Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response

+2
jmainframe
MoInSTL
6 posters

Go down

JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response Empty JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response

Post by MoInSTL Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Short article with an interesting spin from this regular column in the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/job-watch/article_9b76e78b-8edc-5702-8ec0-ff435aa3562f.html
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response Empty Re: JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm

No response at all is extremely frustrating. It would be nice to get ANY response from them. It would be especially nice if they were kind enough to let us know WHY they think we dont qualify for a position. Maybe it would help to know so we can correct it for future job searches.

Back to top Go down

JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response Empty Re: JobWatch: Unemployed seek courtesy of response

Post by jmainframe Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 pm

It's just very rude and disrespectful. But what do you expect. These are the types of people who managed to hang on to their jobs!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain Droppings Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I know this is frustrating, but no response is the norm, even in good times. That's been my experience, and is confirmed by recruiter friends. Dust yourself off, keep plugging away, this is a numbers game.

Basketball
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Brain Droppings wrote:I know this is frustrating, but no response is the norm, even in good times. That's been my experience, and is confirmed by recruiter friends. Dust yourself off, keep plugging away, this is a numbers game.

Basketball

My experience, in good times has been although I didn't get responses every time, I definately got enough responses to make me feel they know I exist and that they know I'm looking. I remember on a couple of occasions recruiters forwarding my resume to one of their collegues who were working on a position that may be a better fit than the one I was applying for. But that's just me.

Also, in this job market even the most optimistic people are having trouble staying positive trying to find their next job.

Oh, I have gotten some responses. They went something like, "This job is no longer being posted on our site". And the job posting was 1 day old!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Over the past few months, i've had inside help from friends offering me insight on how to land the job. Not like i'm doing astrophysics, but i've been doing retail for almost 20 years. I've applied for jobs that i'm definitely over qualified for. But i need the income and the hours.
Only to get some odd automated/ non-human response in an email. No phone call whatsoever. Or like jmainframe pointed out, the job posting gets yanked a day later. I've seen mirages last longer.
unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 am

I've gotten some interesting rejection letters, including one that was mailed via snail mail. Lately the rejection notes are going something like: "We have reviewed the qualifications of all candidates for this position; and while your experience and accomplishments are impressive, unfortunately, the qualifications of other candidates more closely match the specific needs of this position."

Impressive!! Snort....if it was that impressive, then why didn't you hire me????

Baffle jobseekers with faint praise, I guess.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:52 am

What that says is, we chose someone else who would not want as much money. Even though they never discussed salary with you.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:46 am

Yeah, and I knew upfront because the amount was posted. Any excuse is a good excuse to lock out the unemployed. Neutral
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum