Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session

4 posters

Go down

Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  Empty Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Democratic members of the Arizona legislature are going to donate their paychecks to the unemployed people they failed to help in a special session earlier this month.

Arizona lost its eligibility for the final 20 weeks of benefits for the long-term jobless because lawmakers didn't tweak state law to conform to a new federal standard created by Congress in December to keep the benefits flowing. As many as 45,000 Arizonans will miss out on the extended benefits by the end of the year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/arizona-democrats-paychecks-jobless-_n_885392.html

Back to top Go down

Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  Empty Re: Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session

Post by laine25 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 pm

This is why I love this site. I live in AZ and didn't even see this article. Notice you don't see any Republicans offering to donate their paychecks...
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  Empty Re: Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session

Post by ExhaustedinCA Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Democratic members of the Arizona legislature are going to donate their paychecks to the unemployed people they failed to help in a special session earlier this month.

Arizona lost its eligibility for the final 20 weeks of benefits for the long-term jobless because lawmakers didn't tweak state law to conform to a new federal standard created by Congress in December to keep the benefits flowing. As many as 45,000 Arizonans will miss out on the extended benefits by the end of the year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/arizona-democrats-paychecks-jobless-_n_885392.html

Wow I never thought I would ever hear anything like that. Shocked
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm

My friend, Daniel Patterson, is the Democratic State Senator from Tucson!
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Sad American wrote:My friend, Daniel Patterson, is the Democratic State Senator from Tucson!
Actually, he's in the House of Representatives...
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 pm

But ya know, dems and repubs are exactly the same...that's what they keep telling me.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 pm

JoanB wrote:But ya know, dems and repubs are exactly the same...that's what they keep telling me.
LMAO Yeah, and Heaven and Hell are the same thing too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Daniel's a bulldog! He terrorized local, state and federal bureaucracies, Dems and Repubs alike. He played "bad cop" to my "good cop." After a discussion with him, I (the Sierra Club) seemed so darned reasonable...
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Sad American wrote:Daniel's a bulldog! He terrorized local, state and federal bureaucracies, Dems and Repubs alike. He played "bad cop" to my "good cop." After a discussion with him, I (the Sierra Club) seemed so darned reasonable...
He needs to be in the US Congress! That is the kind of person that will actually try to get things done!
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Sad American wrote:Daniel's a bulldog! He terrorized local, state and federal bureaucracies, Dems and Repubs alike. He played "bad cop" to my "good cop." After a discussion with him, I (the Sierra Club) seemed so darned reasonable...
He needs to be in the US Congress! That is the kind of person that will actually try to get things done!
 Arizona Democrats To Donate Paychecks To Jobless After Failed Special Session  938557

I assume that is the next logical step...
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am

I'd like to see all our politicians donate their paychecks to the unemployed but I know that will never happen
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm

We're all shocked, haven't heard a thing on any local or State news stations or websites about what Daniel is proposing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down