Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market

5 posters

Go down

How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  Empty How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:46 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/25/how-missing-workers-are-d_n_840570.html

Home sales are being dragged down by the weakness of the labor market and the number of Americans who have grown too discouraged to look for work, economists say. In previous recoveries, the housing market has sometimes buoyed the economy, creating new jobs and driving economic growth. This time, however, the housing market is now lagging behind.

Well I'LL be a monkeys uncle.  How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  318754
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  Empty Re: How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Yeah, those di!@#$%&! in DC sure GOT they priorities straight, don't they?  How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  318754 G BLeep all those baboons!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  Empty Re: How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:13 pm

• Those not in the labor force are not looking
• Those unemployed are not looking
• Those afraid of losing their job are not looking
• Those in a house and underwater are not looking
• Those just out of school and deep in school debt are not looking
• Those facing retirement may be looking to sell or downsize
• Mortgage standards are much tighter for those who are looking

All BS!! This like looking for a winning lotto ticket or actually FINDING bigFOOT.

How can YOU LOOK for something that isn't there, regardless of what the ELITES say.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Yup, even when I do get a job I will not buy a house in fear of loosing a job again. Once bitten twice shy.

My credit took a hit so even if I wanted to buy a house it would be hard to get a loan. Plus I do not want to make bankers rich with all that interest.

Rather rent a house for $1500 a month than pay $2800 for a mortgage and taxes a month.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 pm

troycomic wrote:Yup, even when I do get a job I will not buy a house in fear of loosing a job again. Once bitten twice shy.

My credit took a hit so even if I wanted to buy a house it would be hard to get a loan. Plus I do not want to make bankers rich with all that interest.

Rather rent a house for $1500 a month than pay $2800 for a mortgage and taxes a month.

Thats ONLY if you can GET a job that pays thats much. $1500 in some places is someones whole months pay, OR LESS.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Isnt that the truth. Ive lost moy condo filed BK etc, and now am renting a condo of same value as what I owned for almost 1/2, after condo fees mortgage taxes maintenance are considered.

Now I'm faced with moving back with good ole Mom in the next month or so....
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuwanda Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Im sorry to hear that JIM. I guess at least be happy you have a place to go to. I'm also living with family so I know how you must be feeling. Honestly though, in a lot of ways its helped too. Thank god it was an option.
Nuwanda
Nuwanda

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 pm

How Unemployment Is Dragging Down The Housing Market  758924
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Lost mine last year Jim, it was tough, but at least I didn't have to sweat the monthly payment. It would just have gone into foreclosure by Sept. I became a 99er in May, so I would have had the decision made for me. Took a loss and it hurt, but it was one less weight on my shoulders, as silly as it sounds. I just couldn't look to the future and keep on with the what if's, because look where we are today, in June I will be a 99er for 1 year. I never would have thought this would have happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Sad

I hate hearing about these stories... Ugh..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down