Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET!

+2
woodhorse74
Jobless_in_Ma
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! Empty Senator Harry Reid Will Be Answering Questions On Twitter Today

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 am

Senator Harry Reid will be answering question at 2 pm today via Twitter. The subject is:

What Are Dems. Doing to Create Jobs?

Ask your questions in advance here:

http://live.washingtonpost.com/harry-reid-jobs-0622.html

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! 562135

Back to top Go down

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! Empty Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 am

About the topic
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will be online on Wednesday, June 22 at 2 p.m. ET to talk about ongoing Democratic efforts on job creation.

You can submit a question above or -- even better -- go to the 2Chambers blog to post questions and vote on other readers' questions. Sen. Reid will answer the most popular question (plus many more, of course).
http://live.washingtonpost.com/harry-reid-jobs-0622.html

Please follow the link above and ask Senator Reid a question! Time is running out, and we need help now! Questions must be submitted in advance, so please, get your questions in now!

I submitted mine:

Is Congress considering any type of relief for the Long Term Unemployed, like myself, who lost their jobs when this "recession" began in 2008, and now cannot find any type of job due to the length of their unemployment? I understand there have been some job creation ideas being considered, but we have been without income for over a year now, and will soon be on the streets, a situation that is hard to overcome once you find yourself in the position of being homeless. Most of us in this situation are in our 50's, have had successful careers and are educated. We have been without health insurance for over 3 years and the only benefit we qualify for is SNAP. We can't wait until the proposed job creation plans take effect. We need help right now. Why is Congress ignoring us? We would give anything just to have even a part-time "McJob"! Can you tell me if we will see any kind of relief before Congress adjourns for the summer recess in August?

Back to top Go down

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! Empty Re: Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 am

Very Happy
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! Empty Re: Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am

Sent mine as well. Hope you all will.

Back to top Go down

Post by woodhorse74 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:39 am

sent mine as well

woodhorse74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 am

This was one of my questions:
With unemployment so high, and the duration so long, dont you think it makes sense to add benefits for the long term unemployed (exhaustees)? The CBC has a bill in committee, HR 589 which would add 14 weeks of benefits to tier I. We need jobs, but we need assistance until those jobs are created. It is absolutely inhumane to let millions of people suffer through no fault of their own. Some people exhausted benefits as far back March 2010 and are still unable to find work. There are only 3 million jobs available for more than 15 million unemployed. Suicide rates and homelessness have risen dramatically. People are losing everything. It is going to take time to create enough jobs. Do you plan to push for another tier of benefits as well as job creation? If so, when? Millions are running out of time....
Today 6/22/2011 9:28:21 AM EDT

Another important note: They said they will be taking the questions that are "recommended" the most!! I recommend going through the comments and clicking "recommend" on all of the questions regarding benefits for 99ers and unemployment!! I see a bunch of other unrelated questions that we dont want to be at the forefront. Make them stay on topic!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PamelaJo Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Submitted my question/comment. Sure hope we will be heard and that the right people are listening!
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Submitted my question as well and selected my recommendations. We shall see what questions they decide to pick to answer...
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Please go in and vote for the questions he will answer! Time is running out!

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Bump
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 pm

All seems to be pretty much all rhetoric from up to this point with the 3 Q & A responses, pointing the finger with making excuses and giving generalized responses, exactly what is to be expected from politician.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Not one single sentence yet addressed to harry's specific priorities (being job creation in his own words) as it applies to long term unemployed adults. Did he not listen to or was he not informed whatsoever on the televised economic development comittee hearing a couple weeks ago on Cspan??? Not surprised here one bit at all, even though I thought Id give him a chance to reflect/address the topic he has chosen to address.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 pm

He's 6 for 6 in my book, lol, all bunch of rhetoric , oh well.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

not impressed at all with his answers
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

I agree with you both, all rhetoric and no real answers...
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Not impressed at all. Same old rhetoric and finger pointing. From his answers so far, NOTHING has even been discussed about job creation, never mind addressing the long term unemployed and 99ers. The President can suggest and propose job programs all he wants, it won't get done without the approval of Congress, and they haven't even started discussing any solutions yet.

These are the same kind of responses we got from the #AskDems Twitter Chat a while back - blame each other and total avoidance to any questions regarding the LTU.

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Being that he did not mention one single sentence or word on any of his first 8 'wordy' answers on the need to establish and hire a JOB CREATION COORDINATOR at the department level (which by the way has finally been mentioned at yesterdays commerce nominee hearing), just further shows how this man always seems to dodge questions and show he is strictly an administrator, ruler, lawmaker, and executive being completely out of touch of reality and operating on completely different set of rules like his other 600 chamber colleagues.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Sen. Harry Reid answers your questions LIVE today at 2:00 pm, ET! 895764 Pretty vague, BUT HE ANSWERED 2 QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LTU, 99ERS AND 589!!!!

Q.
Federal Job Creation Investments

Is it true that there is a significant balance of unused stimulus money? If so, what are the barriers for investing in infrastructure restoration projects, extending UI benefits for the "99'rs" and small business loan programs?

A.
Harry Reid :

Money in the Recovery Act was meant to get into the economy quickly to get the biggest bang for the buck. As the CBO just told us, the Recovery Act in the first quarter of 2011 increased "the number of people employed by between 1.2 million and 3.3 million, and increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by 1.6 million to 4.6 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise."
– June 22, 2011 2:44 PM
Q.
HR 589

Do you support HR 589 [The Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011]? If yes, what are you doing to get it passed? If no, have you a better plan to keep job hunters alive while jobs are created?

June 22, 2011 2:19 PM

A.
Harry Reid :

The Congressional Budget Office has told us that the best thing you can do to help the economy in the short run is to provide assistance to the unemployed, so we should look at that legislation to see how it might fit within a jobs-focused package.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:11 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I am amazed he answered those questions!!!! Id say that is a step in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Dodged both questions somewhat, especially so in the 2nd answer, unnaceptable, who is voting these people into office?

My local congress. rep. office wasn't even aware as of recently of HR 589, amazingly sad.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 pm

mj33 wrote:Dodged both questions somewhat, especially so in the 2nd answer, unnaceptable, who is voting these people into office?

My local congress. rep. office wasn't even aware as of recently of HR 589, amazingly sad.

It is more than we have gotten from any other politician in DC, other than Reps. Lee, Scott and the other 80 co-sponsors of HR 589!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I also am amazed hr589 was mentioned since it's still stuck in committee. No way to look at it when it's held up still. But the fact he did answer it and mention assisting the unemployed is the best thing in short run is positive. Tying it to a jobs bill would be only way it passes. The issue then becomes HOW LONG would that take. We all know they break for the summer really soon.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:55 pm

And they stall on everything. It's a wonder they get anything done.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next