Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question re: EB jobsearch form EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question re: EB jobsearch form

3 posters

Go down

Question re: EB jobsearch form Empty Question re: EB jobsearch form

Post by BobD Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:50 am

So it looks like I will be on EB pretty soon, and I took a look at the online jobsearch form today. One thing that struck me was that the form doesn't really take into account the way most jobs are applied for today (that is, online submission). There's a space for "person contacted", but I have no idea what person (if anyone) eventually looks at my submission. Under "contact info", my latest submission (a university job) gave no hint of the address of that particular dept. (and it's not on their website either), no phone # for anyone connected with the process, and the submission-acknowledgment email I received was a "donotreply" address. In other words, nothing the state could use to verify my info (which I have to think is one of the purposes of the form).

So my question is this - what do people filling out this form put in those fields?

BobD

Back to top Go down

Question re: EB jobsearch form Empty Re: Question re: EB jobsearch form

Post by TR11005 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:12 am

It has been two years for me. Use the online Yellow Pages on the internet. If you can't find a street then put down Main or Market St. Since most cities always have these. Use Maps to find an accetable zip code and City. There is too many of you for anyone to audit. Not filling in the spaces, is like fighting city hall. Make some things up that is believable. The important thing is to have a real employer.

If you can't find anything list employment agencies, they are employers.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:14 am

Most state's systems are very antiquated. I was told to only put person contacted if you actually are interviewed or talk to someone about a job.

For address I just put a street address of some kind and have never had a problem when they were checked. For the university job I would just put the address of the university.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:37 am

I had this problem as well. I listed on the form itself that online applications were all that would be accepted. Listed the web address and the date I sent the application. In contact I listed Human Resources. I did get the phone book out, get the address of the places and a general phone number. PA forms asked if it was a personal interview, phone, or internet. They also asked that it be one of each. I listed on the form that I was directed to apply on line, not in person. I was never questioned and my checks were never held up for this. Just make sure that you do apply on line if you list that it was done that way. I doubt they check all searches, but if they random check any of the searches, you wouldn't want to not have applied. Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down