Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead

+6
Rose
nfpexec
stillnutty
Falcon7
TR11005
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
10 posters

Go down

President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead Empty President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

White House officials confirmed that there would not be an extension of unemployment benefits as part of the final package. The administration had insisted that an extension be part of the grand bargain it was negotiating with Boehner. But when those discussions fell apart, so too did efforts to ensure that unemployment insurance was part of a final package. A senior administration aide added that the president would push for an extension in the months, if not weeks, ahead.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/31/debt-ceiling-deal_n_914538.html

Back to top Go down

President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead Empty Re: President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
White House officials confirmed that there would not be an extension of unemployment benefits as part of the final package. The administration had insisted that an extension be part of the grand bargain it was negotiating with Boehner. But when those discussions fell apart, so too did efforts to ensure that unemployment insurance was part of a final package. A senior administration aide added that the president would push for an extension in the months, if not weeks, ahead.

The $64,000 question ........ Will the long term (hate to use 99er cause it riles people up) unemployed be included?

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead Empty Re: President to push for Unemployment Extensions in the weeks ahead

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:36 pm

We might be dead before that happens.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

The $64,000 question ........ Will the long term (hate to use 99er cause it riles people up) unemployed be included?

Yea right, and I just got a job paying twice as much as my old job... Rolling Eyes
(Today is my anniversary, 3 years to the day was my 1st day of being UNEMPLOYED) Happy F'N anniversary to me! Evil or Very Mad

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Sorry Falcon, hit that mark last November.

Pres has no juice left. Couldn t do anything to repeal the tax cuts now or when the Gov t was going to shut down. He can try and push, but he always let s the Repubs shove!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Falcon7 wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

Yea right, and I just got a job paying twice as much as my old job... Rolling Eyes
(Today is my anniversary, 3 years to the day was my 1st day of being UNEMPLOYED) Happy F'N anniversary to me! Evil or Very Mad

We hear ya Falcon. My husband hit the 2-1/2 year mark this month. A sad day for all the unemployed and it is not going to get better under this deal. Cuts = Job loss. Revenue = Job creation.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

There will be no relief for the unemployed coming from the gov't. Sorry for being negative but I consider it realistic. That door is closed.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Sadly I agree I dont ever see help coming for the 99ers. Just sad but its what is needed pump more revenue into the economy that will create jobs. Look at the grocery stores over the past year. People can barely afford food shopping. Just simply sad.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

"in the months, if not weeks, ahead...."
As far as I'm concerned, the people in the WH are no better than those who control the House of Representatives.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 pm

nfpexec wrote:There will be no relief for the unemployed coming from the gov't. Sorry for being negative but I consider it realistic. That door is closed.

I'm affraid I agree. They have SOLD us all down the river. They won't listen until we are burning and smashing things in the street. If the terrorist Republicans CAN play temper tantrums AND GET what they want. Unemployed Americans SHOULD throw one TOO. Enough of thinking we are dealing with SANE people. A knife at their throats seems to be the only answer, and the ONLY thing they seem to respond to. And the DEMS are just wussies at this point, being shook down for milk money by the thugs. Sad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

This is just going to be on the dead line I'm sure. Even that will be a heavy lift.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Yea, I feel like I'm drowning in that river he sold us down in. Where or where are the jobs going to come from? I want to see the figures from the wealthy on the jobs they are creating because they have all the resources, they should be tracked/monitored regularly, but that won't happen. Maybe, they will give some down and out worker in Burmuda a job for taking care of their lawn while they play on the boat and party.

Back to top Go down

Post by rprp Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:23 pm

mistermunster wrote:
nfpexec wrote:There will be no relief for the unemployed coming from the gov't. Sorry for being negative but I consider it realistic. That door is closed.

I'm affraid I agree. They have SOLD us all down the river. They won't listen until we are burning and smashing things in the street. If the terrorist Republicans CAN play temper tantrums AND GET what they want. Unemployed Americans SHOULD throw one TOO. Enough of thinking we are dealing with SANE people. A knife at their throats seems to be the only answer, and the ONLY thing they seem to respond to. And the DEMS are just wussies at this point, being shook down for milk money by the thugs. Sad

Well, you both take the words out of my mouth. Honestly, I am still trying to figure out the real Obama and what happened here. Was it all just a ruse on his part, did he just get tired and say the heck with it all, did someone get to him? Or were we just all duped? I guess the answer doesn't really matter, but I'd still like to know.

I'll confess, part of me wants the Dems to say No to this deal out of integrity and to stand behind democratic ideals. If we allow this republican extortion to continue (if that is what indeed it is), it will happen again and worse and Obama will just roll over. Did we give him too much credit for being smart? Was he snookered? I don't know. However, a default would be disasterous. But part of me wants to see everyone on the Titanic go down if need be including the rich and those in power. I just wonder what is going to happen. At some point it's going to be too much and mistermunster speaks the truth. I almost snapped at the store twice today with two different cashiers. By snapped I mean I was going to complain about slow service. That is not like me.

rprp

Back to top Go down

Post by rprp Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 pm

disgustedwithgovt wrote:Yea, I feel like I'm drowning in that river he sold us down in. Where or where are the jobs going to come from? I want to see the figures from the wealthy on the jobs they are creating because they have all the resources, they should be tracked/monitored regularly, but that won't happen. Maybe, they will give some down and out worker in Burmuda a job for taking care of their lawn while they play on the boat and party.

The wealthy are investors. They are not the job creators. WE are the job creators (or those who have jobs who still spend money). Without the spenders and demand, there would be no jobs. Otherwise, I sure wish I knew where the jobs are supposed to come from.

rprp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down