Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow

3 posters

Go down

Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow Empty Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:25 am

For an individual company, keeping down labor costs is a smart move. But the U.S. economy as a whole suffers when weak labor markets hold back consumer spending. The same companies that are laying off workers today will soon wonder why they have no customers later on.

Two years into the recovery, and it still feels like recession in the U.S. labor markets. Job growth — which in turn generates more income for consumers — can only gather a head of steam if two trends are in place: layoffs diminish and businesses go on a hiring spree.

The latest data casts doubt upon both.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/07/12/job-cutters-may-reap-what-they-sow/

Back to top Go down

Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow Empty Re: Job Cutters May Reap What They Sow

Post by jmainframe Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:40 pm

What goes around comes around!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by marrer Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Wow. Last night on the news I heard a story that said the people that work in the Unemployment Office in Colorado are facing lay-offs even though they are literally weeks behind in processing benefits.

DENVER (CBS4)- The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, already overwhelmed with unemployment claims, is preparing to lay off anywhere from 30 to 100 employees.

“It’s going to make things unbearable- they’re already difficult but they’d be unbearable,” said Chris Cartwright of Longmont, who has been on unemployment since he was laid off in February.

Cartwright said the times he has had to call the CDLE for assistance with his unemployment claims, he’s been on hold for about two hours waiting to speak to a live person.

So, ah, I just have one question: How's that recovery wokin' for ya?
marrer
marrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:20 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
For an individual company, keeping down labor costs is a smart move. But the U.S. economy as a whole suffers when weak labor markets hold back consumer spending. The same companies that are laying off workers today will soon wonder why they have no customers later on.

Two years into the recovery, and it still feels like recession in the U.S. labor markets. Job growth — which in turn generates more income for consumers — can only gather a head of steam if two trends are in place: layoffs diminish and businesses go on a hiring spree.

The latest data casts doubt upon both.

I surely doesn't look like anything is picking up. However, this could be solved with a jobs program, we would be employed, paying taxes, paying bills and buying goods. For whatever reason, when it comes to extending benefits or a jobs program, they don't want to listen to what the economists have been saying since 2007/2008. If people aren't earning, no taxes. If people aren't buying, no reason to hire, in some cases, lay offs continue.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/07/12/job-cutters-may-reap-what-they-sow/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:55 pm

marrer wrote:Wow. Last night on the news I heard a story that said the people that work in the Unemployment Office in Colorado are facing lay-offs even though they are literally weeks behind in processing benefits.

Now this makes a lot of sense! Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. I think officials in Colorado need to take a step back and rethink this.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:09 pm

jmainframe wrote:
marrer wrote:Wow. Last night on the news I heard a story that said the people that work in the Unemployment Office in Colorado are facing lay-offs even though they are literally weeks behind in processing benefits.

Now this makes a lot of sense! Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. I think officials in Colorado need to take a step back and rethink this.
It sounds punitive. The cuts directly harm the jobless, and the agency which was set up to help the jobless.

couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum