Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 Empty In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW!

Post by @HelpThe99ers Sun May 08, 2011 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

The group called Main Street Insiders has a link to the upcoming Ways and Means Committee hearings webcast:

@HelpThe99ers

http://helpthe99ers.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW!

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Totally clueless and hypocritical! Can't watch this anymore.

MAD

Back to top Go down

In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: In your best interest - Watch & Listen to the House W & M Cmte. hearing NOW!

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:38 pm

They are implying that the long term unemployed are uneducated and dont have GEDs...my husband went to trade school for 5 yrs AND is a licensed electrician AND got a high school diploma. They need to start listening to the public instead of guessing. Most people I talk to who are jobless are college educated. This is bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:"Tarp-like bailout for the states"! I like this Rep. but can't see his name. Anyone know who it is?

I saw his name but forget what it is now LOL sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:40 pm

I wish I was uneducated! I might have a better chance of finding a job! After a while, the phrase "over-qualified" wears pretty thin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I second that. The whole argument is stupid. The ONLY reason thsi stupid bill even exist is to give the GOP and corps more money. IF anyone believes that statistically everyone that is unemployed is uneducated and on drugs then they are probably on drugs. bad people!!!!

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm

This is extremely heart breaking to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Is it over??
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 pm

yes Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:27 pm

someone or some group had better start backing protests or ALL of the middle class will be doomed. We need HUGE protests against this and the other assaults of the GOP against the middle class and poor. If this doesnt outrage and wake people I dont know what will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Millions of unemployed are in for one hell of a shock should this bill pass. All those who vanished after 4213 was passed will be coming by the flocks here asking WtH happened.

Last edited by Jobless_in_Ma on Wed May 11, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Millions of unemployed are in for one hell of a shock. All those who vanished after 4213 was passed will be coming by the flocks here asking WtH happened.

X2!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:08 pm

It must pass house(which it will) but the dems. in senate??? If they vote on it to pass they are evil also! The Obama.. That is the big key! BUt I cannot see him signing the bill because it goes against the extensions to 12/31...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Please keep me posted. I am unable to watch tv. as to status of these bills.

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Millions of unemployed are in for one hell of a shock. All those who vanished after 4213 was passed will be coming by the flocks here asking WtH happened.

JIM, This thing hasn't passed yet! Or have I missed something??? It must make the house and then the senate and then Pres. sign off on it... ?????

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:14 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:It must pass house(which it will) but the dems. in senate??? If they vote on it to pass they are evil also! The Obama.. That is the big key! BUt I cannot see him signing the bill because it goes against the extensions to 12/31...

OBAMA is not the issue we should be concentrating on now! That is a long way down the road.

The Senate has their own version of this bill, so even if this one does not pass, the can keep delaying any help for the unemployed by introducing Hatch's bill - S. 904. That bill is in the Senate Finance Committee, which Hatch is the Ranking Member of.

Please stop worrying about Obama will do and start worrying about what your Rep. and Senators will do!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Do I smell a RAT!!!! This was prob. the plan all along in regards to the Bush Tax Cuts deal. They went for 4213 let it play out now legislation to change it and they still get their deal. I SAY! NO DEAL! Maybe President Obama will finally get mad and do something and say something for a change.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:26 pm

I rest this on the dems. because the repubs. are so predictable. But what will the dems. do in the senate and then if they turn coat what will Obama do after..It rest with him as the final say!!! I cannot see him signing off on it!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 3:28 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Go Rep. McDermott! "We got 'snookered' last year"!!!!! regarding giving into the Bush Tax Cuts compromise!

Thats why Obama should be furious!!! And outspoken!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:30 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:

JIM, This thing hasn't passed yet! Or have I missed something??? It must make the house and then the senate and then Pres. sign off on it... ?????

I have to be honest with you 1208. You have been with us all along and this is not aimed at you in anyway.

We have been down this road so many times. When people find out their benefits are in jeopardy, they come flocking back. We saw that last year a couple of times with 4213. After it passed, they all say they will stick around and fight for the 99ers. The majority don't. They leave and resurface only when it affects them.

It is time for people to put away their drink carts and wake up. Forget about "leaving the advocating to the pros" - we must all learn to be pros now or we are finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Personally I dont think there is a chance of this ever getting out of the senate. The issue is this will further delay 589 and makes getting 589 out of house seem like an impossible dream.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Please keep me posted. I am unable to watch tv. as to status of these bills.

There was a link to view the committee hearing in the first few posts in this thread. Actually, that is what this thread was created for. I have been bumping it all week.

You don't need access to TV for the information. You can connect to C-Span through the forum. C-Span 1 is the House, C-Span 2 is the Senate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm

***Hearing is over - H.R. 1745 moves to the House Floor***

Locking thread, please see other active topics for updates, use the Bill Tracker widget and watch C-Span 1 for more coverage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2