Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March

+2
Sammy
gettheminNOVEMBER
6 posters

Go down

Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  Empty Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:17 pm

The local police's use of force seriously injured an Occupy activist and Iraq War veteran.

Scott Olsen, 24, remains sedated on a respirator, in stable but critical condition at Oakland’s Highland Hospital after being hit in the head with a police projectile.

Olsen's roommate, Keith Shannon, 24, told The Huffington Post that Olsen is still in the emergency room.

"Right now, he's under sedation," Shannon said. "He walked into the hospital." But soon after his arrival, Shannon said, doctors found that there was swelling in Olsen's brain and put him under. He did not get a chance to talk to his friend. "They are waiting for a neurosurgeon to examine him to see if he needs surgery or not," Shannon said. If he doesn't need an operation, he'll be moved to the intensive care unit.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/26/iraq-vet-oakland-police-tear-gas_n_1033159.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=988989

Here we go........... May 4, 1970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7-m919ynU Sad

Back to top Go down

Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  Empty Re: Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:33 pm

With 40,000 troops coming home and many already here. Whose side will they take? Police have NO idea what they are doing No
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March  Empty Re: Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March

Post by Sammy Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Here we go........... May 4, 1970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7-m919ynU Sad

That's the first song I thought of when I saw this. Evil or Very Mad
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:41 pm

This is so horrible. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Good song, btw!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Hero Scott Olsen Highland Hospital 1411 E. 31st Street Oakland, CA 94602

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Very hard to watch

Veterans For Peace Member Shot In The Face By Oakland Police Projectile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hw7YteaL7w&feature=watch_response
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 pm

This pisses me off more than anything how many protestors were hurt elsewhere or killed but no it's always back to using us the vets to make a point.
As for vets returning home to fight the police? Are you serious?
The right uses us, the left uses us at least both sides know who really earned the rights everyone else bloviates about.
Semper Fi my brother, Potius mori quam foedari

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

tristen303 wrote:This pisses me off more than anything how many protestors were hurt elsewhere or killed but no it's always back to using us the vets to make a point.
The right uses us, the left uses us at least both sides know who really earned the rights everyone else bloviates about.

Who said fight scratch scratch scratch
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
tristen303 wrote:This pisses me off more than anything how many protestors were hurt elsewhere or killed but no it's always back to using us the vets to make a point.

Who said fight scratch scratch scratch
He was protesting.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:With 40,000 troops coming home and many already here. Whose side will they take? Police have NO idea what they are doing No

I guess I got the inference wrong huh?

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm

It's not that he was a vet it's the fact he was an unarmed protester exercising his right to free speech and assembly
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 pm

I must have missed that or lost it in how many times vet was being peddled.
To your point all injuries from a peaceful protest should be looked upon as bad and just as sad or horrible or wrong.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Video footage shows Olsen lying prone on the ground in front of police lines. A crowd gathers in an apparent bid to help him, but then scatters when a police officer throws an explosive device into their midst.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/26/1030222/-BREAKING-PHOTOS:-Images-CONTRADICT-Oakland-PD-Press-Release-on-Rubber-Bullets

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

He threw a flash bang a concussion grenade, the police use them and we used them when clearing rooms or crowds without the intent to kill or mame.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 pm

tristen303 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:With 40,000 troops coming home and many already here. Whose side will they take? Police have NO idea what they are doing No

I guess I got the inference wrong huh?

Yes you did my friend.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

I received this email this afternoon from moveon.org. They are asking for anyone who wishes to share this to show support for Scott Olsen.

http://front.moveon.org/show-your-support-for-scott-olsen-please-share-this-graphic-now/?rc=daily.share&id=32370-19132998-PAXAORxh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am

This mornings news reports on all stations are that Scott's condition has been upgraded. Prayers for Scott and his family.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:54 pm

And now all of my brothersand sisters are putting together a protest at the various ocupy sites with just Marine combat vets. I will keep you posted but needles to say everybody is pretty pissed; especially when the police wouldn't let anybody help him when he was down.

Were starting to get press too, pass this along to any Marine and tell him or her to standby.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/marines-storm-reddit-after-occupy-oakland-shooting-of-scott-olson_b43369

http://www.businessinsider.com/marine-scott-olsen-is-to-undergo-brain-surgery-and-occupymarines-make-demands-2011-10

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for posting tristen. We are praying for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:15 pm

This is an absolute disgrace. Force if that nature was not needed for a peaceful demonstration.
My prayers are with Scott and his family.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I received an email earlier today, asking for anyone who wishes to, please place a candle in your window and stand with the ows movement.

I will do it for Scott and his family as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:37 am

SAN DIEGO OWS RAIDED at 2am this morning. 51 arrests. They have regrouped with local unions at 8pm tonight PST to stand their ground. This has gotten much bigger here

Occupy San Diego Live Feed!!

http://www.livestream.com/occupysandiegolivefeed

as of: 9:12pm PST, Riot Police are on scene, MEDIA NOT ALLOWED IN.

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down