Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

+8
Angelicrisis
exhaustedandtired/1208
Dazed&Confused
gettheminNOVEMBER
Kathleen
Jobless_in_Ma
Abbie
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 Empty ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

House Republicans unveiled a bill on Thursday that would give state governments greater leeway in how they spend federal funds earmarked for benefits for long-term unemployed people.

The legislation, introduced by House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R., Mich.), would enable states to use the funds for other purposes including investing in job creation programs, repaying money already owed to the federal government through the program, providing tax breaks for employers, or continuing to pay jobless benefits to long-term unemployed people.

But House Democrats quickly slammed the bill because it would allow states to reduce the weeks of jobless benefits offered instead of ensuring up to 99 weeks of unemployment insurance through the end of the year. Some states have already started trimming back the 26 weeks of state-funded benefits.

“This is the opposite of a jobs bill — it is a hatchet job on the unemployment insurance program,” Rep. Sander Levin (D. Mich.), Ranking Member of the Ways & Means Committee said in a statement. “With this legislation, Republicans are proposing to end this year’s guaranteed benefit for the long-term unemployed.”
ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 417578

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/05/05/bill-would-allow-states-to-use-unemployment-funds-for-other-purposes/?mod=google_news_blog

Not good. Sad

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 Empty Re: ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 2:00 pm

The democrats have got to stop letting the gop outsmart them.

This is what will happen. The will attach the bicameral legislation to the 589 and pass it all. Then Obama will veto it and then the gop will come out and say that they passed extra weeks and the democratic president vetoed it, he must hate the unemployed. Then a lot of us will be stupid enough to fall for that.

As long as they keep them seperate the new bills will never pass.

This whole idea is stupid. The states are the problem. The federal government needs to control what the money is used for. This is why the stimulus money didn't have as much of an effect in some states. It's because those states basically stole the money.

If you allow states to administer the tier system, every penny will be stolen and there will be no more benefits.

To further comment on Angelicrisis about the GOP effecting close to the same people as 9/11. If you think about it the GOP have ruined more lives than 9/11 already. They are tearing down milllions of people on a daily basis.
Why does the working class tolerate this?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 Empty Re: ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending Tier Benefits

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Starting to remind be of the poor jewish people being led to the gas chambers. This senseless assualt on Americans is turning into a war of it's own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 9:28 pm

I don't think they will try to attach HR 589 to Republican bicameral legislation, the Dems are outraged by the introduction at these two bills after the concessions they made at the end of the year on the Bush tax cuts just so people wouldn't lose benefits 3 weeks before Christmas.

My fear is that they will allow HR589 to pass. This adds the 14 weeks to Tier 1. It is a sneaky way to divert more money to the hands of the states. If states are allowed to do as they please with the funds from EUCO8, the extension added in HR589 would be part of that. We would probably never see it, states will use the funds for other purposes with the end effect of cutting the money that states borrow from the Feds, and start paying back their debt to the government.

It is a win-win situation for the GOP to pass HR 589. They can boast that they did help the 99ers and also allowed states to relieve some of their debts and start paying back the feds, which would decrease the federal debt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:The democrats have got to stop letting the gop outsmart them.

This is what will happen. The will attach the bicameral legislation to the 589 and pass it all. Then Obama will veto it and then the gop will come out and say that they passed extra weeks and the democratic president vetoed it, he must hate the unemployed. Then a lot of us will be stupid enough to fall for that. As long as they keep them seperate the new bills will never pass.

This whole idea is stupid. The states are the problem. The federal government needs to control what the money is used for. This is why the stimulus money didn't have as much of an effect in some states. It's because those states basically stole the money.

If you allow states to administer the tier system, every penny will be stolen and there will be no more benefits.

To further comment on Angelicrisis about the GOP effecting close to the same people as 9/11. If you think about it the GOP have ruined more lives than 9/11 already. They are tearing down milllions of people on a daily basis.

Why does the working class tolerate this?

You are correct these new bills will never pass, stand alone or with pork. However, the democrats hit the republicans first on this one, by carrying on about taxing the rich, the democrats said there will be taxes on the rich. So the republicans come back with, yep it is a good idea to take unemployment away from the unemployed and give it to the states for their use (whatever they want to do with it) as a Jobs Bill, haha. The December 2010 deal was 13 months of extended benefits for the Dems and 2 year extension of current tax rates for everyone. So the Dems did go after the Reps first. However, I must say we were ill informed about all these triggers, bells and whistles going off and I believe both parties knew these triggers would go off pretty soon or they would not have a report through next December showing when states would fall off of EB.

We, in PA now have 10 sponsers for the 3-year look back, but all Dems, and it does not look like it will get out of committee, unless Corbett decides to spare us.

Having a Republican Governor in Pennsylvania, is like Massachuetts having a Republican Senator replacing Kennedy, it was a big mistake. But that deal, the 1% paycheck deduction for all the benefits they get has been going on for over 24 years and no Governor wants to lose that by fighting with the Unions to much. It was good for the Unions to have something to hold over Corbett's head.

I just cannot understand what Corbett is thinking, he has been absolutely mum on the extension. Not only that but his approval rating in his first 100 days in office is horrible. This is the bad person who before he was elected back in 2010 said the unemployed just want to stay home and sit on the couch.

Anyway, I could not understand why this sob Gov. Corbett (R) PA, has not said word one on extending extended benefits, with the 3-year look back. Now I realize all the Red Govenors (or most) want this money to bring down their defiticts on the backs of middle class Americans. What really pis---ses me off is all elected legislators in PA pay 1% of their income for medical, retirement, etc., and that is why Corbett kept it low key with the Unions. They have all Sentators and Representatives and Appointees, as well as others getting this sweetheart deal. They are so greedy. Imagine they pay !% for all job benefits, they don't want to give that up, but they will take from the unemployed, they make me sick.

Another thing, shouldn't they pass the 3-year look back in order to get the money for themselves, or don't those rules apply to the states, that is kinda off kilter, we, the people can't get the money if we don't have a 3-year look back but the states can. Doesn't seem fair for them to get it on a 2-year look back. If the don't pass the 3-year look back let the Feds have it to lower the deficit. I hope that a-hole, Colbett, is not holding his breath, he might start to float. All this sucks. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by @HelpThe99ers Sun May 08, 2011 1:57 am

I've drafted a response to Ways and Means about their "JOBS" bill here

If your Representative is a member of Ways and Means, please consider faxing a copy of the article to their offices.

The GOP's JOBS Act is nothing more than a cynical exercise, a cruel joke, meant to further cut taxes for those who need the help the least, while placing even more of a financial burden on those who need help the most.

With this bill, the GOP is putting the BS in JOBS.

One other point to consider: this bill breaks the deal that President Obama secured at the end of the year: two more years of Bush-era tax cuts in exchange for 13 months of unemployment benefits (for up to, but not more than, 99 weeks per individual).

If the GOP wants to break the deal on unemployment benefits, they should forfeit the tax cuts they fought so hard for, as well.

@HelpThe99ers

http://helpthe99ers.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 am

@HelpThe99ers wrote:I've drafted a response to Ways and Means about their "JOBS" bill here

If your Representative is a member of Ways and Means, please consider faxing a copy of the article to their offices.

The GOP's JOBS Act is nothing more than a cynical exercise, a cruel joke, meant to further cut taxes for those who need the help the least, while placing even more of a financial burden on those who need help the most.

With this bill, the GOP is putting the BS in JOBS.

One other point to consider: this bill breaks the deal that President Obama secured at the end of the year: two more years of Bush-era tax cuts in exchange for 13 months of unemployment benefits (for up to, but not more than, 99 weeks per individual).

If the GOP wants to break the deal on unemployment benefits, they should forfeit the tax cuts they fought so hard for, as well.

Please contact your Reps. and the House Ways & Means immediately! A hearing on this bill, HR 1745 has been scheduled for May 11! It was introduced on May 5.

HR 589 was introduced on February 9, 2011 and sent to the W & M Committee, to date, NO action has been taken on it.

Please send the message to Congress that @HelpThe99ers has suggested!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 am

Abbie wrote:My prediction is, if this ever passes, Governors like Kasich here in Ohio will divert the money to schemes like his Jobs Ohio plan which he appointed himself Chairman of and the money will go to his Wall Street buddies, his business cronies and in his pockets.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42232445/ns/msnbc_tv-the_ed_show/

You say IF this bills passes! The only way it can is if Obama bails on the unemployed. He must sign off on it or veto it. I suspect he'll sign it because anything that makes him look good, he'll do!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 pm

I am sure you think he will sign it because he can't do anything right in your eyes. Well, maybe you will have Trump as a President in two years and we will really be screwed.

Obama will never sign this bill no matter what it is attached to.
It won't pass the senate so it doesn't matter anyway.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 pm

lendme, I was saying this as a worse case. He has bailed on his own dems. with tax credits. But with Obama, eve you never know! But I also said A. it wouldn't pass the senate(but are the dems. going to be that strong).
B.Will the pres. sign it or veto. I would like to think he would veto. Because he compromised the tax credits and got support for extensions thru Jan 2012. So if the repubs. created a bill like these two it has to make Obama look like a turncoat if he signed it. But I hope he don't. Obama is unpredictable now! But I hop you are right. The senate will not pass and it will fail. But someone , somewhere must push for 589 out of committee NOW!!! I am sure these bills were created to affect 589, which tells me they know A. 589 will make it out of committee. Also it stands a chance of passing and thats why they have created these bills. Yes they affect the current extensions but I also say they created these bills to affect 589.. Otherwise , why wouldn't thy have come out earlier. Well repubs. are not that smart!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 pm

@HelpThe99ers wrote:The group called Main Street Insiders has a link to the upcoming Ways and Means Committee hearings webcast:

I am going to start a new thread for this. Thank you for the information. I hope everyone realizes what this proposed legislation means for ALL the unemployed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Nice too see they can push their agenda through quickly, while 589 has been in committee for months. GOP are evil IMO Evil or Very Mad

I hope Americans wake up to the fact that the GOP will do nothing for the average or poor american. They are only out for themselves and the rich. I cant wait to vote Scott Brown out of mass and get a dem back in there.

