Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless

Go down

Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless Empty Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 am

Ray Hodge lost his job as an energy company's logistics director in June of 2009.

"The company took a new direction and placed emphasis on being a hedge fund," he said.

Hodge didn't have much luck looking for a new job. "I didn't receive any interviews. People said, 'Nice resume, but you don't fit the criteria as well as some other people we have in mind.' How much of that is true and how much is because I'm a little more senior? A lot of things come into play, but you try not to focus on that because it could lead you into a state of depression."

Now Hodge, who is 64 and lives in Trumbull, Conn., has found work, thanks partly to an innovative Connecticut program targeting "99ers" -- people who have been out of work for 99 weeks or longer and have run out of unemployment insurance. There were nearly 2 million Americans who had been out of work that long in July, according to the Labor Department.

The program is called "Platform to Employment," and it has received a lot of attention since a February "60 Minutes" segment that suggested it could be a national solution to the crisis of long-term unemployment. Its creator, Joe Carbone, has testified before Congress and traveled to other states to share information about P2E, as he sometimes calls it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/platform-to-employment-connecticut_n_1749763.html

Back to top Go down

Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless Empty Re: Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless

Post by invisiblecitizen Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for sharing that. Its been a long time since I have been hopeful. Maybe this will catch on.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless Empty Re: Platform To Employment Making Progress with Long Term Jobless

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

This is indeed good news. Every state should be working on this. I will be contacting my officials today and copying this with my letter.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:48 am

Since I asked for ideas, I think this would be a great campaign to start right now. If every member contacts their State Reps., Governor, Senators and copies this to them we might get some traction.

Any thoughts?

I just sent my Senators and the Governor my email and this in the body with the link. We will see if any responses come my way. If so, I will post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down