Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo

+4
Agent Smith
americatheneedy
CA99er
New_Wave_Princess
8 posters

Go down

Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo Empty Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Isn’t it nice to know that companies are planning long-term to send jobs overseas, job by job, section by section, and department by department? This slow, insidious process promises to end the jobs of millions of Americans.

Equally offensive was the use of the word “cheap labor” in their description of why most companies choose to offshore:

While finding cheap labor is still an underlying reason for choosing a particular location, companies are increasingly considering the location of the best provider in terms of geographical proximity, or “near shore.”

Rep. Lee did an interview on The Daily Rundown and she reiterated her support for extending unemployment benefits. She is a staunch advocate for the unemployed and financially vulnerable who will continue to fight for passage of H.R. 589. That battle will be difficult in a GOP controlled House, but it’s a battle worth fighting. In March, an additional 127,000 unemployed reached the 99 week mark. Those out of work for 99 weeks or more is at record levels and that trend isn’t likely t end soon. Passage of H.R. 589 would help millions of unemployed avoid financial disaster.

http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-rochester/corporations-outsourcing-millions-of-american-jobs-h-r-589-remains-limbo?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Back to top Go down

Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo Empty Re: Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:52 pm

I can only hope that people wake up and start protesting what is happening. Once it happens to THEM (and it will) they will wake up. It's all jobs unless it's a job that can't be sent overseas. It's affecting jobs we never thought could be sent overseas, even jobs like journalism (yes many newspapers are sending writing and editing jobs overseas too).

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo Empty Re: Corporations outsourcing millions of American jobs - H.R. 589 remains in limbo

Post by CA99er Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:27 pm

I actually got a COLLECTION call from an outsourced company. I was completely astounded that an unemployed American was called by that framiliar outsource voice about the car I lost to repossesion because I had nojob and had run out of benefits. The audacity of big business never ceases to amaze me.

CA99er

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:35 pm

CA99er wrote:I actually got a COLLECTION call from an outsourced company. I was completely astounded that an unemployed American was called by that framiliar outsource voice about the car I lost to repossesion because I had nojob and had run out of benefits. The audacity of big business never ceases to amaze me.

I got calls like that often. One of the most memorable was from Chase because I was late. When I told them I had no money the person told me I was too lazy to work!

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 pm

I actually love when I get overseas calls, gives me a chance to curse the sob out!!!! How's that for free therapy?? The last time I did it I turned around to a stunned room full of people-ask me if cared!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I can never understand what they are saying. I needed tech help with my phone a while ago and the service center was in India. I just gave up and figured it out on my own. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:
CA99er wrote:I actually got a COLLECTION call from an outsourced company. I was completely astounded that an unemployed American was called by that framiliar outsource voice about the car I lost to repossesion because I had nojob and had run out of benefits. The audacity of big business never ceases to amaze me.

I got calls like that often. One of the most memorable was from Chase because I was late. When I told them I had no money the person told me I was too lazy to work!

That is pretty sad considering most states have their unemployment accounts there. The states that require direct deposit use Chase Visa debit cards if the individual doesn't have a bank account. The employee you spoke with should be happy there are so many unemployed - the person gets to keep their job with all the business they get from state ue recipients.

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

I didn't know UE accounts weren't through Chase, but yep they outsource their jobs. It's disgusting how many jobs are being outsourced.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I didn't know UE accounts weren't through Chase, but yep they outsource their jobs. It's disgusting how many jobs are being outsourced.

CT just started, I know RI has been doing it for years and there are many other states that use Chase. It is pretty sad too, there are no Chase Branches around so any cash withdrawals are charged an ATM fee. Evil or Very Mad
http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/DirectBenefits/Index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I meant I didn't know many states were doing that. Unfortunately I have long ended my UE but others who do could complain about that since indirectly Chase is being given money to outsource.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 pm

americatheneedy wrote:I actually love when I get overseas calls, gives me a chance to curse the sob out!!!! How's that for free therapy?? The last time I did it I turned around to a stunned room full of people-ask me if cared!

