Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what??

+9
pinball
grozecki
Spring9
Jane0218
bth13
Rose
Dazed&Confused
Jobless_in_Ma
JustJody
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 Empty PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what??

Post by JustJody Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

September Unemployment rates for all states were released this morning.

PA is at 8.3% for September
August - 8.2
July - 7.8

3 month average is 8.1%

I'm assuming the second phase of EB will trigger back on again since it is suppose to if the 3 month average is at 8% or higher. Is this correct??

It would remain at 8% or higher going into October also if October's rate is 7.5% or higher.

Any idea how they will transfer back to the second phase of EB or has it been removed from PA altogether regardless of the unemployment rate??

Last edited by JustJody on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

JustJody

Back to top Go down

PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 Empty Re: PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what??

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Welcome Spring9.

I wish you much success with your new business. Thanks for your help with getting the word out and thanks for posting! Please keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Back to top Go down

PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what?? - Page 2 Empty Re: PA 3 month average now 8.1 for Jul, Aug, Sept -- Now what??

Post by Jane0218 Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Spring9, Thanks for the link. I posted that yesterday too. It's from the US DOL site, which I'm not sure if PA has to abide by the trigger ON or not. I thought that each state can decide if they want to pay out benefits, even if it's fully funded by the feds. So I'm hoping to see a notice on the PA DOLI website soon (fingers crossed).

Anyway for anyone that's interested: I called an EC rep today and she said they heard that HUP might be turned back on, but nothing official asof today. We're supposed to get new forms in the mail if it's turned back on.

Jane0218

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm

MaryKay, Sick & Tired and Jane0218, Thanks for your response

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Spring9, good luck. Glad you are here and I will add your business to the prayer list. Stay positive and please, do keep posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will Smile

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

Don't forget HUB stop the minute the unemployment goes under 8%. No extra weeks. The good thing is the State Unemployment rate does not come out until late November (16-22) and hopefully that won't affect us after, for those collecting November 6th, if won't much matter. Matter of fact, if HUB is not extended thru 2012 if won't matter much. But to get those critical weeks is a good thing.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by JustJody Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am

Dazed&Confused wrote:Don't forget HUB stop the minute the unemployment goes under 8%. No extra weeks. The good thing is the State Unemployment rate does not come out until late November (16-22) and hopefully that won't affect us after, for those collecting November 6th, if won't much matter. Matter of fact, if HUB is not extended thru 2012 if won't matter much. But to get those critical weeks is a good thing.

At this point October would have to go below 7.5% for the 3 month average of Aug, Sep, Oct to be below 8%. I don't see that likely for this month.

JustJody

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi! Take a look at the attached link . It was updated this morning. The trigger did not come on for Pennsylvania.
I live in NJ, but have always worked in Pa, so my claim comes from Pa.

http://www.nojobsurvivor.com/No-Job-Advice-and-Help/does-your-state-qualify-for-us-federal-extended-benefits.html

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by JustJody Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Spring9 wrote:Hi! Take a look at the attached link . It was updated this morning. The trigger did not come on for Pennsylvania.
I live in NJ, but have always worked in Pa, so my claim comes from Pa.

http://www.nojobsurvivor.com/No-Job-Advice-and-Help/does-your-state-qualify-for-us-federal-extended-benefits.html

Your link shows EUC for each state as well as EB but it does not show anything for HUP EB which is what has triggered back on.

JustJody

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

JustJody, the best I can do for you is give your the UC number. 888-313-7284. Before becoming a 99er, I worked in PA and collected there. I never had any issues with them and I think at this time it would be best for you to get a Rep. to take you through everything. Without specifics, it would be hard for anyone to answer any questions for you and you shouldn't post any specifics for your own protection.

I made a call and was given the date of 11/6 and that they were in the process of mailing forms but they would only give me general information regarding it, as I cannot make a claim. I hope this helps.

Also, when you do get a hold of them, get the specifics on how long, start date, end date -- minus any extension that may need to be voted on by congress. Make sure, with all the new guidelines what your benefit amount is and the balance of your acct. If you should become a 99er, you will need this information if you need to go to Social Services for help. Feel free to send me a pm and I will see if I can help from this end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 pm

MaryKay
Thanks for that phone number. I called and was told that because the trigger is now on in Pa, I would be eligible for the additional 7 weeks of HUP EB. The representative told me I should receive information in the mail. This is great news because I really did not know if I would be able to pay my mortgage. My last unemployment benefit was in June. If It had not been for my family helping me I would have already loss my home. I really appreciate this forum.
Thanks again

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:17 am

spring9, I am glad it helped. I hear on the family and loss of benefits, I am a 99er and it's a year and a half for me. I am so glad you can stay in the house. I just know that things will start to get better, I will do all I can to make sure they hear our voices.

Glad you got some good news. Glad PA was helpful. I always found them to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Spring9, it is not always good to go to anything other than DOL sites to get the correct information. Go to this url at the DOL and look at the bottom of the page under news. Also you will see a box that gives a lot of information.

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/unemploy/claims_arch.asp
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi Dazed & Confused

Thanks so much for the information

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Since this is happening for PA claimants, has anyone heard from Rose, she was so hoping this would trigger on so she wouldn't have to leave her brother in laws. I haven't heard from her, has anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 pm

FYI..
News release posted on DOLI

News for Immediate Release
November 3, 2011
Extended Unemployment Benefits Now Available
Harrisburg - "High Unemployment Period" Extended Benefits (HUP EB) are now available in Pennsylvania, the Department of Labor & Industry said today.

The U.S. Department of Labor recently notified the state that Pennsylvania's total unemployment rate had reached 8.1 percent, triggering the availability of these extended benefits.

The department will notify individuals who may be eligible for HUP EB. The amount of HUP EB available for each individual will vary.

The first payable week of HUP EB is the week ending Nov. 12. Under current law, the final week for which regular EB and HUP EB may be paid is the week ending Dec. 31, 2011.

HUP EB may be payable to claimants who have exhausted all of their regular state unemployment compensation (UC), federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC), and regular Pennsylvania Extended Benefits (EB).

Claimants who exhausted their regular state EB on or after June 11, 2011 may qualify for as many as seven weeks of HUP EB. Claimants who received HUP EB during the prior High Unemployment Period but did not receive all of their benefits when that period ended on June 11, 2011 may qualify to receive the remaining balance of their HUP EB.

Requirements are the same for the HUP EB program and the regular EB program. A claimant must actively search for work during each week for which benefits are claimed.

Individuals who believe they may be eligible but have not received a notice from the department by Nov. 26 should contact the department at 1-888-313-7284.

Media Contact:
Sean Yeakle, 717-787-7530

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm here I was without electric for 6 days. Has anyone gotten there Hub forms yet? He hasn't so we shall see I guess.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Here us the latest information for the PA DOL. Hope it helps.

http://www.uc.pa.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_81394_11449_566813_43/http%3B/pubcontent.state.pa.us/publishedcontent/publish/cop_hhs/dli/_l_i_enterprise_news___media/media_portlets/newsitems/extended_unemployment_benefits_now_available.html

They said first payable week is the weekending Nov. 12th. However we should receive a application and information for them. And, get this, expect this by November 26 and they say nothing about retro pay. Oh Hell
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by grozecki Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:18 am

I assume the PA HUB has no effect on 99ers?

my last check received was May 2010, so I guess this doesn't help me at all.

Correct?

grozecki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 am

I am sorry to say grozecki, it does not.

We are advocating and campaigning through emails and tweet deck and twitter for HR589, additional benefits for the 99ers. Please join us.

Back to top Go down

Post by grozecki Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 am

My name is already on the list.

grozecki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 am

Well thanks for signing. Glad you found us and glad for your support.

I am sure you will enjoy the friends you will make here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I finally was able to speak with a PA CSR on HUB and believe me it was not easy to pull answers out of her mouth. I was told applications and information would be sent out next week if you are eligible. I asked her what about paper forms to send in, man I have to tell you she was really nasty, "what do you mean paper forms", I said "you know the forms we have to fill out each week." She said "Oh they will come with the application and information on your available weeks." I said "well how come I have to apply for benefits if you know I can receive them." She got really P***ed and said everything is being sent out next week. I could get no personal information. I guess these people are really tired of all the calls, but jeez they have a job. We don't and we need answers and that is what I told her, she didn't give a darn. D&C

P.S.: They said November 26th, what a joke. First payable week was this week. I don't trust anything they say. Don't hold your breath.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience D&C. Unfortunately, it's the only system you have in PA. I called and was given the same info, so I could let members know, as a 99er I cannot collect, however, I didn't have a nasty rep.

I was told the forms are being processed and have started to go out. Hopefully you will receive yours soon. Saying a prayer you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Thank you Mary Kay, you are wonderful.... I love you Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next