Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth

3 posters

Go down

15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  Empty 15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth

Post by WPA Today Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

If you get some free time, check out my recent blog post: "15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth Become Part Of The Greatest Generation."

http://nddaily.blogspot.com/

And, if you do get a chance to read it, remember that much of the work you see was performed by unemployed people hired into New Deal programs; proving, once again, that the unemployed are not "lazy," or "takers," but merely people who our current government, and our current "job creators," have turned their backs on.

--Brent www.wpatoday.org wpatoday@gmail.com

WPA Today

Back to top Go down

15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  Empty Re: 15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth

Post by USA Citizen Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Brent - There are now millions of jobs being done by illegal aliens that could be done by the nation's youth and unemployed, but at the moment the Mexican cartels have a choke hold on America's farmers. As a kid out of high school I got a job picking apples for a local farmer who had illegal alien farm workers doing the work. Unfortunately for me and the farmer, the workers didn't want competition and harassed me by grabbing my ladder and trying to make me fall off, which could have meant death from 15 feet or more. I was able to pick my quota of apples and the farmer was satisfied with my work. However, the next day he came to my place and told me that the illegals told him that they saw me taking his tall ladders and doing sabotage to the irrigation system. He looked around my place and couldn't find the missing ladders but told me that he had to let me go because he couldn't afford to lose any more ladders. However, I told him when I was walking home I saw the same workers with a ladder on their vehicle speeding away.

Perhaps something like the National Youth Administration or some similar organization could be formed to help protect young American farm workers from the criminals that now do the farm work. For hundreds of years Americans did their own farm work on family farms, but agribusiness has brought in millions of criminals to take the jobs of Americans and now wants to make these criminals into citizens after five of years work - at which time they can take any job from an American citizen. If agricultural work paid a decent wage then millions of Americans would do that type of work.

Even a lot of construction work at schools and colleges is done by illegal aliens who get in with low bid contractors. I have personally been denied work by companies that pay their illegal workers under the table to avoid taxes, benefits, workplace safety, and decent wages. A new WPA would have to start by finding what work could be done by American citizens and then use legal means to remove the criminal element that now dominates some industries such as agriculture and construction.

Lawmakers question fast track for farm workers in immigration bill, as tempers flare

"There are an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. And as many as 70 percent of U.S. agricultural workers are in the country illegally."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/22/immigration-debate-focuses-on-fast-track-for-farm-workers-still-charged-by/
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth  Empty Re: 15 Ways The New Deal Helped America's Youth

Post by elvis44102 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm

sounds like you had a bad experience, Its hard to believe that many illegal workers exist, especially from Fox news....

It is the business owners who need to be fined for hireing undocumented workers, they benefit the most
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by WPA Today Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 am

Dear USA Citizen:

Thanks for your comment. While I think you may have a legitimate concern, I think you're directing your complaint too much towards the migrant workers. You wrote, "but agribusiness has brought in millions of criminals to take the jobs of Americans and now wants to make these criminals into citizens after five of years work."

Migrant workers are poor--why attack them and call them criminals? Why not direct your complaint more forcefully towards the companies and individuals who hire them? They're the ones with the power, the money, and the influence to get politicians and law enforcement to look the other way.

--Brent

WPA Today

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down