I do this too. Especially if it's an Indian (which is usually is) then my language gets very colorful. One time the moron threatened to have me arrested and I told them to do just that because then the shameful practice of stealing our jobs would be obivious. He then hung up. However, I got his name and called back! Screw these people I will not be nice to them.

Btw, with callers from this country I am never nasty unless they are nasty.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm

The reason why they have to do this is, people like you and me want items as cheap as it gets. Or are you the one who wants to pay more?
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 am

I'd rather pay more if it means Americans have jobs.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by CA99er Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:03 am

Agent Smith wrote:The reason why they have to do this is, people like you and me want items as cheap as it gets. Or are you the one who wants to pay more?

To answer your question. I would gladly pay more if it meant I (and others like me)had a job. But, you'd think that with the record profits big US corps are reporting they could hire American workers at a decent wage AND offer fair prices as well as customer service that isn't an annoying slap in the face. But instead they pass those profits to their upper level executives who are already wealthy. All the while whining about how tough it is to do business here.
No

CA99er

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 am

**Moderated**
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1593-forum-rules-faq-and-code-of-conduct-for-all-members

CA99er wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:The reason why they have to do this is, people like you and me want items as cheap as it gets. Or are you the one who wants to pay more?

To answer your question. I would gladly pay more if it meant I (and others like me)had a job. But, you'd think that with the record profits big US corps are reporting they could hire American workers at a decent wage AND offer fair prices as well as customer service that isn't an annoying slap in the face. But instead they pass those profits to their upper level executives who are already wealthy. All the while whining about how tough it is to do business here.

No
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I'd rather pay more if it means Americans have jobs.

You are absolutely right, and I guarantee you the vast majority of us will think the same, but unfortunately we can't do much about it. The change needs to come from above. I rather have companies charge more for their products but make sure Americans and legal residents are the ones making these products instead of outsourcing overseas.

I don't want to buy Walmart crap made in Singapore, but can't afford to buy elsewhere. If they were making it here, more people will be employed and able to to buy things, which will make the sellers and their employees money so they can go and buy more American made stuff. It is a chain.

Unfortunately, the companies here need to show bigger profits so their stock goes up and they can get bigger bonuses while the stock market shows better numbers. They don't put the interest of their fellow Americans before theirs, and that's the bottom line. What made this country great was that people coming back from WWII cared about their neighbor and were conscious of what real disaster looked like. They didn't want their families and their friend's families to go thru that so they made little sacrifices for the better of the nation as a whole. Today it is dog-eat-dog and screw you I take longer vacations and my Benz is better than yours mentality, but if you actively go against that they call you a "communist pig".

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Is 589 taking the same road as Stabenow's . A just for show bill???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Is 589 taking the same road as Stabenow's . A just for show bill???

I don't think so. She is very passionate about it, especially in light of all the cuts proposed that are aimed at the poor and middle class. Say what you want about her, but she did take the time on Friday to appear on MSNBC's Morning Rundown and that was the subject she chose to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Isn't it pointless to argue about Stabenow's bill now? I get it, republicans are never wrong and democrats aren't really trying to help us.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

I wasn't expecting any action on 589 while they were away. Let's see what next week brings.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Here is another great American company spending capital overseas. After 109 years, 3M now wants to build new plants and pump money for manufacturing off shore. They did have some manuf in Japan, but now more money going out of the US

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-26/3m-boosts-forecast-as-renewable-energy-helps-top-estimates-1-.html

So sick of hearing his crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Is 589 taking the same road as Stabenow's . A just for show bill???

I highly doubt it. Rep Lee is still working hard to get this bill to the floor. She was recently on tv (I forget which show, Ratigan maybe?) during the break advocating for HR 589 and the need for more benefits. This bill is NOT a repeat of 3706. Lee is committed to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down