Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........

2 posters

Go down

Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ Empty Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........

Post by TruthBTold Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 pm

I, like most people on this forum, have been hoping that we would see democrats come together and demand something for the 99ers as part of the "BIG DEAL" being negotiated right now. What with unemployment RISING and all. However, I am absolutely stunned at the lack of attention 99ers are getting from any member of congress I see on t.v. or hear on the radio. In fact, just this morning on MSNBC Rep. McDermott of Washington State was asked what dems would like to see included in the "BIG DEAL"......His response was "NOTHING". Absolutely NOTHING. I'd hate to say it, but it really seems as though dems in congress want no part of this at all. They can't even come up with the mere suggestion when asked.

TruthBTold

Back to top Go down

Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ Empty Re: Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 pm

I dont understand it at all. I really dont think there would be any political back lash for it, accept for the usual suspects. If anything, it would gain them a few more votes I am sure. Not sure why it is avoided. Its extremely frustrating.

I would think avoiding the issue would be worse for them politically.

Back to top Go down

Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........ Empty Re: Rep. McDermott was on MSNBC today, When asked what dems want in the "big deal" he completely punted........

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats why I say when many trash repubs.(well deserved), That hey! Your loving dems. are in the same category! But some seem to think if your a dem. its an automatic they care! Hello! 99er's.. The dems and Obama don't have time to be concerned about 99er's. They have enough problems to discuss...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 pm

He was on Morning Joe on Thursday, Chris Matthews Hardball on Thursday night and with Chuck Todd yesterday morning. He clearly stated that the "grand bargain" should include the development of a cost saving measure with Medicare on the prescriptions and the "large" buying power. On the Social Security topic he said that it should include the savings on the costing end, which sadly, would mean layoffs, however, saving SS money, some of those people could then transfer into areas that need additional administrative help that are not on the "chopping block" of the Republicans. Social Security is one of the most costly to administrate and there is fat to be cut. He also stated that the two measures could save over a trillion within 10 years.
I didn't see the program today, but he didn't punt on these programs on Thursday or Friday. He also mentioned the Pentagon budget being cuts as per the recommendations of Sec. Gates. He also recommended the Bowles Simpson aspect which had some ideas that would not cut benefits to the core.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 pm

And the president says "Just bumps in the road"... HELLO! Mr. President! What damn road are you on!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down