Yesterday a bunch of rich white guys held a "Fiscal Summit" and agreed that:
1. Despite the fact that unemployment is causing untold suffering for millions of people, it's not very important.
2. Despite the fact that wage stagnation is destroying the middle class, that's not important either.
3. Despite the fact that we need the social safety net more than ever after what they've done to the economy, it's expendable.
4. Despite the fact that our government can borrow money at record low rates and use it to put people to work, thereby ending the recession and jumpstarting the economy, that option's not even worth discussing.
5. Despite the fact that these men all possess great power, wealth, and/or influence, everything that's wrong with the economy is your fault.
6. Since it's all your fault, you better get ready to pay up.
Oh, and one other thing:
7. They're all very smart and very brave. It's too bad the rest of you people are such jerks.
Any questions? Let's hope not, because they're all busy men and it's great golfing weather this week in D.C.
Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)
I know most of the things that have happened since I started world war 2 have been my fault, except that bay of pigs thing, that was all Kennedy....
- Posts : 656
Join date : 2011-03-07
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum