Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
distressed EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
distressed EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
distressed EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
distressed EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
distressed EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
distressed EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
distressed EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
distressed EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
distressed EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
distressed EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
distressed EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
distressed EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
distressed EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
distressed EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
distressed EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

distressed

3 posters

Go down

distressed Empty distressed

Post by Kathleen Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:36 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43283120/ns/business-us_business
"The Obama administration’s main program to keep distressed homeowners from falling into foreclosure has been aimed at those who took out subprime loans or other risky mortgages during the heady days of the housing boom. But these days, the primary cause of foreclosures is unemployment.

As a result, there is a mismatch between the homeowner program’s design and the country’s economic realities — and a new round of finger-pointing about how best to fix it. "
This will be me Crying or Very sad

Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

distressed Empty Re: distressed

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:57 am

Here is another article on the program.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/06/05/efforts_to_spare_unemployed_from_foreclosure_stall/

I see foreclosure property everywhere. Almost every other house in the area has been foreclosed on and sits empty. It no longer surprises me when I see an empty home that was just built 5 or 6 years ago, and once had beautifully landscaped yards and nice cars in the driveway. Every time I go out, there is another one. It is very scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 am

What really bothers me about this is, look at websits for real estate in your area, I know none of us are buying, but my point is, they don't advertise all of them as foreclosure or short sales. They don't want prospective buyers to know this, because not only did the former owners go through hell with the games, lies and greed, but a prospective buyer is about to be put through hell by the banks that are handling these properties. They do need to put regulations in place regarding foreclosures, "as is", and short sales. It's a nightmare. Two neighbors are real estate agents, they are now with new agencies, because after three years of a really depressed market, they refused to show short sale and foreclosed properties. And then when you buy one, how do you feel knowing you got a deal on a house when the previous owners and families went through hell and had their lives turned upside down.

This morning at mass, the visiting priest and the pastor both spoke about our primary next week and urged all parishoners to vote with a conscience. Vote for people who are not against helping the unemployed, the poor, the elderly and those down on their luck. That's the first time I have heard that stance from the pulpit in a long time. Our parish is also running a food drive and collection after every mass to help displaced, down on their luck parishoners. It was hard to tell, who was who in church today, people don't advertise this, but I am happy to report that the food boxes had to be moved after the first mass as the vestibule was full. The collection was active. I only had two dollars, but I gave.

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Empty houses everywhere, homeless people in tent cities, thank goodness your church is trying to do something.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamslides Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey you know what? My neighbor actually didn't pay his mortgage I guess and instead he TOOK everything out of the house, I mean door knobs, wood flooring, carpet, and loaded it all into a truck, even ceiling fans... then afterward he left and abandoned it. The mortgage company came and put a lock and had someone working on it... never believed that could happen huh

dreamslides

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

That happened to the house next store then the bank sold it for 30,000 less than mine-and it's a 3 br vs my 2 br. Now my mortgage holder is saying I have to pay for higher insurance and higher taxes in my escrow account - Their tables are based on appreicition when everything keeps devaluating. They say I can't lower my insurance and they will purchase a higher policy, at my expense of course and that instead of basing the taxes on 2012 - already published and I notified them of the true assessment, I have to take thier estimate. All they want is more money to play with....... not feeling the love. Tired of doing the right thing. At least my car is mine, and the fees I know I need to pay are fairly predictable.
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum