Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again

4 posters

Go down

If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again Empty If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Please, please everyone check your states law on EB. I thought I would be getting EB through the end of July and possibly HUB. I was shocked when I read an article saying if PA did not change its laws to a three-year look back, 46,000 people would lose EB by May 20th and another 90,000 after that. Pennsylvanians must fight this. Most state are on a two-year look back, but unemployment (I say this with foot in mouth) has declined so now it is any ones guess whether you will receive EB. You must check with your Department of Labor and Industry to see if they will adopting a 3-year look back and if they are not, you must MARCH ON YOUR CAPITOL. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, IT WILL AFFECT EVERYONE ON UNEMPLOYMENT.

Please look back on a post I wrote today entitled "Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20". This could be you next. Don't wait.

Thanks for listening and please report your findings.

Dazed&Confused

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again Empty Re: If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Extended Unemployment Insurance Stopping Short In Several States

Extended unemployment insurance benefits for the long-term jobless are set to expire this month in North Carolina, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Tennessee, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.

In Missouri, a Republican state senator who filibustered a bill that would maintain the state's eligibility for EB relented on Tuesday, deciding to focus his anti-spending efforts on federal stimulus measures instead of federal unemployment benefits.

The National Employment Law Project expects Alaska, Alabama, Kentucky, and Virginia to trigger off EB benefits after the Labor Department releases state unemployment rates later this month.

California, Colorado, and Michigan have changed their laws to maintain eligibility for the benefits, according to the Labor Department. (Though Michigan curtailed future state benefits at the same time it changed its EB trigger.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/06/extendend-unemployment-in_n_845096.html

Thank you for bringing this up. I will create a new thread with this information so it doesn't get missed. Let's pray that something happens with HR 589 within the next two weeks so everyone who has exhausted their Federal tiers will have at least 14 more weeks of this safety net.

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again Empty Re: If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Thank you DesperateInRI. We need to work on both, but remember if EB goes by the wayside, it can go to Tier 1 14 weeks, that will help.

Double Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffg2011 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 pm

what is HUB? another tier?

tiffg2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 pm

tiffg2011 wrote:what is HUB? another tier?

No, it is the states Extended Benefits program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm

tiffg2011 wrote:what is HUB? another tier?"

DesperateInRI (can I just call you babe?) is correct it is not a tier. Here is what HUB is and some information about it, not sure all is correct though.

HUB is High Unemployment Benefits consisting of 7 additional weeks and comes after your 13 weeks of Extended Benefits. You must have a 8% unemployment rate and it must be 110% of your current unemployment rate, with a look back of 2 years and your state must trigger it ON. Since unemployment is going down (lol) you state can adopt a 3-year look back, but don't bet on it. This is all very confusing right now. But even if you are on Tier 1, Tier 3 comes fast so don't wait to check your state.

Dazed as ever.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:05 am

Dazed&Confused wrote:Please, please everyone check your states law on EB. I thought I would be getting EB through the end of July and possibly HUB. I was shocked when I read an article saying if PA did not change its laws to a three-year look back, 46,000 people would lose EB by May 20th and another 90,000 after that. Pennsylvanians must fight this. Most state are on a two-year look back, but unemployment (I say this with foot in mouth) has declined so now it is any ones guess whether you will receive EB. You must check with your Department of Labor and Industry to see if they will adopting a 3-year look back and if they are not, you must MARCH ON YOUR CAPITOL. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, IT WILL AFFECT EVERYONE ON UNEMPLOYMENT.

Please look back on a post I wrote today entitled "Pennsylvania will likely lose EB by May 20". This could be you next. Don't wait.

Thanks for listening and please report your findings.

Dazed&Confused

I've heard that Senator Christine Tartaglione will introduce a bill to adopt the 3-year look back. I saw this on the DAWU forum, someone had called her office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:35 am

Hey aloneinpa, joanb called the Senators office (on a thread from yesterday) and she was advised they are working on it. Glad to see you.

If you think you will be receiving EB in your state, guess again 895764

Confused&Dazed (is that backwards, lol)
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:21 pm

So I have just called the Senators office in Philadelphia.The young woman told me to call Amanda in Harrisburg since everyone who would know anything was out to lunch. I called Amanda in Harrisburg and she put me through to speak with Sherry in Harrisburg (717) 787-1141. I explained I wanted to know if the Senator was working on legislation to get Extended Benefits based on a three-year look back. She told me yes they were working on it, they would then have to get some supporters of the bill, it would then get a print #. After that they would vote on it and if they get enough votes, and I think they will if we write/fax/email every PA legislator we can, it will pass and go to the Governor for his signature in short order.. That was right out of the Harrisburg office. So lets get moving on the legislators, names and email, phone #'s. I am so tired, I have to get some sleep now.
Told the young woman Sherry from the Senators Harrisburg office that she would probably be getting some phone calls so start calling. Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

I think you mean HUP, (High Unemployment Period)

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

4got10 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

I think you mean HUP, (High Unemployment Period)

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down