I never used to feel this way. I thought having different parties balanced the power. But clearly, it does not! I will never trust the GOP, EVER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Just a note, included in these two pieces of legislation, HR 1745 and S 904, is a provision that anyone without a high school diploma MUST receive training to receive their GED. States would be required to pay for that training.

IMO, this is pure discrimination against learning disabled individuals. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Sun May 08, 2011 4:40 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I am sure you think he will sign it because he can't do anything right in your eyes. Well, maybe you will have Trump as a President in two years and we will really be screwed.

Obama will never sign this bill no matter what it is attached to.
It won't pass the senate so it doesn't matter anyway.

I agree, I doubt this ever passes but I am still contacting the REPUBLICANS who come up with these BS ideas and tell them what I think of them.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Sun May 08, 2011 4:53 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
Abbie wrote:My prediction is, if this ever passes, Governors like Kasich here in Ohio will divert the money to schemes like his Jobs Ohio plan which he appointed himself Chairman of and the money will go to his Wall Street buddies, his business cronies and in his pockets.

You say IF this bills passes! The only way it can is if Obama bails on the unemployed. He must sign off on it or veto it. I suspect he'll sign it because anything that makes him look good, he'll do!

moth
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 am

Abbie wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:

moth

LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon May 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Now add the students that are about to graduate VERY SOON to the economy. Good luck finding a job other than target or walmart. Sad time in America. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Now add the students that are about to graduate VERY SOON to the economy. Good luck finding a job other than target or walmart. Sad time in America. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No jobs at Target or Wal-Mart either. There was just an article about Wal-Mart; they were complaining their customers weren't buying as much anymore.

Gee, I wonder why? ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 420391251

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Now add the students that are about to graduate VERY SOON to the economy. Good luck finding a job other than target or walmart. Sad time in America. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No jobs at Target or Wal-Mart either. There was just an article about Wal-Mart; they were complaining their customers weren't buying as much anymore.

Gee, I wonder why? ATTN ALL Unemployed: Proposed Legislation Would Allow States to Use EUC Funds for 'JOBS' - Ending  Tier Benefits - Page 3 420391251

I went to go and buy some bullets not too long ago and could not find anyone behind the counter. They had one guy running 3 departments Suspect Now I know why.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Also people have to work longer in life so that means less retirees.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon May 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Darthtater buying bullets? surprise
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon May 09, 2011 5:27 pm

I'll say this: The only real person to worry about is the President! If he signs it then he is crap! If he veto's then it will not make it. My hope is they let 589 come out assuming the two pirate bills will pass and maybe they have a hint that Obama will sign off, if so we are screwed. But if they don't have an agreement with the president then they may bring these two bills out of committee for debates and a vote or veto and wait until they see what happens to these two bills before they even think of 589 out of committee! I had hopes they were using these two bills to ride with 589 and in high hope's they would pass and therefore it was safe to bring 589 out of committee along with the two pirate bills. But the danger there would be if unattached to 589 they would get voted down or vetoed and589 might pass. So i think they will bring these two bills out of committee early and see what happens to them first. That means that 589 is a long long way off from any legislation!! Lee especially after meeting with Pres. turn coat better have sonme encouraging news.... Hum!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Why is the President a turn coat? No legislation has been brought to him to sign into law or veto. The Dems in Congress are outraged by these two bills that were introduced last Thursday. The President had nothing to do with that.

These two bills took everyone by surprise. Even as the meeting this week with the CBC and President was scheduled, no one knew what Camp and Hatch were up to...except Camp and Hatch. Unfortunately, Camp happens to be the Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee and has scheduled a "closed" hearing on HR 1745 for Wed.

As far as giving into the GOP on the tax cuts at the end of the year, he had no choice. It was either extend them for two years or millions would be without benefits. The President's hands were tied at that point.

IMO, Obama did what he could in the best interest of millions of unemployed Americans.

It won't be the President who holds up HR 589 - it will be the GOP, and once again we will be used as pawns in Congress. At this point, with the sudden introduction of HR 1745 and S 904, I agree that it will be a long time until we see any help - if ever. And that, Sir, is not President Obama's fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 pm

HR 1745 and S 904 was and IS a counter to HR 589. They have no intention of supporting the unemployed anymore. This is stage one of their FINAL solution against those of us they deem unworthy and UNFIT to survive. Hatch wanted to drug test us last year and now this. I'm telling you, don't beleive ANY GOPers are going to support HR 589 now, not after this action. The writting has been sprayed on the wall for the last two years. They mean business and will turn the USA into a fascist nation controled by them and their corporate paymasters. . They have been telling us all this time in what they say and do. Yet many still do not beleive affraid affraid affraid
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next