Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Whats really getting on my nerves right now. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Whats really getting on my nerves right now.

+2
lendmeflight2
hello
6 posters

Go down

Whats really getting on my nerves right now. Empty Whats really getting on my nerves right now.

Post by hello Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 am

Throughout the 99 weeks, I often thought about moving to a bigger city, or going back to school and finishing it. But it seemed like whenever a tier was coming to an end, it was up in the air if the next tier would be available or not because of deadlines and legislation stuck in congress. So basically I could not make any long term commitments. If they had given these 99 weeks in a normal fashion, I would have atleast done something in those 99weeks. But no, they had to pull all this s*it. I am really really aggravated at these guys right now. I mean, who do they think they are seriously? What gives them the right to let so many people starve and go into poverty?

hello

Back to top Go down

Whats really getting on my nerves right now. Empty Re: Whats really getting on my nerves right now.

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 am

I feel exactly the same way. Nearly everyday during this someone would say "Why don't you go back to school'? Why? Because every three months I have to worry about my benefits being extended. If they don't get extended I can't finish school.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Whats really getting on my nerves right now. Empty Re: Whats really getting on my nerves right now.

Post by Judi58 Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 am

hello wrote:Throughout the 99 weeks, I often thought about moving to a bigger city, or going back to school and finishing it. But it seemed like whenever a tier was coming to an end, it was up in the air if the next tier would be available or not because of deadlines and legislation stuck in congress. So basically I could not make any long term commitments. If they had given these 99 weeks in a normal fashion, I would have atleast done something in those 99weeks. But no, they had to pull all this s*it. I am really really aggravated at these guys right now. I mean, who do they think they are seriously? What gives them the right to let so many people starve and go into poverty?

I did go back to school it is still tough no money until August BUT it is so much better then sitting home, I would have slit my wrist if I did not have somewhere to go and think around aduts in the same boat as me. Go if you dont have a degree money and free classes are ava,,, go to Opportunity. gov
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 am

PS if you so to school at night so it does not interrup job hunting you still get unemployment and PELLS AND STATE GRANTS... I went to UI and had the supervisor sigh a letter to this fact.
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 04, 2011 2:20 am

That really isn't the issue, the issue is that if my benefits got cut off I couldn't stay in my house. I would have to move out of town with family.

So, every three months I has to go through worrying about it.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 am

Yeah, going to school is not the issue. You can do it online. But not knowing how long your benefits are going to last keeps you from making any long term commitments. If you run out of cash halfway through the first semester, then 1) you would feel stupid for wasting money on something you couldnt finish. And 2) you could have used that money for bills or saved some to get by longer.

You missed the point judi.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 8:46 am

What is really getting on my nerves right now is that I have been a 99er for over a year. I lost my job when the economy was still in a deep slide. There was no way I was going to find another one at that time - RI was #1 in the country for the highest UE rate, until MI took over.

What is really getting on my nerves now are the people who choose to sit back and let others advocate for them, whether it be for job creation or unemployment benefits.

I have been in this fight for a long time and have advocated and supported legislation that would not help me (4213).

To the people out there who choose to do nothing - you have lost an advocate. I'm throwing in the towel. You win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 04, 2011 12:15 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:What is really getting on my nerves right now is that I have been a 99er for over a year. I lost my job when the economy was still in a deep slide. There was no way I was going to find another one at that time - RI was #1 in the country for the highest UE rate, until MI took over.

What is really getting on my nerves now are the people who choose to sit back and let others advocate for them, whether it be for job creation or unemployment benefits.

I have been in this fight for a long time and have advocated and supported legislation that would not help me (4213).

To the people out there who choose to do nothing - you have lost an advocate. I'm throwing in the towel. You win.

Please don't, we can win this fight. We have won the others, and we can win this one.

I know DesperateInRI, it is very difficult, heartbreaking, and p-i-s-s-e-s me off too. I feel your pain. We have all worked together on all the legislation, and those that do not are just plain ignorant.

Take some deep breaths, in out in out, calm down. I know how very hard you work and it definately has not gone un-noticed on this forum. We appreciate everything you have done for us. You've been there for everyone. Hey, I am here for you. Listen today will pass and tomorrow you will carry on. Matter of fact of was thinking of taking the day off from piling emails in everyones boxes, but I just can't stop. I go to US Senate and Representatives, the PA Senate and Representatives. I am exhausted every night but can't sleep, I am so freightened.

Maybe today you can just take it easy. You work much too hard for everyone, and I appreciate you very much. Now breath! Relax today, be good to yourself, okay. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Thank you Dazed. Just having a down day. Your kind words have made it a lot better.

Whats really getting on my nerves right now. 769716

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:What is really getting on my nerves right now is that I have been a 99er for over a year. I lost my job when the economy was still in a deep slide. There was no way I was going to find another one at that time - RI was #1 in the country for the highest UE rate, until MI took over.

Please don't, we can win this fight. We have won the others, and we can win this one.

I know DesperateInRI, it is very difficult, heartbreaking, and p-i-s-s-e-s me off too. I feel your pain. We have all worked together on all the legislation, and those that do not are just plain ignorant.

Take some deep breaths, in out in out, calm down. I know how very hard you work and it definately has not gone un-noticed on this forum. We appreciate everything you have done for us. You've been there for everyone. Hey, I am here for you. Listen today will pass and tomorrow you will carry on. Matter of fact of was thinking of taking the day off from piling emails in everyones boxes, but I just can't stop. I go to US Senate and Representatives, the PA Senate and Representatives. I am exhausted every night but can't sleep, I am so freightened.

Maybe today you can just take it easy. You work much too hard for everyone, and I appreciate you very much. Now breath! Relax today, be good to yourself, okay. Dazed

X2 You are appreciated and we need you in this fight DIRI.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Desp: No offense but who is not advocating ? No reason to give up or quit on whom you assume is or is not advocating! I bet more are then not. And Its almost easy to understand that some just feel like giving up when no positive news is coming forward! IMO! It is frustrating. But we need you

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Do NOT take my post as negative, Its because you are a fighter.I often got frustrated with you and your msg. and drive saying keep contacting all the time. But now I realize we need that to keep us going on. So yes we deserve more answers from the leaders and supporters but yes we need to keep this in their faces until they say uncle!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Do NOT take my post as negative, Its because you are a fighter.I often got frustrated with you and your msg. and drive saying keep contacting all the time. But now I realize we need that to keep us going on. So yes we deserve more answers from the leaders and supporters but yes we need to keep this in their faces until they say uncle!!!

Please see this thread and take 2 minutes to call and have that call logged with the Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee office.

You don't need to conduct a conversation. Just give your name, where you are from and ask that they move the bill forward. That doesn't even take two minute. As I noted in that thread, if only a couple hundred out of over 5 million call 99ers contact that office, nothing is going to happen for us.

Everyone who will benefit from this bill, not just the 99ers, needs to make that call. It is up to you.

I hope you can understand my frustration when it is left to only a handful to speak out for millions.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2100-call-wm-cmte-chair-camp-s-office-today-have-your-call-logged-for-support-of-hr-589#22190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down