it this is insurance money.

Either pay up or your business will burn down! The American Public are not playing any more. Would they prefer to be tarred and feather instead. The rich options are running out very fast everyday this is prolong.

Many of us are starving while the "Tan Man" and the President both play golf together. Discuss the obvious in front of the 99ers you bums! This how Rome burned!!!

I am not for violence, lets say there options are on thin ice and can melt very fast. The England fires look like a weiner roast. We lost a good congressman over totally BS that was not job related. Remember the Weiner!!! Remember the Weiner!!! Don't tread on the 99ers!

We are not insane. Insanity is staying the course with their thumb up their A S S!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Munster, you are right! Obama will yield even if this bill gets that far and then the repubs. will block and call the unemployed lazy, not looking and more. If a dem. had brains and balls he would get n the face of repubs. and remind them by saying" You guys say the unemployed are lazy, and its their fault, and not looking, sitting back and enjoying not working and NOT LOOKING BUT YET, you are so hypocritical enough to say how bad the job market is and the high numbers of unemployed". Someone with balls needs to get in their face and let them know they are two faced. BUT Obama and no dem. in fear of 2012 elections has the gonads to do it! Thats why 99er's will not get more benefits. Sorry... Reality check! So Hold Obama for not caring enough for 99er's when he considers long term unemployed those who have exhausted their 26 weeks.!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Ain't going to happen! I will fax, e-mail as I have and got stupid out in space replys but I will keep going! As many know I cannot even apply for extensions if they did get passed because I have applied for disability. I have dyastolic heart failure and diabetes's and taking blood thinners also lower back L4 and L5 nerve damage that an EMG from the VA said I have moderate nerve damage in left side of back and severe damage of nerve in right side lower back. I also have verified leg muscle damage right leg due to the nerve amage in lower right back. I sit my lower back goes numb and when I stand for 30 to 40 mins. pain shoots down my legs and also my legs on the backside get numb. AND I have had surg. in both knees with arthritis in both and last monday got a shot in laft knee under kneecap with something called synvisc and was suppose to also do the right knee that same day but it was VERY painful and my heart started skipping and I passed out so they stopped. and we may do the right knee later. This is all very true and nothing I am saying is exaggerated. Its all very true. But If I could I would work somewhere and put up wth the pain but NO ONE will hire me with my age64 and health issues. BUT yet due to many unemployed applying for disability due to desperation and more they say I will be turned down 93% probability. Thats for all who now apply. Talk about hell!! If they pass extensions for 99er's and I cannot apply because I would have say I was physically and mentally able to work, I can't say that because I have told SS disability I am unable to work. Even if SS turns me down I wonder if I could go back and sue for unemployment because oficially SS disability (if the turn me down) is legally saying I am able to work, then can I go back and collect my unemployment! Tough questions and spot to be in, but! I give totally up on any happiness in my future! terrible for all of us!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 pm

1208. I'm sorry to hear of your health issues. I can't. Believe they woulnt consider you disabled with all those issues.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm

My case worker said she has had people on their death bed turned down! I guess what may be good for me is My issues with my age! They say folks over 55 are considered almost untrainable because no one would hire them anyway especially with health issues! But no matter, she isn't hopeful at least on the first two tries! If they turn you down then you appeal then its the same scenario and if they turn you down a second time then you appeal again then you go before a judge for a hearing. As I said I am not embellishing my issues, I also have a medical exam today at the Local hospital for SS today. I did their psychology exam last saturday! Get this, I am honest in everything I say and do but the psyc. exam last week they give to people is to test them and see if their faking it a little. The psychologist gave me a test battery by saying take the numbers he gives me say 23 and add 7 each time til I do it seven times, then he said also add 21 by 3 each time until I get to 50. then he repeated numbers 1 then 2 then 3 all the way up to 9 adding more numbers each time like "say 125971? then I had to repeat in same order up to nine numbers??? and I had to repeat each set of numbers to the best of my memory. Like if he said 135471 I had to repeat them back. Then lastly he repeated numbers and I had to recall them back to him backwards. he said I was the first one that ever got all 9 frontwards and backwards. and also he gave me three words to remember and said he would come back to them 10 minutes later and see if I could recall the words. I did even though we carried on several subjects that could have caused me to not remember them. Anyway, he said wow! Some people come in and can't remember 2 of them of say three or 4 or 5, but said he can tell when they fake it! Well I immediately thought I am screwed. Was I suppose to mess up?? But I said to him I didn't apply for a mental disability even though my medical issues cause me to get emotionally depressed, but that shouldn't have anything to do with my disabilities. But who knows, I think I am screwed.. but who knows. I was honest and didn't try to fake anything! The odds of getting 99er's extensions is greater than me getting my disability. IMO! I refuse to take pain pills, I go through everyday of stress and pain and when my heart skips and flutters I gasp for a breath, but I wonder if they even will recognize my issues and think I am faking it! Probably!!! Thats the system!

Last edited by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 pm

"In addition, the bill would give priority to the longterm unemployed -- the so-called "99ers" who have exhausted both their state and federal unemployment benefits."

Sounds great...but HOW does this bill give priority to the "99ers" By adding another tier similar to HR589 or is it though payroll tax holidays...Newly created jobs r great however, until 99ers have the jobs would there be help in the meantime? I am stuggling to have $3.00 in my checking account to even keep it open. WE NEED HELP FINANCIALLY SHORT TERM UNTIL JOBS HAPPEN
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Sorry, to hear this exhaustedandtired/1208. If anyone needs immediate help you do! If the doctors say you can't work. Then how can the doctors turn around and say you can? However, If they can, then you could apply for UI. Like most of us you have to work again in order to get UI. Most states it is 20 weeks to qualify. I still have 10 weeks to work before I could collect again, worked 10 weeks the past year.

If they have jobs, why not at least have them last 20 weeks so that were good for 20 weeks on UI, unless you find something. You would then be recently worked and not necessary be considered a full long term unemployed. That it wise to take a Temporary Assignment even if it is short term.

I think the idea of a job tax is great. Let them put the words out straight instead of talking on both sides. If you don't want to have the unemployed collect. Then provide a job for them instead of going overseas.

Which comes first UI or a job. If you answer UI you need to be exterminated and have all your wealth taken away.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:33 pm

the doctors do not say one can or cannot work. They examine based on a formal criteria and give opinions on ones health issues and stuff like that, then sends his findings to the board and they determine from his statements of your medical condition and evaluate if one should get or not get disability. They say on the examine forms for doctors "do not render opinions as to if the claimant can or cannot work" He puts down the issues if valid and degree of that issue. they have the latitude of saying if they think one is able to work or not! Hum!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:the doctors do not say one can or cannot work. They examine based on a formal criteria and give opinions on ones health issues and stuff like that, then sends his findings to the board and they determine from his statements of your medical condition and evaluate if one should get or not get disability. They say on the examine forms for doctors "do not render opinions as to if the claimant can or cannot work" He puts down the issues if valid and degree of that issue. they have the latitude of saying if they think one is able to work or not! Hum!!!

My mother tried to collect disability because of a horrendous heart problem, and it took her 5 years to get it because of nonsense like what you're talking about. Can I ask you: do you have a lawyer? There are a lot of lawyers out there for disability that don't get paid unless you win, and pretty much the only way to have any reasonable chance of getting it is to have a lawyer. My mother tried for 4.5 years with no results, got a lawyer, wound up getting a court date and getting approved within 6 months of taking on the lawyer. Something to consider.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree with the others who suggest getting a lawyer to bust through your Catch 22 situation. Of course being unable to afford a lawyer to secure your rights and get the financial and other help you need is another Catch 22.

Maybe you can find a lawyer who will help you at no cost. Are there any nearby legal aid clinics or perhaps some kind of seniors' organization that provides free legal help?

Hearing your story is so infuriating. How can this kind of thing be happening in the United States? Shame, shame, shame.

Last edited by truth on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:36 pm

I just got turned down knew I would.. BUT I wrote a letter telling SSI how to save money.. put a scale and a blood pressure machine in their lobby and skip the Drs appt. I have a skin thing that is very painful all over my body the Doctor never even looked... just blood pressure (that was painful for me) and on the scale.. OH.. but my turn down did say I cant work the job I use to but can find something that pays more then 1000.00 a month.. I am looking for a atty..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm

truth wrote:Of course being unable to afford a lawyer to secure your rights and get the financial and other help you need is another Catch 22.

Maybe you can find a lawyer who will help you at no cost. Are there any nearby legal aid clinics or perhaps some kind of seniors' organization that provides free legal help?

When you start receiving disability, they pay you in a lump sum all the months you missed since the date you originally filed. Disability lawyers take their pay out of this lump sum. You don't pay a dime unless they win, and I suspect that is a big reason why it's so much easier to win with a disability lawyer. You do wind up giving up ~30% of that money, but it's better than getting turned down over and over again.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Tell you what! I by the way have a social worker handling my case! She is good and had a 85% win rating. But now that many unemployed are trying to file for benefits the approval rate has dropped terrible lo! ButThe vietamese dr. I went to was a jerk. He ask about my issues and I answered and when he acted like i was hyping my issues I said all of my diagnosis is on file with my VA records and I had heart test confirming my hart issues, and my back issues via emg test and diabetes's confirmed and even my knees. he looked at my knees and said boy they are swollen! Then he did the reflex thing and they didn't jerk or budge. But he was negative and I knew I was going to be in trouble. I said sir: All of my VA records has been sent to the SS disability claims office confirming everything I have said to you! Then he ask if I drank or smoked. I said no I don't. He looked at me and said are you sure. I got furious. I said I havn't ever smoked and I social drank prior to the 90's. Hell when you play ball and went to friends and even as a career in sales , social drinking is common! But never to excess and I also said I quit alcohol if 1999 or so.. He looked at me and laughed. This is bull crap! I wondered if he saw my face red and yes many at times including my kids saying my face looks like I have been drinking. Its because I take 4 blood pressure meds and also heart pill and 2 blood thinners. That makes the skin colors red on occasion especially when I exert myself. I can't help it but boy how it makes people assume! I do not drink. If I did my heart would probably skip beating so bad it would stop my heart! Hell, I even showed him my nitro glycerine pils for chest pain! He was an bad person! I am screwed. I know it will be turned down first and second time!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 pm

I have to pay my case worker 25% of my back pay if any! Thats a SS disability rule. No atty can collect more than the SS law allows, unless one makes a special deal with an atty! Then you have to pay whatever you make a deal on!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I have to pay my case worker 25% of my back pay if any! Thats a SS disability rule. No atty can collect more than the SS law allows, unless one makes a special deal with an atty! Then you have to pay whatever you make a deal on!
You should have gone through your US Senator's Case Aids. I gave you all the information. Your case would have been approved in no time, with NO fees. On top of that, given the fact you are a veteran, it would have proceeded even faster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down