Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Why is unemployment still so high? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Why is unemployment still so high?

3 posters

Go down

Why is unemployment still so high? Empty Re: Why is unemployment still so high?

Post by Crazycal Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 am

Easy answer. The country does not make anything anymore for the most art and is broke. Its pretty sad when the U.S. has to borrow money just for the interest on its debt.

Crazycal

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

"So be it!" The "Tan Man" has said.

If we make it then there will be work.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi TR11005,

Very glad to see you here at UFF2 - a work in progress : -)

It is my hope that UFF2 can become a haven for the *serious* job-hunter - a place where people will come to seek and share best-practices for the gamut of sub-topics directly related to the job-hunt. In furtherance of this goal, I am considering posting a number of my relevant letters from UFF1 here (this coming Saturday). . . .

I will also introduce a couple of sub-topics I consider may have broad-based interest:

"Finding the Hidden Jobs," and "The relative worth of Networking Groups."

I hope to see more of you, and also more of my Brothers and Sisters of UFF 1.0, as we pool our wits to collaborate on building UFF2 into a pre-eminent nuts-and-bolts job-searching Forum!

WW

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 am

Unemployment remains high and will not go down because the Republican's agenda is to make Obama look bad and lose the election next year. They could care less about us, the middle class, or the poor. Just look at what is happening in Wisconsin. It's been peaceful so far but at any time it could get ugly as well as in other states. It's only just begun...
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:45 am

I agree, by Tuesday things might get nasty in many places. The trash they are doing on FOX is terrible. I thought I would listen in tonight. Peoples emotions on either side could explode. FOX is really working people up, since the Tea Party members are being out numbered.

The Republicans want to put us all back to 1932, before FDR. This is their agenda. What our great grandparents and grandparents fought and won the Tea Party wants to rob. Many in the Tea Party are being brainwashed and misled. They said it could not happen here, but TPers don't think for themselves. If they would listen to themselves you would think it is how Hitler came to power. That is my opinion. I am not calling any names, just pointing out my observation. I wished I was wrong. Please tell me I am wrong.

The Unemployment Rate can't come down until they stop the cheap imports and outsourcing. The Republican budget is doing away with protecting the border, so now it will be more immigrants from Mexico and other places. They want the rate to stay high, because that is how they lost in 1992. Then lost in 1996 when it was down. I am not for bashing anyone.

If your a Tea Party person please keep this civil.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by cousinsal Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I think the reason that unemployment stays high is because the corporations want their profits, and so they won't hire people. They would rather use the people they have, give them more work to do, but not pay them more.
It is not profitable to hire people - personnel is a big expense.
Look how they are sending jobs elsewhere because they can pay so much less for workers.
None of these corporations have what they used to call "good corporate citizenship". They couldn't give a rat's ass what happens to the American people, their fellow citizens.

cousinsal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down