Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
My predictions for the next couple of weeks EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

My predictions for the next couple of weeks

+4
Feyth
gettheminNOVEMBER
nuttin2lose
hello
8 posters

Go down

My predictions for the next couple of weeks Empty My predictions for the next couple of weeks

Post by hello Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:11 am

Here is what I think is going to happen in the next couple of weeks.

The housing market just did a double dip. Usually this indicates recovery. The housing prices should start rising now.

The dollar is going to hit a new low, and then start recovering as well. If you follow the markets, the euro should hit 1.5030 against the dollar sometime next week or the week after, and then tumble.

Things should start moving towards normal.

hello

Back to top Go down

My predictions for the next couple of weeks Empty Re: My predictions for the next couple of weeks

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 am

My predictions (I wish I could be more optimistic):

Congress will continue to argue over the debt ceiling limit as the deadline looms in the next two weeks causing an even weaker dollar, the housing market will bottom out, massive job losses, a huge dip in the stock market (equal to or greater than 2008) and gas prices at $5 or more a gallon by Memorial Day.

In my opinion, Congress really has to get their act together within the next two weeks and focus on the debt ceiling. Even though we wish HR 589 could be their first priority, if the debt ceiling issue isn't resolved, we are going to sink into a recession worse than 2008 - which in my opinion was the Great Depression II.

Back to top Go down

My predictions for the next couple of weeks Empty Re: My predictions for the next couple of weeks

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:19 am

Mine, many more exhaustees will become homeless. My predictions for the next couple of weeks 806957 MAD

nuttin2lose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Mine, many more exhaustees will become homeless. My predictions for the next couple of weeks 806957 MAD

That goes without saying and scares the hell out of me.

I was just going through all the job boards I subscribe to and there isn't anything there that I haven't already applied for or jobs that are obvious scams. I don't remember it being this bad at this time last year. I am really discouraged, nothing is improving that I can see. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:25 pm

I predict massive protests/uprisings.....

My predictions for the next couple of weeks 54794010

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:My predictions (I wish I could be more optimistic):

Congress will continue to argue over the debt ceiling limit as the deadline looms in the next two weeks causing an even weaker dollar, the housing market will bottom out, massive job losses, a huge dip in the stock market (equal to or greater than 2008) and gas prices at $5 or more a gallon by Memorial Day.

In my opinion, Congress really has to get their act together within the next two weeks and focus on the debt ceiling. Even though we wish HR 589 could be their first priority, if the debt ceiling issue isn't resolved, we are going to sink into a recession worse than 2008 - which in my opinion was the Great Depression II.

Congress can't even tie their shoes in two weeks.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Well at least my predictions are based on some kind of method. Congress is unpredictable! lol

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:57 pm

I'd like to go with the normal, but that would be denial. So, I'll bet with the riots in the streets and the small uprisings that are already going on. Just need to know where the millions of 99's will decide where to meet up. Still have my vehicle to get there, but the gas is cost is another story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feyth Sun May 01, 2011 11:17 am

I concur. I see fewer and fewer jobs out there, not more. My county's unemployment rate seems to run with the national average, too, so it's a good picture of what is going on nationwide.

The growth rate for last quarter was only 1.8%, after growing 4% in the last quarter of 2010. More bankruptcies were filed in my county last month than in any other since the bankruptcies rules were changed in 2005. One in four households are still in danger of foreclosure. One in six families are still on food stamps. Yet where I work, in an affluent area, folks cram the drive-thru's every day, seemingly oblivious to gas prices. They crowd my store being useless crap from China to decorate their McMansions.

Frankly, I'm afraid to even try to predict the future, as I see more of the same for years on end unless this country WAKES UP.

Every day on my bus ride to my tenuous part-time job, I pass a large group of homeless who gather at a local park. I try not to dwell on this, but sometimes I think it's just a matter of time before I join them.

Feyth

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm

hello wrote:Here is what I think is going to happen in the next couple of weeks.

The housing market just did a double dip. Usually this indicates recovery. The housing prices should start rising now.

The dollar is going to hit a new low, and then start recovering as well. If you follow the markets, the euro should hit 1.5030 against the dollar sometime next week or the week after, and then tumble.

Things should start moving towards normal.

Lol, I was off by 1 cent on the euro. It hit 1.4930 and crashed. Maaaaan..if only i had money I would be making some dough right about now.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by admin911 Thu May 05, 2011 11:08 pm

i read yesterday on career builder their job posting numbers are rising which means more jobs are opening up. and i have seen several comments by CIO's that are expecting to hire and grow their business.
admin911
admin911

http://www.outsourcedorunemployed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Thu May 05, 2011 11:15 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Mine, many more exhaustees will become homeless. My predictions for the next couple of weeks 806957 MAD

yes I agree .. HR589 is a pie in the sky so we stay still while they play us as suckers...

I dont believe in the CREW of 42 79 ?? who knows anymore... No jobs No food No money for anything... I give..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 am

Sick & Tired wrote:I predict massive protests/uprisings.....

My predictions for the next couple of weeks 54794010

I think you are right. With this new piece of legislation that was introduced in both the House and Senate yesterday to divert the funds for EUC to states and businesses instead of paying the individuals Tiers 1 - 4 is going to create millions more very angry unemployed Americans.

How dare they call it their "Jobs Bill". Stopping EUC payments and giving businesses tax breaks as "incentives" to hire is a joke. They will continue to work their bare-bones staff to death and any further tax breaks for them will just add to their profits.

If these people are cut-off, how do Camp and Hatch expect them to be "consumers" with no money? This is a consumer driven economy and when you take the people out who drive it (the consumer) it is only going to cause massive job losses and most likely a greater Depression than the 1930's.

I think people are going to be very, very angry. I am, and this bill won't affect me, I've been a 99er for over a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

My prediction is we wont hear squat about 589 and more about this "Jobs" Bill.

More of the same.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 pm

I think the Reps put the Jobs bill in motion because the Dems said we need to tax the rich, and that was the agreement or trade off to get benefits extended last December, 13 month extension on unemployment for no new taxes for the rich, so there you go, broken promises.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down