Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

+4
Abbie
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
tristen303
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget Empty Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 am

[He] will call for shrinking the nation’s long-term deficits by raising taxes on wealthier Americans and requiring them to pay more into Social Security, drawing a barbed contrast with a Republican plan to save money by deeply slashing Medicare, Medicaid and other domestic spending.

http://tinyurl.com/6ypwg8q

Back to top Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget Empty Re: Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by tristen303 Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 am

Needs to raise taxes on everyone even those who don't pay and cut entitlements. The US needs to operate the budget just like we are, no more excuses.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget Empty Re: Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:46 am

Raise taxes on those hurting already? I dont mean the rich either. and cut entitlements?

Please elaborate on your comment.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 pm

The case has been made on this forum that by birth if you’re an American you are owed something especially from individuals that are more successful (since they have benefited so well from being an American then have to give back), so the majority that don't pay taxes have benefited also so they must pay back their fair share instead of just receiving; the argument works both ways. We as a nation are broke and this sense that one group must constantly pay for the other while the later receives benefits must end. The Wisconsin election shows that (after claiming how this vote was a vote on Gov Walker the public supported him by how many thousand more the Unions puppet). Whether it is just $50.00 or $100.00 as Americans everybody needs to pony up no excuses.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm

SO those who are hurting the most should not be helped and we should cut those services which are a lifeline in many cases to folks, while giving tax cuts to the Wealthy to spur job creation which hasn't happened yet? I think you need to re evaluate your logic on this one.

I think there needs some sacrifices to be made in this country and not from the ones suffering already, But from those who capitalized on those disgraceful policies that brought us down this road.
You can not deny that. If you do then you are blind to the reality of what lead to this problem.
If we as a nation are going to move forward then there has to be some pain felt on the rich as well. The poor (former middle class) have suffered enough!

Shared sacrifice right? What have the rich and wealthy lost? What was their sacrifice?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 pm

tristen303 wrote:The case has been made on this forum that by birth if you’re an American you are owed something especially from individuals that are more successful (since they have benefited so well from being an American then have to give back), so the majority that don't pay taxes have benefited also so they must pay back their fair share instead of just receiving; the argument works both ways. We as a nation are broke and this sense that one group must constantly pay for the other while the later receives benefits must end. The Wisconsin election shows that (after claiming how this vote was a vote on Gov Walker the public supported him by how many thousand more the Unions puppet). Whether it is just $50.00 or $100.00 as Americans everybody needs to pony up no excuses.

Is the jackholes that raped our country and made money the corrupt way should give it back. That is about 99% of wall St and banks. Watch Inside job the movie.

Balance the budget on them not planned parenthood or foodstamps for christ sake!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 pm

tristen303 wrote:The case has been made on this forum that by birth if you’re an American you are owed something especially from individuals that are more successful (since they have benefited so well from being an American then have to give back), so the majority that don't pay taxes have benefited also so they must pay back their fair share instead of just receiving; the argument works both ways. We as a nation are broke and this sense that one group must constantly pay for the other while the later receives benefits must end. The Wisconsin election shows that (after claiming how this vote was a vote on Gov Walker the public supported him by how many thousand more the Unions puppet). Whether it is just $50.00 or $100.00 as Americans everybody needs to pony up no excuses.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1687-the-one-percenters Read ME please

PS we are NOT BROKE. Companies are hoarding cash to hold the economy up so Obama looks bad. Right now he looking bad all on his own. A double whammy!

If we are so broke why did we just spend 800 billion on rich tax breaks that create NO JOBS. We need to tax the uber rich not cut programs that will lose more jobs.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:08 am

I can't get the link to work

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:11 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:SO those who are hurting the most should not be helped and we should cut those services which are a lifeline in many cases to folks, while giving tax cuts to the Wealthy to spur job creation which hasn't happened yet? I think you need to re evaluate your logic on this one.

I think there needs some sacrifices to be made in this country and not from the ones suffering already, But from those who capitalized on those disgraceful policies that brought us down this road.
You can not deny that. If you do then you are blind to the reality of what lead to this problem.
If we as a nation are going to move forward then there has to be some pain felt on the rich as well. The poor (former middle class) have suffered enough!

Shared sacrifice right? What have the rich and wealthy lost? What was their sacrifice?

I agree the rich need to pay and more then the lower tax base but everyone needs to chip in. Before any of that happens we need to end the wasteful wars period, everything should be on the tabel even defense.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:12 am

tristen303 wrote:I can't get the link to work

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011/04/the_one-percenters.html.

