Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts

2 posters

Go down

GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts Empty GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 am

General Motors has suspended production at a facility in Louisiana due to a shortage of parts stemming from the natural disaster in Japan, the automaker said Thursday. The Shreveport Assembly plant, where GM makes the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, will be closed for the week of March 21, according to a statement.
A GM spokesman said the automaker hopes to resume normal operations soon, but could not say when. "We're really evaluating the situation day by day," he said.

For all those who say, "Who cares about Japan, they can rebuild", this is one example of how the disaster there will affect the American economy and workers.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/17/autos/gm_suspends_production_japan_supply_shortage/index.htm

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts Empty Re: GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts

Post by cps70 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 am

Also this is a strategic move by GM to shift more focus on the more popular Silverado. That's what was said on my local news station anyway.

cps70

Back to top Go down

GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts Empty Re: GM to shut plant amid shortage of Japanese parts

Post by Judi58 Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Having worked for a company in Japan.. their history was a silk factory until
WWII then they became a bomb factory after the war they started making electronic components... they are down with no production out of Japan for now but they will rebuild. I dont work there anymore but keep in touch with those that do. BUT they are a sole source for some Sony playstation parts and some Panasonic TV parts Honda and many other companies that have plant or production in the US YES this does effect us here but I also care about the people that are in a place I cant even believe... They will rebuild in the mean time the world will be effective. The job market in the US has to be hit hard yet again.. I care yes but I also have to think about america and the unemployment that was here before and will become worse now. It does not mean I am heartless just real..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

This was only a matter of time. They're already estimating it could take weeks before the Japanese get the problem regarding the leaking radiation under control.

It's already been estimated that it could take more than a month before production on their automotive industry could ramp back up. In the meantime, expect the economy to suffer as workers are laid off, plants are shut down and the economy starts to shift downward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down