Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too

+3
lendmeflight2
Jobless_in_Ma
Dazed&Confused
7 posters

Go down

Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too Empty Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue May 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Unbelievable in Tennessee and North Carolina. Not a word out of Pennsylvania.

"State lawmakers in Tennessee and North Carolina want a legislative do-over after their states became ineligible for 20 weeks of federally-funded unemployment insurance last month.

Democrats in the Tennessee, where the unemployment rate is 9.5 percent, are trying to revive the Extended Benefits program. They didn't learn of the program's untimely death until constituents reported that their checks had stopped after April 16. The U.S. Congress had previously reauthorized the EB program through the end of the year for states with persistent high unemployment.

"We were pretty surprised to learn it had happened and there weren’t other efforts to get it remedied," said Sen. Lowe Finney (D), who introduced legislation last Thursday to restore the federal EB program. "I’ve been hearing from constituents for a few weeks."

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/09/state-lawmakers-unemployment-benefits-revisit_n_859340.html
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too Empty Re: Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

This is completely unacceptable.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too Empty Re: Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue May 10, 2011 5:00 pm

I read this article yesterday. I believe that the TN legislature didn't know. The NC legislature didn't know until the day it was announced to the public. The employment commission really let everyone down. They were basically like "oh yeah this will end in two weeks if you don't fix it".

They knew and just let it go. I am not surprised that the legislature didn't know. Hell, I am ON the program and I didn't even know. There is no way that I could have known. I still don't really understand what the 2 year look back means or why a 3 year look back would fix it. I just know it would.

One of the things that is taking so long is the legislators have to understand the problem before they will vote on it. Most of them are just voting party line. I can tell by talking to them that they don't understand the process. Unfortunately for me and thousands of others, we don't have time to wait on them to figure it out. I have about two weeks before I have to decide about moving out. Again.
I don't have anyone to save me this time. They have to get this figured out now.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

this is terrible!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by pc Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 am

Don't believe TN didn't know It has been on the tn.gov front page for the whole month of March How could the rep not have known

pc

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

Legislatures in Tennessee, we didn't know...oh NC news too 550579 dire

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 3:06 pm

I tried to explain it Lendme, but my brains are burned out. Sorry babe.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 pm

It is truly disgusting when THOSE in the position to enable others to be helped DON'T BOTHER to see ahead, around the curve? Wishing they, elected officials, could live in the shoes of those whose lives have been affected!! No

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrync Thu May 12, 2011 11:02 pm

all i can say is they know now.....

Terrync

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 am

Oh believe me... They know now.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by dkhardin Fri May 13, 2011 8:20 am

yes

dkhardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down