Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The secret life of a resume EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The secret life of a resume EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The secret life of a resume EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The secret life of a resume EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The secret life of a resume EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The secret life of a resume EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The secret life of a resume EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The secret life of a resume EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The secret life of a resume EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The secret life of a resume EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The secret life of a resume EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The secret life of a resume EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The secret life of a resume EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The secret life of a resume EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The secret life of a resume EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The secret life of a resume

3 posters

Go down

The secret life of a resume Empty The secret life of a resume

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

"It's not only to fill the position that is being advertised, but it's also to look at that talented individual joining the organization [and] where can they go in the future," said Mike Panigel, chief human resources officer for Siemens.

By early April, another 36 people had sent in resumes, too late to be considered. One person had already been selected by the hiring managers.

The successful candidate was offered the position on April 8, beating out 186 other applicants.

The secret life of a resume Job-vo10
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/18/news/economy/filling_job_opening/?iid=HP_LN

Back to top Go down

The secret life of a resume Empty Re: The secret life of a resume

Post by jeffbennet Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 am

The Labor Department has been reporting a gradually diminishing jobless rate. Things are increasing, but very slowly. It's still a tough, aggressive job market. You need every edge you can get. Having a great resume is your easiest way to get an interview. A crisp, up-to-date resume is a best calling card. But if it's not working for you, perhaps it needs a "refresher." Resource for this article: Refresh your resume to improve job search.

jeffbennet

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 am

the article is from May, I applied to a job with Siemans.
Siemans is now called Atos after some buyout or something....

I went through several telephone interviews and always made it to the next level of interview....
It got to were the IT person told me they were recomending me to be hired,,,then i ran into some problems with HR dept....

If i remeber correctly this one asked me what year i graduated from HS as the VERY last interview question (HR dept that is)......

I had a very good dialog with the IT person and he told me he liked ALL my answers...

seriously I have talked to people who tell me recuitors know next to nothing about a lot of IT business stuff and for an HR person to be influential in the hiring process is not to bright...leave it to the supervisor/manager whom you would be working with....

elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by racheljimme Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 am

Resume can help describe your ability and your nature. My resume provide me best job opportunity. So better resume is base of best job.

racheljimme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 pm

elvis44102 wrote:the article is from May, I applied to a job with Siemans.
Siemans is now called Atos after some buyout or something....

I went through several telephone interviews and always made it to the next level of interview....
It got to were the IT person told me they were recomending me to be hired,,,then i ran into some problems with HR dept....

If i remeber correctly this one asked me what year i graduated from HS as the VERY last interview question (HR dept that is)......

I had a very good dialog with the IT person and he told me he liked ALL my answers...

seriously I have talked to people who tell me recuitors know next to nothing about a lot of IT business stuff and for an HR person to be influential in the hiring process is not to bright...leave it to the supervisor/manager whom you would be working with....

Hi Elvis,

I know where you are coming from on this. But I need to inject the fact that I sense "a door not quite closed" here. It might be a bit tricky to get back in communication with this group, but as jobs are coming about just recently I think you should consider trying to.

They didn't interview you several times for nothing. Yes most recruiters and HR individuals do not have the dimensional or required experience to recognize the skill/experience mix for a good IT person. It's basically up to the person you had a good connect with.

I had a similar situation. They just couldn't figure out exactly where they wanted me to be placed in a contract, so 4 week's of telephone interviews went on. Then all of a sudden they needed me to fly to another state and take over an enterprise VPN project because the PM was disgusted and was leaving.

Think about it that way. If you contact them, you might find that they are needing you... you just need to get re-acquainted.

The HR issue baffles me but in the same way doesn't bother me at all. They may have found someone internally to "fill the bill" at the time.

You have time invested in this one... contacting them ASAP would not hurt at all.

Good luck!
Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down