Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan

5 posters

Go down

'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan Empty 'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan

Post by tiredlady Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Someone told me about this. Is it in the right forum?

"The Sensata plant in Freeport is profitable and competitive, but its majority owner, Bain Capital, has decided to ship jobs to China – and forced workers to train their overseas replacements"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/10/illinois-workers-bain-outsourcing?goback=.gde_53791_member_150712647

tiredlady

Back to top Go down

'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan Empty Re: 'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan

Post by elvis44102 Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 am

we have to get this news from a UK website.....hmmm....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan Empty Re: 'I'm sick to my stomach': anger grows in Illinois at Bain's latest outsourcing plan

Post by MaryKay Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 am

I agree elvis, it's interesting that money can buy a lot of air time and also buy a lot of "no air time". Rich told me he actually heard a "blip" on this one night at like 4am on the Bloomberg News channel, but it died really quickly.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:51 am

If you do a search of Bain Capital on that site, you will see that Bain Capital purchased an Australian accounting software company for a billion dollars. This company has a lot of money. So they can afford to put one of their own in the White House.

What some tax experts were able to piece together from the smoke and mirrors of the partial release of Bain's financial papers by Gawker.com, Bain Capital is based in the Cayman lslands so foreign investors can avoid paying taxes they owe to the U.S.

A very attractive investment for foreign investors. From The Guardian story we see, Bain may optain a profitable company through aquisition or merger. Borrow large sums of equity from it. If the company is not bankrupted, in the guise of saving money, the jobs are outsourced. Not only are foreign workers trained as replacements, all intellectual property goes with it, was well. Being based in the Caymans, these companies can still be called U. S. companies that can enjoy tax breaks and to add insult to injury, they can claim to add jobs even though these are low paying jobs going to foreign workers. Bain Capital is like a vampire to the U.S. free enterprise system.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Sounds familiar, when Romney was running for Ted Kennedy's seat stories like this were popping up...and he was active ate bain at the time. I can't believe people would even consider this man for president. I hope these people keep telling their story and that someone in MSM has the balls to report on it constantly. It's a reminder of what this country has become and why so many people's lives have been destroyed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I do not want this man at the controls in such a powerful position. A romney presidency would further the inequality problem, among other things. Especially being coupled with Paul Ryan, of all people. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by snday Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 pm

i agree with you.

snday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down