Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work"

+5
tristen303
New_Wave_Princess
Rose
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
9 posters

Go down

Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" Empty Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work"

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 pm

On Fox News today! Fight back! Tell Ben Stein and Fox Business News to ***Moderated***!!!!

no

Gasparino: "You Do Wonder ... If It's An Embarassment Now To Stay On Unemployment For 99 Weeks"

From the April 30 edition of Fox News' Cavuto On Business:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201104300006?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4dbc5459a557da55,0

Back to top Go down

Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" Empty Re: Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work"

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:00 pm

surprise Unbelievable what nonsense they spew as facts.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" Empty Re: Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work"

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:03 pm

I did not hear them complain about getting tax breaks? I wonder how much Stein cleared from that bill? Another class heading to hell!

Its not letting me sign up. I really want to tell them what I think.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:03 pm

I love it! Between the deeply conservative WSJ's story on the number of "99ers" and now Fox news going back to report on long term unemployment, we must be stirring things up a little!Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

What makes me mad the most is the cold hard facts they over rule them and run there mouths about the Unemployed dont want to work. When there is a million plus applying for a job at mcdonalds. I mean come on now get with the program pull your head out your butt and look at the true facts.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I put this on some 99ers sites an asked people to comment. Darthtater told stein and fox where to stick it.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:29 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:I put this on some 99ers sites an asked people to comment. Darthtater told stein and fox where to stick it.

Somebody I know very well retweeted Darthtater36!!Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" 907995

Ben Stein Asserts That "A Lot Of" Unemployed "Would Not Prefer To Go To Work" 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Unfortunately, this is part of the myth that if you work hard you can be rich. The reality is most people will never be rich, even if they work hard and do everything right.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

No it’s not Ill say it I have a grad degree and I would not like to work for wages that I made in High School. That is completely depressing and further won't help me get hired in the future through my line of work by saying hey I’m sorry I mowed lawns for a year instead of doing economic forecast models I needed a job but I’m sure given the chance I can jump right back in. Give me a break and I disagreee with the working just hard part to be rich you need to work hard and be smart about it that is the path to wealth. Banging your head against a rock no matter how hard you do it or how many times will not break the rock faster then using a pick, thats the difference. Harder and smarter

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:55 pm

tristen303 wrote: No it’s not Ill say it I have a grad degree and I would not like to work for wages that I made in High School. That is completely depressing and further won't help me get hired in the future through my line of work by saying hey I’m sorry I mowed lawns for a year instead of doing economic forecast models I needed a job but I’m sure given the chance I can jump right back in. Give me a break and I disagreee with the working just hard part to be rich you need to work hard and be smart about it that is the path to wealth. Banging your head against a rock no matter how hard you do it or how many times will not break the rock faster then using a pick, thats the difference. Harder and smarter

This confuses me because this is what YOUR party thinks of you yet you stay right?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:06 pm

My party is not what your seeing its what is being marketed and I vote for ideas not party line so I have voted Dem a lot lately. You are seeing the NeoCons and far right (facists). This is scary and has greater implications then you know. think about it how else would aguy like trump be able to say what hes saying. As Lendme pointed out **ck China thats where were at now? Playing to the masses with hate. Im scared for my party

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:14 pm

tristen303 wrote: No it’s not Ill say it I have a grad degree and I would not like to work for wages that I made in High School. That is completely depressing and further won't help me get hired in the future through my line of work by saying hey I’m sorry I mowed lawns for a year instead of doing economic forecast models I needed a job but I’m sure given the chance I can jump right back in. Give me a break and I disagreee with the working just hard part to be rich you need to work hard and be smart about it that is the path to wealth. Banging your head against a rock no matter how hard you do it or how many times will not break the rock faster then using a pick, thats the difference. Harder and smarter

I am the same. I have a masters and the idea of going back to a job I held in high school upsets me. I did everything right, and I'm still suffering. Many others are the same. Plus, like you mentioned employers hold it against us if we take a job like that.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 pm

I wanted to be the devil's advocate here and take Ben Steins side but you guys beat me too it.

When I lost my job I was making $15 an hour. That is enough to live on here. It's not great but I don't have a house payment or anything really so I don't have a lot of bills. Now I am applying to jobs that are part time for $8 an hour, less than my benefits.

You will have to excuse me for not being excited about that prospect. However, If offered I would take it because I am sick of being terrified of my benefits being cut off at any moment as they just were 3 weeks ago. I can't enjoy life at all. I just sit home and eat 2 cans of tuna and a can soup everyday and stare at the wall because I can't spend the little bit of money I have left.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:41 pm

2 people I absolutely hate arre Mitch McConnel and Boehner. Both of them dont give a damn about the middle class. All they are worried about is the rich. Does anyone here see any positive coming from the trickle down effect that the Rep party claims will work from tax breaks for the rich? How many years have they had them? Yea the Rep party I will never vote Rep for what they did to the 99ers and the UE I hold them responsible for what they did to my late husband.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah, we don't get the trickle we just get the down.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:03 pm

The tax breaks were in effect for years and look where we are now. It has done nothing to help. The only people its helped is the rich. the rich get ricer while the poor get poorer. Crying or Very sad

Trickle down my A_S_S!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Sun May 01, 2011 12:51 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:Unfortunately, this is part of the myth that if you work hard you can be rich. The reality is most people will never be rich, even if they work hard and do everything right.

Exactly! The "haves" ALWAYS conveniently leave out the LUCK factor... If you're suffering it MUST be because you did something wrong & deserve it!!!

Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm

In reality, its not "work hard and get rich" its "cheat, and screw over other people, break the law and not get caught AND GET RICH"

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun May 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey Stein you dummy most people who collect unemployment don't get welfare through a social worker. They make too much jerkoff! I don't know what social workers you are talking about.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 pm

hello wrote:In reality, its not "work hard and get rich" its "cheat, and screw over other people, break the law and not get caught AND GET RICH"

That's the TRUE reality. They have created and MADE the RULES that allow them to CHEAT and Steal for PROFIT and all the little zombies out there BELIEVE that THEY have WORKED hard for their money. Digging a ditch, building a house or wall is HARD work. Shuffling spreadsheets, firing people and Betting and gaming the system on Wall Street is NOT WORK. It's being a thief, nothing more. Evil or Very Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down