Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts

4 posters

Go down

Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  Empty Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts

Post by DesperateInRI Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Sen. Mitch McConnell has returned from Christmas, and is threatening to kill unemployment insurance for 2 million Americans unless he gets spending cuts.

McConnell’s demand has little to do with the deficit, and everything to do with ideology. Republicans view unemployment benefits as the cause of unemployment. People like McConnell believe that unemployment insurance takes away the incentive to work by making the unemployed lazy and dependent on government. (These people have obviously never tried to subsist on an unemployment check.)

Republicans believe that the unemployed would all run out and get jobs tomorrow if their earned benefit was taken away. It doesn’t matter to them that there beloved job creators long ago decided to increase their profits by not hiring, which means that there are more people looking for work than there are jobs available.

Sen. McConnell is trying to leverage the president’s concern for the unemployed into cuts for programs like food stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid.
http://www.politicususa.com/mitch-mcconnell-threatens-kill-unemployment-benefits-2-million-spending-cuts.html

no mad

No Way! Fax, email, tweet Congress and the President! NO CUTS TO SNAP, MEDICARE OR MEDICAID! That is all the 99er's have!!!!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  Empty Re: Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts

Post by 503Depressed Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Some don't even have those anymore.....this will also impact the Disabled, Seniors...and other formily protected classes of people....
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  Empty Re: Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts

Post by firstcoyote Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:11 pm

I have to believe there is a special room in Hell for the likes of Boehner, Ryan, and McConnell. I hope Satan's keeping it hot for them.
firstcoyote
firstcoyote

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 pm

You forgot one of the worst! Eric Cantor! Wouldn't be surprised to see him as Speaker of the House for the next session of Congress. Very, very SCARY!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Mitch McConnell Threatens to Kill Unemployment Benefits for 2 Million Unless He Gets Spending Cuts  Mitchm10[i
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 pm

LMAO
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by firstcoyote Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh, God, my eyes!

Yeah, I did forget Cantor. He needs to be dumped into the middle of Joplin, Missouri so he can explain to those folks how everything MUST be paid for. Bet he'd scream like a baby and he wouldn't last ten minutes.

Cantor has been undermining Boehner for the last three or four years. He's probably jumping up and down for joy because Orange Glow's fiscal cliff Plan B crashed and burned. Yeah, I could definitely see that lousy pissant as Speaker of the House. I used to joke that Charlie Sheen could be Speaker, and at one time the Tea Party suggested Sheen run for the job too. They may have been joking, but ol' Charlie's looking pretty damn good right now.

Last edited by firstcoyote on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to add my admiration for Eric Cantor...never mind. I'm surprised I could even type that lie w/o errors.)
firstcoyote
firstcoyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum