Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

+33
Sarah Mindles
Sad American
jmainframe
elvis44102
stillnutty
MaryKay
need_a_break
Kathleen
Meganicus
Sammy
js123
JoanB
New_Wave_Princess
laine25
keilowkei
lstjr
kelly
Jane0218
Abbie
CLO
503Depressed
suri
unemployedandroid
sportsnut
mean2mommie
RookieCAF
mrmarti
Fuentes
nuttin2lose
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
37 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

MoInSTL wrote:Thanks all. Embarassed

I have spent it weeding and mowing my yard for the first time this year. I am going to get cleaned up and go to Denny's for the free breakfast and then watch the ball game. I hope we can win for a change!

I'd love to get outside and start cleaning my perennial garden, but I know we are going to have another frost. I can see shoots starting to come up but don't want to rake the fall debris out yet. It is good insulation against the frost. At least the trees are starting to turn green. That is a happy sight after this winter - I never thought we would see the grass again with all the snow we had!

:72201:

Back to top Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 am

Sick n Tired wrote:Happy birthday ExhaustedinCA! I hope you had a wonderful day.
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 777350

So sorry Exhausted, hope your day was a happy one!!! Forgive my lateness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 am

SS, if you are checking in, I have a new recipe for you to try. Raspberry cream cheese brownies. It's good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:28 am

It's heading to 101 for tomorrow, today only 97, whew, I may need a sweatshirt. lol.

Hoping everyone is okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Its pretty hot and humid in my neck of the woods as well. Tomorrow even hotter! How did we ever survive without air conditioning anyways?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 am

Seems like the heatwave may be breaking for some of us. Hopefully, that's the case. Weekend here was just ridiculous.

Hoping you are all well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 am

Good Morning all friends. Looks like we are in for better weather, finally. Still close to 90 by the humidity is better, thank you God.

I need to do something for my poor, front lawn which now looks like straw with dirt as a side dish. Oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

It's hot as Haiti here in fla. I'm getting used to it though. Coming Thursday but I sure wish we could stay!!! I could get used to living here real easy. Lol

Hope every one can stay cool, be safe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am

Good morning friends. Nice day here, but I think it's the last for this week. Back to the hazy, hot and humid for us.

I did get the lawn reseeded yesterday, here's hoping this time it takes. I give up after this, thatched, weeded, fed, seeded, fed, seeded again, fed seeded again. I am done. I'll call the coroner after this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I see a few people have logged on. Great to see jculp and elvis.

We have all been saying we miss seeing so many people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am

Good Morning. Sunny, but the heatwave has returned. yahoo!! Now my poor lawn really looks bad, despite the work of the last two days. It really looks like I sprayed it with peroxide. My neighbor remarked that she has never seen a lawn turn that color before. hmmm.

Stay cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:49 am

Morning all, just having a cup of tea and starting the day with you all. Heat is definitely here. Humid this morning. Sad day here in NJ and PA, two police officers being buried today, killed by drunk drivers last weekend.

Off to water the lawn. (the saga continues). Have a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

“America To Long-Term Unemployed: Drop Dead”
Not so easy to do! I’ve been hoping for that for a few years now. Oh things started to look up for a bit. I had 4 jobs 2010-2011. Three were contract through two agencies; one low paying with a distributor (lasted 4 days). Quit the latter in lieu of being fired; I just couldn’t keep up with the physical demands, but got EUC reinstated because of a data entry requirement that wasn’t well stated or tested for before hiring. Two of the three contracts I was fired for ambiguous reasons, the last after only 6 days of a 6 month contract. I gave up after that one. I would have been able to survive for a year or two on that salary and a good chance to be hired permanently - if only I could walk from A-B with out support from the walls or desk tops and sit for hours a time in uncomfortable office chairs. If I had used my doctor’s notes for my limitations I wouldn’t have gotten the job anyway. My doc even said “You know they won’t want you walking around their company with a walker.”
There have been lots of firsts for me in the last 3 years; none of them good. I’ve never quit a job except to take a better one, or been fired for “no” reason. The two times I was fired before this, they were trumped up reasons and I could have sued either employer, but I was in my 20’s and already landed better jobs. Now in my 50’s and have no recourse that involves employment. I’ve explored a LOT of options, got excited by a few (disappointed when they didn’t pan out). Suffered a stroke last November; it’s even harder to get around now. That got me thinking I should have just dropped dead, like the “powers that be” want me to. Sorry-depression talking (meds don’t help)-but that title stuck in my brain, I’ve been thinking about it for weeks…
In March I finally filed for SSDI and an early pension, the latter about $500 a month because of early disbursement. As for the former I found SSDfacts.com.; an outstanding forum about the process and support. I’ll check back here from time to time, but I no longer feel like I belong. Best of wishes and a big thanks for all your support!!!!
Kathleen
Employment dropout and no longer counted
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 21 578472
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Kathleen,
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles in life. I admire your strength and will to push on. This often times becomes an issue. After years of being beat down and robbed it can get to you. I look forward to more inspirational posts from you.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Kathleen there are some things meds just can't help with. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. That's a very tough, to say the least, situation you are in. I'm glad you are posting Among friends. I know it won't cure your problems but it helps to know there are others that understand, in my opinion. Please keep in contact if you can. Too many have dropped off the radar and we have no idea what has happened to them. I'm worried. I'm sure some may have found employment or situations may have changed and they can't post but even knowing that, we still worry!

Glad to have you have you back! Having to deal with health issues on top of unemployment is horrible. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Kathleen, you most certainly belong amongst friends. So sorry to hear of your health. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are fairing. Many of us are no longer counted, but we count on each other, it won't pay the bills, but we have a place to talk, vent and heal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi everyone. Hot, hot, hot and just as humid. I feel like the weather girl. Hoping all are well.

What's doing with everyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 am

Good morning friends. Hoping most of you survived the storms you had yesterday. We didn't get a thing. No rain, no wind and no relief, we've got one more day and then we should see some relief. We really need the rain (I won't bore you with more lawn drama, I pronounced it yesterday, it's done, T.O.D. sometime in the last month) May it rest in peace.lol

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:13 am

Good morning. Yesterday, a lot of tree branches came down. A neighbor had a tree come down onto their kitchen. The worry is about the old rotted out trees falling.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi all, yes the storms are taking their toll everywhere it seems. We kept power but Comast had a huge interruption from about 1am until about 3pm today. Our storm was mostly rain, no wind or hail but here in our area, they are really concentrating on having trees that are old and dare I say dangerously huge, trimmed to managable. Last summer we were without power on and off due to all the storms causing limb and trees falling and taking power out everywhere, blocking roads etc. It's a shame, but last year was nightmarish with all the fallen trees and limbs. Most of this area was woodlands or orchards at one time so many of the trees still here are huge. I hate to see them taken down completely, but the damage last year to homes and roads was incredible and it was all summer. I suppose a wet summer following two hellishly snowy winters just made so many of them weak and they fell (all at the same time).

Hopefully, everyone is safe and well and we'll get to enjoy at least a day or two of relief before we head back to Heatwave #6,7 or 8??? I lost track lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 pm

need a break, is you neighbor and family all ok? Hoping so.

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks, Mary Kay. Everyone is well and I hope all are well with you and your love ones.

One of the trees, that I had taken a picture of the day before for possible insurance purposes, came down the next day and just bearly missed the house.

I am hearing people call our past storms, Treemageodon (sp?).

Y'all, I had the tiniest victory in the rage against the machines. I was in my CVS drug store. When you are in line there is always someone there trying to shuttle you off to the self check out machine. But I told that person in my nicest voice that I like to interact with a human, please. I noticed other people then followed suit. And I gave the cashier a nice greeting and she gave me one back. You can't get that from a machine.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:40 am

Good for you need a break. My cousin is a staunch non supporter of the self check out, almost vigilant about it. I didn't give them much thought until he and I had a really detailed discussion about it. He has alot of research on it and I am going to see him today and ask if he'll give it to me. It entails so much, human interaction and the lack of it goes in depth. It surprised me to see the studies done and the outcomes. Hopefully he still has this so I can post for you.

His grandson's, my great-nephew's 1st B-Day party today.

Have a good one all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 am

Good Morning all Friends. Hope everyone had a decent weekend. Weather was great here, taking a dive today though, 90's, humid and severe thunderstorms predicted again.

Hoping all have a great day. Taking my sister for a small procedure today, be back tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

"Good for you need a break. My cousin is a staunch non supporter of the self check out, almost vigilant about it. I didn't give them much thought until he and I had a really detailed discussion about it. He has alot of research on it and I am going to see him today and ask if he'll give it to me. It entails so much, human interaction and the lack of it goes in depth. It surprised me to see the studies done and the outcomes. Hopefully he still has this so I can post for you."

I like to see that Mary Kay.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 pm

I asked him to email it to me, he said he would.

Meanwhile, what's this, like day 100 of the heatwave. They have been predicting storms for the last three days, only one so far. We need rain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next