Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead"

Go down

House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" Empty House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead"

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 pm

So given their druthers, the Republicans would rather screw the long-term unemployed out of the pittance they get on unemployment. They don't put it that way, of course; they merely offer states the "option" of spending federal unemployment funding on their debt instead of unemployment benefits.

After some encouraging signs that Republicans might cooperate with them, the two House Democrats trying to give the long-term jobless extra weeks of unemployment benefits are dismayed the GOP has instead moved a bill that could take benefits away.

“Instead of acting on our bill to extend aid to unemployed workers who have exhausted their benefits, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Camp wants to gut unemployment benefits and deny millions of jobless workers the means to help make ends meet," Lee and Scott said in a statement. Camp's office declined to comment. Ways and Means will vote on Camp's bill on Wednesday.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/house-republicans-long-term-unemploye

no

Back to top Go down

House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" Empty Re: House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead"

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 11:58 pm

It sure seems like they want us dead bhoenr

Back to top Go down

House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" Empty Re: House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead"

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 am

Next cut...SNAP. I believe that is one issue they will be discussing with the President on Thursday is TANF. That program is in jeopardy too. I know I will be one of the first to lose benefits under SNAP because I am single with grown children. Starve us first I guess so we won't be needing Medicare anytime in the near future.
mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 am

WHY are they doing this? It wont help anything...we all know that. They must know it too. I could probably handle it better if they had a good reason. cutting food stamps will hurt the economy, so wont cutting UE benefits. I want to know WHY!!! there is no other good reason other wanting to hurt people or show them who's boss, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 9:50 am

House Republicans to Long-Term Unemployed: "Drop Dead" 305108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum