Latest topics
» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
May 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar


UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 pm


The Administrators of UF2 received an email from a reporter from Reuters a short while ago regarding our members and their struggles with long-term unemployment, and what you think of any possible future unemployment extensions.

All of our members have "good credentials", IMO - you have all worked most of your life, and because we have a solid work history, good references and were successful, we are having difficulty even finding a McJob!

Please contact this reporter and share your story, your thoughts, and what you think the future will be like for you in this economy.

They chose Unemployed Friends2 for a reason, and that reason is YOU! Please contact them!



Message subject : [Contact] request for interview for Reuters story

Message content :

Hi
I am a Reuters reporter working on a story about the chances of reauthorization for federal unemployment assistance for next year. To make the story come alive, I would really like to speak with some of your members, especially those who have been unemployed long-term and who have good job credentials. Please call me on my cell at 301 767 6213 or at work at 646 223 7882. Thank you so much.

____________________
Sender e-mail address: alexandra.alper@thomsonreuters.com

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:12 pm

I hope everyone will take advantage of this!! bounce

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:I hope everyone will take advantage of this!! bounce
Including your husband!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Yes!! Im working on him...he is very shy. Have to cure him of that lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

The Administrators of UF2 received an email from a reporter from Reuters a short while ago regarding our members and their struggles with long-term unemployment, and what you think of any possible future unemployment extensions.

All of our members have "good credentials", IMO - you have all worked most of your life, and because we have a solid work history, good references and were successful, we are having difficulty even finding a McJob!

Please contact this reporter and share your story, your thoughts, and what you think the future will be like for you in this economy.

They chose Unemployed Friends2 for a reason, and that reason is YOU! Please contact them!



Message subject : [Contact] request for interview for Reuters story

Message content :

Hi
I am a Reuters reporter working on a story about the chances of reauthorization for federal unemployment assistance for next year. To make the story come alive, I would really like to speak with some of your members, especially those who have been unemployed long-term and who have good job credentials. Please call me on my cell at 301 767 6213 or at work at 646 223 7882. Thank you so much.

____________________
Sender e-mail address: alexandra.alper@thomsonreuters.com


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:Yes!! Im working on him...he is very shy. Have to cure him of that lol
Do it for him!! Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Ah ha! I should!! Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by laine25 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Called her and just got off the phone with her. She asks a lot of questions. Don't know if it will do any good but I told her what I thought.
avatar
laine25
Member

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 52

Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

laine25 wrote:Called her and just got off the phone with her. She asks a lot of questions. Don't know if it will do any good but I told her what I thought.


I am going to call her in a little while. A little nervous, but I know I have to do it!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 pm

thats great laine!! good job and thanks for calling her!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by laine25 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm

You're welcome. I'm very frustrated right now because my state AZ legislators have not passed EB for 15,000 unemployed so I was able to let her know that I thought all our legislators should walk in the shoes of the unemployed. They don't have a clue what is going on in this country. I'm hoping more will call her. We need to show our faces, after all they think we're invisible. I just hope it will do some good and get HR 589 passed.
avatar
laine25
Member

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 52

Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:39 pm

I e-mailed her, I don't have that many minutes to burn up on my cell.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Fuentes on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Why do they always wait until it's over before they start to listen?

Fuentes
Member

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.
avatar
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 43
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:59 pm

I called and left a voice mail. Left my number but if I don't hear I will be calling her back. Also thanked her for taking an interest in the long term unemployed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

The Administrators of UF2 received an email from a reporter from Reuters a short while ago regarding our members and their struggles with long-term unemployment, and what you think of any possible future unemployment extensions.

All of our members have "good credentials", IMO - you have all worked most of your life, and because we have a solid work history, good references and were successful, we are having difficulty even finding a McJob!

Please contact this reporter and share your story, your thoughts, and what you think the future will be like for you in this economy.

They chose Unemployed Friends2 for a reason, and that reason is YOU! Please contact them!



Message subject : [Contact] request for interview for Reuters story

Message content :

Hi
I am a Reuters reporter working on a story about the chances of reauthorization for federal unemployment assistance for next year. To make the story come alive, I would really like to speak with some of your members, especially those who have been unemployed long-term and who have good job credentials. Please call me on my cell at 301 767 6213 or at work at 646 223 7882. Thank you so much.

____________________
Sender e-mail address: alexandra.alper@thomsonreuters.com
backflip

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:39 pm

And please mention that you are a 99er, not just long term unemployed.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 pm

I have tried to reach her several times and could not. I sent an email.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UF2 Members - Reuters News Service Wants to Hear from YOU! Please contact them!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum