Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate

+2
Jobless_in_Ma
DesperateInRI
6 posters

Go down

Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate Empty Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 pm

And unfortunately that is what we need: jobs in a big hurry. Hope you like unemployment at 7.8 percent, because that is what the rate will be until next June, according to a new Wall Street Journal poll of economists. That is too high, leaving people suffering for too long, and nobody is really proposing to do anything about it. Biden at least mentioned the American Jobs Act last night, the first time that year-old stimulus plan, left to rot in an obstructionist Congress, has been mentioned during this campaign, that I can tell. But no one suggested extending the expiring payroll-tax cut, an arguably easier bill to pass. Once again, the jobless were an afterthought in an election that is supposedly all about the economy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/seven-and-a-half-things-you-need-to-know_n_1959491.html?utm_hp_ref=unemployment
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate Empty Re: Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Paul Ryan stated last night that the economy is headed downward, things aren't good in his and Biden's hometowns. At last someone said it!! What I don't understand is why Ryan's party has blocked all unemployment extension and jobs bills, while his own budget CUTS benefits that the long term unemployed need to live on! Food, medical, energy, housing, educational assistance, etc!! I JUST DON'T GET IT!

DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm

I hear ya DIRI. It makes no sense. Obviously, they were down playing this. Now it's election time so let's exploit ut to the general public yet do NOTHING to help!

If Americans vote republican in November than in some sense the Mayans were correct. The world as we know it will Change!

Hold on to your hats it's going to be a tough ride.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 am

What a thing to say as an administrator. You believe that the pseudoscience of Mayans suddenly should be mentioned within the intent and substance of this forum?

I'm lost!

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

mackylebourne wrote:What a thing to say as an administrator. You believe that the pseudoscience of Mayans suddenly should be mentioned within the intent and substance of this forum?

I'm lost!

macky

I'm sure she meant it as a joke...but it sure makes a lot of sense to me....Observing the world as it is now...we aren't too far from seeing civilization become non-existent in the form we once were...caring, concerned, compassionate, conscientious individuals - where is that today. While we may continue to exist, it's not in the form I will enjoy.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Sadly, I agree, Marilyn. As we get closer to the election, I realize how cold hearted people can be. Very scary.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Okay, I don't understand this other than I think we're stretching our imaginations a bit far. Laughing

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 pm

mackylebourne wrote:Okay, I don't understand this other than I think we're stretching our imaginations a bit far. Laughing

macky

lol...Apparently you're not as old as some of us, and have not observed us humans corrupting ourselves over the years. The electronic age, woman's lib, the "me" generation, has played a big part in siphoning out the sensitive side that we once had. I used to laugh when my own mother would say "what has this world come to!". Progress happens to every generation, but it's not always a good thing because in the midst of progress we loose something important along the way. In this generation, we seem to have lost one of the most important characteristics that make us the people that we are supposed to be ....HEART!

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Friendly lol back at you!

I'm 26 years old, have a PhD in computer science (D.C.Sc.), and understand the consequences that the insensitivity of the "electronic age" has brought about.

I try to promote positive changes in ones life, including furthering education and not lamenting about "I used to be a high level pubba manager, etc.". Times have changed, for sure.

I am a caring individual and my heart is in the right place for everyone here. I don't need to be on the near side of a rocking chair to understand the past and present. I'm just hoping to rejuvenate others to "light their fire" for the near future.

I am currently living with a 58 year old youngster who thrills me to bits, we connect like I could not ever imagine, and he does indeed light my fire!

However welcome to the Mayan tribe (in reference to past posts). You'll be thrilled with the ancient rituals!

BTW we wouldn't be able to discuss the "world" if you were typing on a tree log Very Happy

Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate Bs0110

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

There will be a change. We need to envelope what worked in the past with what we know now.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Change is good if we understand what change we want. We will lose this beautiful Democratic experiment if we don't act.

http://nymag.com/news/politics/elections-2012/obama-romney-economic-plans-2012-10/

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 pm

We need to rebuild our communities. Our villages. Then we will be a true global community for all of us. Not only those that can afford it.

http://shine.yahoo.com/secrets-to-your-success-20120120/top-10-workplace-advantages-being-woman-135500879.html

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 pm

need_a_break wrote:We need to rebuild our communities. Our villages. Then we will be a true global community for all of us. Not only those that can afford it.

Well I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen....lol

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm

need_a_break wrote:There will be a change. We need to envelope what worked in the past with what we know now.

Taking time in our lives for one another....reaching out a helping hand to one another even if its helping those we prefer not to help,caring for one another, not just long enough to say "how are you?", everyone getting along, greed being non-existent, my list is long...I don't think I will be here long enough to see this present world grasping all this. Most adults, in most cases, both parents, are trying to earn a living and don't have time for all this nonsense.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:01 pm

mackylebourne wrote:Friendly lol back at you!

I'm just hoping to rejuvenate others to "light their fire" for the near future.

I am currently living with a 58 year old youngster who thrills me to bits, we connect like I could not ever imagine, and he does indeed light my fire!

[macky

Sweetie, I am so worn out, and worn down, no hope, no energy, that its going to take a bonfire to rejuvenate me. And I am glad he lights your fire...maybe that's what I'm missing...lolol

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:05 pm

I understand, MarilynL. I really do.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm

mackylebourne wrote:I understand, MarilynL. I really do.

macky

Jobless Lose Yet Another Debate 769716

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Not that I would even imagine they would, but as has been the case for over 2 years not a mention of the REAL LTU. The ones that have been without UI for over 2 1/2 years, have lost their homes, credit, and cars. Who have passed away, are in shelters, or on the streets, or the so called LUCKY ones, who are existing thanks to relatives supporting them.

Neither party, or our so called fellow Americans who have not gone through this, even give us a thought any more.

I will be voting, for the Party that I pray that will not take the few Social programs that I qualify for to exist away. You know, the ones the other party calls entitlements, and will gut as much from as they can.

I find it more than a bit ironic, that November 6th, besides Election day, will be 5 years to the day that I lost my job. I ve managed to survive, if one can call it that, at 57 years old now, by doing seasonal work, lawns, leaves, and snow removal for some relatives and neighbors, among other odd jobs.

Am I bitter ? You bet your arse I am.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 pm

stillnutty wrote:
Neither party, or our so called fellow Americans who have not gone through this, even give us a thought any more.

Am I bitter ? You bet your arse I am.

Yup, I can relate...Those who used to call an ask me about my job hunting, no longer ask...my mother at 92, doesn't even realize that I'm still not working, and my only sibling forgot what my telephone number is, and only e-mails me now when she wants me for something.
The place I used to volunteer at, that actually helped the unemployed, have never asked me if I needed something...I guess I have to actually beg for the help directly even though I was right under their noses. I often thought that if I have to go homeless, I wouldn't even tell anyone...then when they did find out, I would lavish in the joy of their guilt for not trying to do more..even a phone call lifts someone spirit.

Bitter??? You better believe I am...but you can add anger to that!

Even better, I listen to Romney last night, and one thing he did say that made me laugh...he mentioned his church and how he was the pastor at one time, and how his congregation helped those out of work to find jobs, and they took care of one another....That's when I realized I was in the wrong religion....Catholic don't help any of their members unless they are begging at their door, even though they know the ones who are struggling financially.
And to think that I volunteered for them for 15 years.

Again...bitter??? HAHA! That's a very small word for me right now...there are many others that I could use right now.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 pm

the "solution to the economy" has been known for years....

pump money into the economy with "stimulus funds" government created jobs are REAL an help circulate money....yes we even know that $1.61 is generated for every dollar that gets pumped into unemployment benefits..

this is not idle speculation we have plenty of data collected since the big crash of 1929....

world wide all governments seem to slide into some "debt catastrophe" mode....and actually DECREASE government expenditure...

this is done because nearly all lawmakers are clueless as to how national economies actually work...

while both parties are guilty one side particularly stands out..

This is the high morally minded people who don't want to encourage sloth....

these are the same people who have fought a "war on drugs" for a century based upon religious values...

the war on drugs has made NO dent in drug availability and simply escalated the social cost drastically despite volumes of data to support the ending of this prohibition they persist....

i do not wish to change the topic, but it is this same "mindset" that calls people lazy and such...the very same people divide and categorize people

i quit drinking 15 years ago, and i was told to accept life on life's terms...

one of the first sober thoughts i had was....gee i was right the world is full of "dumbbells"....muddling through a morass of moronicy...to paraphrase Spiro Agnew...yet another republican crook....

we are taught a whole systems of beliefs from grade school upwards and many never use critical thinking to step beyond this worldview....

if you researched any world history of the last century or two you would not be surprised at whats happening now....

we now have a man Paul Ryan who was raised completely under the Reagan years, and worships Ayn Rand....rand believes that we ALL operate only at our own best interest, also the principle of the free market....

This Paul Ryan is an intellectual heavyweight, in what can maybe labeled the give me more its all about me crowd....this is truly scary

elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down