Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Rude interviewer !! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Rude interviewer !! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Rude interviewer !! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Rude interviewer !! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Rude interviewer !! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Rude interviewer !! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Rude interviewer !! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Rude interviewer !! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Rude interviewer !! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Rude interviewer !! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Rude interviewer !! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Rude interviewer !! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Rude interviewer !! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Rude interviewer !! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Rude interviewer !! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Rude interviewer !!

+7
New_Wave_Princess
lendmeflight2
LeannaAndPerry
gettheminNOVEMBER
laine25
americatheneedy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rude interviewer !! Empty Rude interviewer !!

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm

I have had 3 interviews lately. I guess I got a little hopeful (should have known better) because not ONE had had the decency to even email me a decline. The first two were typical smile in your face, waste your time kind of deals. The one I went on yesterday defies belief. I drove 2 hours and spent at least 20 bucks in gasoline to show up for an interview at 930 in the morning on a Saturday!! Typical interview, got typing test, then questions.
So the guy says, why should I chose you? I barely start speaking when the guy says, "Never mind, you're just lying anyway!!" I never saw this guy before today. Then he starts in on a rant about how people who have been out of work for a while are unemployed because they really don't want work. Then he says I probably just ran out of unemployment. FYI, I have never collected a dime of ANY unemployment, worker's comp. etc. (No insult to those that have including my husband). I stood up told him that I had taken off to care for an aging Alzheimer's parent and then closed the estate, only to come back into a budget that was laying off teachers, which was what I was previous to taking off for my dad. I was sooooo angry; I barely made it to the car without knocking his head off. Oh, by the way, he knew my background before he called me in for the interview, was he just trying to get a kick out of insulting me???? I was already down because of the other interviews not getting back to me with even a courtesty email.
Now, I am literally SCARED of interviews. Unemployed do not deserve this treatment. I cannot take any more rejection. I mean I literally cannot take anymore rejection and cruelty, I am just about ready to just give up looking and hide in my room.
Rude interviewer !! 86524 WHY????
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Rude interviewer !! Empty Re: Rude interviewer !!

Post by laine25 Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:42 pm

You know I've had similar experiences though not as bad. I think you should write a letter to his supervisor to tell that person how you were treated. Not that it would do any good but at least you'd feel better. This treatment is outrageous! I drove about 30 miles one way for a job and the interviewer didn't even look at my resume. He then says "oh, thanks for driving up here". I was fuming because it was a waste of my time. I had another one where I was called back for a second interview and the employer told me he wasn't ready to make a decision. He could have called me so I could at least saved some gas money!! mad

Last edited by laine25 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

WOW, I would be in jail right now if that happened to me. Sorry to hear that but would you really want to work for a jerk like that?

Can you report him to someone?

Don't let this one ahol affect you. Please brush it off.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 pm

No, no one to report him to, he made a point of bragging about his NINE bedroom house and let me know he was the owner. I can't believe humanity contain samples such as this guy!!!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:59 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:WOW, I w.ould be in jail right now if that happened to me. Sorry to hear that but would you really want to work for a jerk like that?

Well I am a short redhead, he was a big guy. You know that makes me think, why would any gentleman or real man talk to a woman that way?? Makes it even worse. It is times like these where my sheer inability to hit someone keeps me out of jail.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

americatheneedy wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:WOW, I w.ould be in jail right now if that happened to me. Sorry to hear that but would you really want to work for a jerk like that?

Well I am a short redhead, he was a big guy. You know that makes me think, why would any gentleman or real man talk to a woman that way?? Makes it even worse. It is times like these where my sheer inability to hit someone keeps me out of jail.

That really is a shame, people do treat others that appear not to be a threat differently. Life has a funny way of getting back at people like this. Just don't let it get to you. If I lived near you I would make him apologize. Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm sure everyone on this website has had a very bad job interview experience. Common courtesy doesn't exist anymore. I look at it this way. This is a place I probably would not want to work for anyway if this is the manner I'm treated in an interview situation. Total lack of professionalism. If you did accept a job offer and went to work there, you'd probably regret it. I recommend a site called www.workcoachcafe.com which gives good feedback regarding the interview process.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 pm

You're right common courtesy isn't common. I wouldn't want to work there after this situation. However, I spent over 20 bucks in gas and drove 4 hours round trip. The other interviews I have had have cost about 15 more in gas. I cannot afford to be jerked around by these employers!!!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Maybe we should all start recording interviews to send to congress. I know it couldnt be used it a court of law but they need to know this is happening. That guy is a jerk!! Im so sorry that happened to you. I know we can all say forget about it, he doesnt matter but its easier said than done. Just know that you are a better person and he probably did you a favor because he seems like he would be a real jerk to work for anyway!!

Keep your head held high and keep trying. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks Sick and Tired, but I am so sick and tired of being rejected. I have no self-confidence, and it scares me to think how many others think like this jerk and just don't say it?? Don't really want to work??? Are they high???
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:33 pm

I know, like we like to BARELY exist. It feels like everything is out of reach, like we are in a different world than those who have money. (we are IMO) I wonder how many others think that way too.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeannaAndPerry Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm

I know it might sound far fetched, but what about a spy cam? They have those inexpensive one's. Hold about 30 minutes or so video feed with a click of a button. I've seen people use them on news broadcast to expose someone's bad ways of practice. Seems like if they can do it there, you can do it. Just a though. And it makes me so angry that he treated you with unjust disrespect that I want to go there myself and punch him for you. I'm not afraid of jail!

LeannaAndPerry
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I'm sorry that happened to you americatheneedy, no one should be treated like that, and that interviewer is a jerk. Hopefully he will meet up w/ karma and it will be a real b!tch. I hope things start to look up for you and that a good employer comes your way soon. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi America,
Man, you have to wonder about people like that! What was this guy thinking, you could have gone off on him bigtime? I guess what I mean is, wouldn't you think he might have thought of the fact that what he was saying could have caused an incident. That type of combative behavior to get you angry was on purpose, or so it sure seems so. That is worst then cutting someone off while driving, and the whole road rage thing starts up. This stupid fool was sittng in the same room with you, I have to say I'm surprised at his ignorance to protect himself from conflict. Anyway, your my hero, that fool would have been hurt by me.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I have a similar story that happened to my cousin this week. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious. She is also a laid off teacher. She applied for a basic retail job that pays barely above minimum wage. She was a teacher so, of course, she has education. They called her into the interview because they were impressed with her education and asked her how much she needed to make. Then they decided to not hire her because she has too much education and they are afraid she will leave when something better comes along, which she would.

What kind of sense does this make? They called her into the interview because of her education and then they didn't hire her because she has education?

Last edited by lendmeflight2 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:23 am

This stinks Americatheneedy and I'd be livid. I've had a few ones like this lately where they say things like "if you're as great as you say why are you still unemployed?". I'm unemployed because I am overqualified for 90% of the job listings I see and 10% I am qualified for never call me. I once had a guy berate me by saying a 3.7GPA was a low score for the school I attende.

I think most of these interviewers are having fun being mean.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 am

Totally agree with you. I've dealt with some pretty mean interviewers. And some of the questions they ask are just plain stupid.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Not just stupid but often intrusive as well. I've gotten many interviews that were very sexist to boot.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:50 am

Is there someone to report badly behaved interviewers to?

I have gone on 2 interviews in the last 2 weeks, both turned out to be suspiciously blocks away from my old company. (I was laid off, but stating it wasn't a well-behaved company, is putting it mildly).

I was a little surprised to get a call back from this company(has sites all over our region)- I had actually done work for them through the company I'd been laid off from, but they had fired our company to go with a much less expensive one.

We played phone tag, and I left a call and an email for the recruiter to pencil me in to a date/time convenient to her, and I would be there. She left another voice mail for me to call her back. I noticed it was a different #, but I called it. The 5001 # was for the company's caller ID something or other.Puzzled, I hung up, and called and left a message at the original #. Voice mail. I again requested to be penciled in at a time convenient to her. I received an email with a 4:00 interview on June 29. I plan-tripped it on metrotransit.org, took a bus 30 minutes earlier to be safe.

I did not arrive 10-15 minutes early, as I should have, but I was there by 4:00. There was one set of sprinklers going full blast only at the bus stop, but nowhere else on the company's premises. I had no choice but to go through them, quickly.

I checked in at the desk with 2 pleasant, but puzzled ladies. Nobody told them I was coming, and most departments are closed, and gone at 4pm. Everything goes to voicemail. I had written down the names of the recruiter & interviewer, but only had the phone # for the recruiter. They had never heard of the interviewer. I told them it was for the mail clerk's position, and probably the interviewer was a manager there. While they searched and called their operator, they served a few other people waiting. Fifteen minutes later, they located the interviewer's #, and called to let them know I was there.

She came up, seething. She's leaving for a vacation next week. Instead of an elevator, we took stairs. We went to a room, where she lit into me for being late, making a bad impression, etc. She went on about being in the military...When she was done, I explained to her the above. I asked her if she wanted to continue the interview.She accused me of making excuses.

The interview began. I explained to her about my background, skills and prior job responsibilities, as pertaining to the position. I asked her if she had any questions, and she did not. She rattled off a bit about the position, and that the person there, was moving into another position in the company, but would be there for a week to train someone, and so needed to fill position ASAP. But later, she stated that if I hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, to call the recruiter, to follow up. It may mean that I was overlooked, or it may mean that the interviewer was still looking for the proper candidate. I am desperate for work, I am not desperate for abuse. I've already endured that. I'm very serious: Who can I report this to?

Last edited by couth11 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 am

americatheneedy wrote: I have had 3 interviews lately. I guess I got a little hopeful (should have known better) because not ONE had had the decency to even email me a decline. The first two were typical smile in your face, waste your time kind of deals. The one I went on yesterday defies belief. I drove 2 hours and spent at least 20 bucks in gasoline to show up for an interview at 930 in the morning on a Saturday!! Typical interview, got typing test, then questions.
So the guy says, why should I chose you? I barely start speaking when the guy says, "Never mind, you're just lying anyway!!" I never saw this guy before today. Then he starts in on a rant about how people who have been out of work for a while are unemployed because they really don't want work. Then he says I probably just ran out of unemployment. FYI, I have never collected a dime of ANY unemployment, worker's comp. etc. (No insult to those that have including my husband). I stood up told him that I had taken off to care for an aging Alzheimer's parent and then closed the estate, only to come back into a budget that was laying off teachers, which was what I was previous to taking off for my dad. I was sooooo angry; I barely made it to the car without knocking his head off. Oh, by the way, he knew my background before he called me in for the interview, was he just trying to get a kick out of insulting me???? I was already down because of the other interviews not getting back to me with even a courtesty email.
Now, I am literally SCARED of interviews. Unemployed do not deserve this treatment. I cannot take any more rejection. I mean I literally cannot take anymore rejection and cruelty, I am just about ready to just give up looking and hide in my room.
Rude interviewer !! 86524 WHY????

I just endured something similar. I am so sorry for us. The only answer to "why" I can think of, is that are money is limited. It is running out. They just made us spend money on a wasted journey. We are that much closer to running out of money, and losing everything we own. Hooray for them.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Its pure ignorance. They also lack the ability to feel empathy.

Im so sorry you guys went through that! Its THEM that have the problem, not you. Keep your head up and don't let it slow you down.

I have never been all that religious or believed in the devil and all that, but lately, what I see has to be the devil at work. I am having a hard time understanding how people can be so ignorant and rude, especially certain members of congress. I really wish I could make sense of it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm

This is incredible. I've never heard of such an upfront nasty attack on someone trying to find a job. I've had awful interviews (when I get interviews) but nothing on this scale, although I've found my tolerance for the rejection has worn thin.

Yesterday i got a rejection email and I was so angry I just sent a response saying that I don't know if the people you found more qualified than I am saw this but it would be more professional if you actually proofread your job posting because "assoiciate" is spelled incorrectly. As a former editor I would have noticed the error.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Displaced Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Wow! I've had some bad interviews over the years, but nothing this bad!

I don't know how high up this guy was in the company, americatheneedy (smurfette) but you should write to the CEO or someone higher up and report his behavior and your treatment. If this was a teaching position, you should write to the school district and/or board of education.

As for the spy cams... you can buy one on E-Bay for about $10, but they do not record sound. A small digital voice recorder would be better for that (like a bug or wire). Funny but sad that we are thinking of doing this.

Miss Displaced

http://missdisplaced.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:39 pm

You should report them to:

1. Dept. of Labor and Industry in your state (I assume you were looking in your state, if not, the state the company is located in). Companies must conform to the Fair Hiring Act.

2. The Better Business Bureau in your state.

3. Try and find out who at the company is in authority. Get someone if you don't want to, to call and get the name of the H.R. Manager or the CEO. Then write a letter, as unemotionally as you can, explain exactly what happened. Use the two receptionists as an example. The company more than likely has security cameras both outside and inside the lobby for the purpose of security, you will be able to see when and where you entered the building and they are usually time stamped. Even if you never hear from them, you are on record listing a complaint against the interviewer. Make mention of the fact that you have also listed complaints with the BBB and the Dept of Labor. Dept of Labor does have to investigate all complaints with regard to non-compliance of Fair Hiring Act. It may do you no good, but it will feel good to get it off your chest and push back a little.

As many have said, I am sorry that this is how you were treated. Don't hide, not everyone treats people this way. And, although it is not any consolation, would you really want to work there, knowing what you now know? You are too good for the likes of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:35 am

I think I would have to lay into him. I have had plenty of practice calling recruiters bad names real loud so everyone could hear, then walking out. I don't get embarrassed any more. Let them try to arrest me!

That is about all you can do, so he would not pull this on anyone else.

If you don't go on other interviews then the baster wins.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum