Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts

+5
Sunrise
New_Wave_Princess
lendmeflight2
americatheneedy
gettheminNOVEMBER
9 posters

Go down

Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts Empty Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

Welfare reform, including cutting funds for food stamps, could be in the mix for the Republicans’ 2012 budget proposal. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the chairman of the conservative Republican Study Committee (RSC), introduced the idea in the Welfare Reform Act last week. Jordan told The Hill on Tuesday that he plans to talk to Ryan next week, when Congress returns from its recess, about including the RSC proposals in next year’s budget. He stressed that while the bill is meant to cut the deficit, it is also meant to improve the lives of the poor by helping them transition to employment
Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts Supple11

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/151357-food-stamps-could-be-in-mix-for-gop-2012-spending-cuts

This proposed cut will help us transition into employment? When are they going to realize that until they address Job Creation and ending discrimination in the workforce against the unemployed there will be NO transition into employment. Fifteen million unemployed Americans who are still receiving unemployment insurance, and millions more who are no longer counted because they have exhausted all their benefits, and only three million jobs! Starving us is not going to create jobs. When considering cuts to reduce the deficit, they are putting the cart before the horse - Get your priorities straight, Congress!

mad

Back to top Go down

Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts Empty Re: Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 am

It is really up to us. Thanks for posting Desperate. Every cut this people want to make comes with a sound bite containing the phrase "help to create jobs".

Get your voices heard. Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts 34243

Back to top Go down

Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts Empty Re: Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 am

The people need to demand the tax breaks for the rich be ended! Bunch of jackholes with crap for hearts and puke for brains!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 pm

More like meant to transition the unwanted unemployed to the grave!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Here in NC they are trying to end the earned income credit. With the new republican revolution this will probably pass. Who needs to give tax credits to poor people with kids right?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

We all need to die according to both parties.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I will never understand why the poor and working people tend to vote republican. I can't figured out why they vote against their best interests. I think a lot of people don't really know much about politics and are very confused. They have no idea who to vote for so they just vote for the republicans that are going to make their lives harder and the rich's lives easier because of non issues like gay marriage and abortion and mosques NYC.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I will never understand why the poor and working people tend to vote republican. I can't figured out why they vote against their best interests. I think a lot of people don't really know much about politics and are very confused. They have no idea who to vote for so they just vote for the republicans that are going to make their lives harder and the rich's lives easier because of non issues like gay marriage and abortion and mosques NYC.

I think it comes down to gun control and religion. I never have understood this premise of small government - when government can tell me what not to do with my body that is not small.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by LeannaAndPerry Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 pm

About the earned income credit posted by lendmeflight2.... Just brought back a memory of a recent conversation by me and my mother. She told me when she was raising kids there wasn't even earned income credit. And I said dang, wow. Wonder when it actually started. She couldn't recall. I think if my parents made it without it and had three kids we could make it without it too. Although my kids are grown and moved on. I enjoyed the EIC. I just wonder when it all started. And if it helped to cut budgets since at one time there wasn't earned income. I would rather give up EIC than foodstamp cuts any day.

Wasn't trying to change the subject. Only say I'd be willing to negotiate budget cuts on EIC versus Foodstamps. But who are we to say.

LeannaAndPerry
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Don't worry about it, Senate Democrats will never allow this to be passed. Cutting spending for the food stamp program will be a severe impact on the lives of every American and it will result in the LOSS of jobs, not transition to employment.

The food stamp program pumps billions of dollars into the economies of every state and any cut in that program would hit retailers significantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

kemcha wrote:Don't worry about it, Senate Democrats will never allow this to be passed. Cutting spending for the food stamp program will be a severe impact on the lives of every American and it will result in the LOSS of jobs, not transition to employment.

The food stamp program pumps billions of dollars into the economies of every state and any cut in that program would hit retailers significantly.

Even knowing that they still put it out there. I think they are messing around with the budget in an attempt to defund the healthcare bill somehow.

They have their noses so far in the air if clouds could fart they could smell it. Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts 552349450
We are all just peasants to them.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

With the food prices are the way they are, I'm not sure they could cut it very much more. It's tough to live on $200 a month for food. I do it, but it gets tough. Mrs. Obama keeps preaching healthy eating and we are way too obese.

Well when you only get $200 a month fresh veggies are WAY expensive and go bad really fast. It's no wonder why we are fat. We are poor and can't afford to eat right. Since I have been without work, I have gained so much weight. Noodles and beans put the weight on fast.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm

superstevies wrote:With the food prices are the way they are, I'm not sure they could cut it very much more. It's tough to live on $200 a month for food. I do it, but it gets tough. Mrs. Obama keeps preaching healthy eating and we are way too obese.

Well when you only get $200 a month fresh veggies are WAY expensive and go bad really fast. It's no wonder why we are fat. We are poor and can't afford to eat right. Since I have been without work, I have gained so much weight. Noodles and beans put the weight on fast.

I have found that $200 goes a lot further if I take the time and plan meals for the week. I plan most of my meals by what is on sale and what meats are marked-down . Marked-down meat can be used the same day or frozen. Marked-down yogurt and Organic milk keeps way past a week.

I too have gained weight but I blame that more on inactivity than anything else.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by rainer123 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm

If HR589 gets passed then there will be quite a savings in food stamps. If you are receiving UI then you most likely would not be eligble for food stamps

rainer123

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 pm

I found this interesting article about the increase of food stamps by end of the year. How can the republicans think about cut spending in this program.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/usda-405-million-food-stamps-expected

Food stamps could be in mix for Republicans' 2012 spending cuts 959169
js123
js123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down