Try this.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:31 am

Tristen have you contacted any reps about jobs or benefit extensions? Curious what they might have said?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 am

Yes they kicked the can stating either the canned that they would blah blah blah but that the Repubs are blocking or from the repub side that they won't address until they have a budget but are aware of the problem. So one side tells me what they did last year and who's fault it is the other side feels my pain but has more pressing issues; both pointed to better jobs numbers and tried to take credit for it. I feel like Im asking a girl out in Junior High and each of her friends is giving me a different story with the same result. I think were screwed how about you

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 am

tristen303 wrote:Yes they kicked the can stating either the canned that they would blah blah blah but that the Repubs are blocking or from the repub side that they won't address until they have a budget but are aware of the problem. So one side tells me what they did last year and who's fault it is the other side feels my pain but has more pressing issues; both pointed to better jobs numbers and tried to take credit for it. I feel like Im asking a girl out in Junior High and each of her friends is giving me a different story with the same result. I think were screwed how about you

We have one saving grace and its the people. IF and I stress IF people can unite Employed, underemployed and unemployed unite and decide they have had enough. Its tough to make a billionaire crap his pants and listen to the average person. They have cash we have numbers. Its going to come down to shear will of the people because BIGCORP is pulling the strings of our leaders.

At this point I would vote for Bert and Ernie to run for office. At least I know whos hand is up their butt.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 am

Somethings gotta give

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 am

tristen303 wrote:Somethings gotta give

Yup and I am trying to add some weight to the bridge so all hell breaks loose.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

SHTF that's what's going to happen soon....

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 am

As far as the word entitlement goes, when I look at who keeps saying the word and I apply the theory of projection, it becomes pretty clear no one feels more entitled than the politicians and the people who paid for them.

Who does anyone know who can hold automatic votes for raises, has someone else paying for their benefits and health care? No one and they feel 'entitled' to these things too. After TARP was passed in 2008, I wrote to my Congressman after his automatic raise and asked him why he felt entitled to a raise with all that was going on at the time. The reply I got was when he is re-elected that means he's doing his job and should get a raise. Well, when I look at the gerrymandering of the district between him and Turner than his justification doesn't apply because the fact is he couldn't get elected if the district wasn't gerrymandered in his favor, but he feels entitled to be re-elected and the people who pay for him feel 'entitled' to some pay back from him. So I believe there is no greater group in this country who feel 'entitled' than politicians and the people who buy them.

These same people feel 'entitled' to lie time and again that tax cuts to the top 2% create jobs when we all know the biggest % of jobs go over seas. When we complain and ask where these jobs are, we are the ones accused of feeling 'entitled' to these jobs. But the lie continues because these people want their tax cuts and loopholes they feel entitled too.

When the politicians wanted to bail out the bankers we had to pay because they all feel 'entitled' to our money whether we liked it or not. When we complain we lost our jobs we are accused by this same bunch of politicians armed with studies done by bankers they bailed out with our money, that we feel we are 'entitled' to unemployment and that we are lazy.

Now when we say enough is enough when it comes to raising the age/cutting SS/medicare we are accused of wanting 'entitlements' again. Well we all paid in whether we liked it or not and whenever the politicians want to they feel 'entitled' to change SS/medicare yet we are not supposed to feel we are 'entitled' to our own damn money.

As far as creating jobs goes if the story is going to be the top 2% create jobs with tax breaks and loopholes, we are entitled to see these jobs because that's what we are being told. If they are not creating jobs then shut up about it. When we don't see these jobs, then they are not entitled to tax breaks/loopholes etc. and if they don't like it they can go live where these jobs are and take the politicians they bought with them because enough of their 'entitlement' mentality is enough and that is what is killing this Country.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:57 am

Abbie wrote:As far as the word entitlement goes, when I look at who keeps saying the word and I apply the theory of projection, it becomes pretty clear no one feels more entitled than the politicians and the people who paid for them.

Who does anyone know who can hold automatic votes for raises, has someone else paying for their benefits and health care? No one and they feel 'entitled' to these things too. After TARP was passed in 2008, I wrote to my Congressman after his automatic raise and asked him why he felt entitled to a raise with all that was going on at the time. The reply I got was when he is re-elected that means he's doing his job and should get a raise. Well, when I look at the gerrymandering of the district between him and Turner than his justification doesn't apply because the fact is he couldn't get elected if the district wasn't gerrymandered in his favor, but he feels entitled to be re-elected and the people who pay for him feel 'entitled' to some pay back from him. So I believe there is no greater group in this country who feel 'entitled' than politicians and the people who buy them.

These same people feel 'entitled' to lie time and again that tax cuts to the top 2% create jobs when we all know the biggest % of jobs go over seas. When we complain and ask where these jobs are, we are the ones accused of feeling 'entitled' to these jobs. But the lie continues because these people want their tax cuts and loopholes they feel entitled too.

When the politicians wanted to bail out the bankers we had to pay because they all feel 'entitled' to our money whether we liked it or not. When we complain we lost our jobs we are accused by this same bunch of politicians armed with studies done by bankers they bailed out with our money, that we feel we are 'entitled' to unemployment and that we are lazy.

Now when we say enough is enough when it comes to raising the age/cutting SS/medicare we are accused of wanting 'entitlements' again. Well we all paid in whether we liked it or not and whenever the politicians want to they feel 'entitled' to change SS/medicare yet we are not supposed to feel we are 'entitled' to our own damn money.

As far as creating jobs goes if the story is going to be the top 2% create jobs with tax breaks and loopholes, we are entitled to see these jobs because that's what we are being told. If they are not creating jobs then shut up about it. When we don't see these jobs, then they are not entitled to tax breaks/loopholes etc. and if they don't like it they can go live where these jobs are and take the politicians they bought with them because enough of their 'entitlement' mentality is enough and that is what is killing this Country.

I could not of said it any better!!!! Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget 468390

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:05 pm

The Unions moved the jobs overseas by pricing labor out of the market (some jobs are just easy jobs and shouldnt be entitled to benefits at the cost of the skilled workers), had the companies not moved they would have gone BK being unable to compete thanks to them. Everyone needs to pay taxes now EVERYONE the nanny state is dead as it should be. The tax code needs to be reworked, the wars stopped, SS, Medicare, defense and all need to be cut and reworked and Obama isn't the leader to do it he needs to go (although nobody else looks any better).

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Abbie wrote:As far as the word entitlement goes, when I look at who keeps saying the word and I apply the theory of projection, it becomes pretty clear no one feels more entitled than the politicians and the people who paid for them.

Great post abbie cheers
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 pm

tristen303 wrote:The Unions moved the jobs overseas by pricing labor out of the market (some jobs are just easy jobs and shouldnt be entitled to benefits at the cost of the skilled workers), had the companies not moved they would have gone BK being unable to compete thanks to them. Everyone needs to pay taxes now EVERYONE the nanny state is dead as it should be. The tax code needs to be reworked, the wars stopped, SS, Medicare, defense and all need to be cut and reworked and Obama isn't the leader to do it he needs to go (although nobody else looks any better).

Are you watching his speech? Its not too bad, still waiting on a jobs plan though. He wants to end the Bush tax breaks. We will see cyclops
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Do not touch SS or Medicare. If cuts are to be made, cut the politicians salaries and benefits, do away with tax cuts for the rich. Stop sending jobs overseas, manufacture products in the US, create jobs...stop the wars.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
tristen303 wrote:The Unions moved the jobs overseas by pricing labor out of the market (some jobs are just easy jobs and shouldnt be entitled to benefits at the cost of the skilled workers), had the companies not moved they would have gone BK being unable to compete thanks to them. Everyone needs to pay taxes now EVERYONE the nanny state is dead as it should be. The tax code needs to be reworked, the wars stopped, SS, Medicare, defense and all need to be cut and reworked and Obama isn't the leader to do it he needs to go (although nobody else looks any better).

Are you watching his speech? Its not too bad, still waiting on a jobs plan though. He wants to end the Bush tax breaks. We will see cyclops

Well, I got what I expected from that speech and let's see if he sticks to it.

As far as raising tax rates on everyone goes, Tristen, I would be all for that. I will increase my tax bracket from !0% to !5% if the top 2% gets their tax rate increased from 31% to 70%. This would stiil be unfair to me but I would accept it for the good of my country. I respect you a lot man but sometimes your assertions are a little crazy. Americans feel entitled to too much? I think we should expect more. I think we should expect national healthcare just like all other western nations have. I don't think we get nearly enough for our money. The uber rich are not job creators. They did not create jobs through the Bush years and they have't created any jobs since we gave them their tax breaks in December. They also will not be "punished" for their success. They are billionaires now and they will still be bilionaires afterward. A billion dollars is enough. They don't have to have all of it. The bottom line is that they are not doing enough. Most of them do nothing at all to make our nation better.

How can you say that the lower classes, if you want to call them that, do nothing but expect everything? Who keeps the country running on a regular basis? Who drives the buses? Who runs the check out at target when you have to go buy something? Who loads your car up when you go to home depot? Billionaires? No, we do. People just like you and me do. We deserve more not less.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by nky101 Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:03 pm

That blow-hard can talk the longest and say absolutely NOTHING... He rambles about generalities, but never gives specifics. disgusting!!

nky101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next