Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
My 2 cents EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
My 2 cents EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
My 2 cents EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
My 2 cents EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
My 2 cents EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
My 2 cents EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
My 2 cents EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
My 2 cents EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
My 2 cents EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
My 2 cents EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
My 2 cents EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
My 2 cents EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
My 2 cents EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
My 2 cents EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
My 2 cents EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

My 2 cents

+4
rlw
Judi58
lendmeflight2
hello
8 posters

Go down

My 2 cents Empty My 2 cents

Post by hello Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 am

Ok, this message is meant to be a morale booster for myself and for everyone in the same boat as me.

Before I start, let me just say I used to be an analyst at my last job. So sifting through streams of data and information is what I did for a living.

So recently, i've noticed that there are being a lot more jobs being posted than in the past. A lot of local companies where I live are "Expanding" which is actually them coming back to normal staffing levels. They call it expanding but its not really expanding when you lay off half your staff and then hire half of the number laid off back. Anyways, this is good news regardless. I have been losing hope but for the first time I feel optimistic that I will find something soon.

Here is what I plan to do if I find a job. For the first 6 months, I'll live like I am living right now. Hand to mouth basically. I will only pay for the necessities. I will sacrifice another 6 months of my life. I will save every penny I can for 6 months just to have a decent buffer. I never ever want to go through a time like this again. I want to have enough saved up, so if something happens like this again, I can pack my bags and move to another city or even a diff country where the economy is not in the toilet. Also I plan to join some kind of technical school in the healthcare industry. Just to have some kind of certification.

I will definitely avoid buying ANYTHING on credit till I have at least savings that can last up to 2 years without a job.

I almost gave up hope again, but I know this is all going to be over soon. Lets keep our chin up.

Please feel free to discuss what you plan to do if you find a job. What your game plan is basically.

hello

Back to top Go down

My 2 cents Empty Re: My 2 cents

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 am

Yes, you are correct. This is why it angers me when people ask if things have improved in the last two years. Things are A LOT better than they were even a year ago. There are a lot more jobs to apply for, I don't get any of them but a year ago they weren't even there to apply for.

Things ARE improving, the plan is working somewhat, and this will pass for us eventually.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:09 am

Thank you for starting this thread, Hello.

I think its important to look at the positive side of things no matter how small improvement is.

I agree things are improving (slowly, but Rome wasn't built in a day) It is going to take a long time to undo the damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 am

I agree.. I will get my degree and the car i buy will be cash. I will have 6 months rent and NEVER allow this to happen to me again,
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by rlw Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 pm

***Moderated***
My 2 cents Obviou10

rlw
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

rlw wrote:***Moderated*** My 2 cents Obviou10

How about we meet and you can tell me how lazy I am to my face? You can meet my 2 cents named left and right.

Friggen trolls waste there time here PATHETIC! alien
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:48 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

How about we meet and you can tell me how lazy I am to my face? You can meet my 2 cents named left and right.

Troll Activity has been on the increase. That is a very positive sign for us. We are getting people's attention AND THEY DON'T LIKE IT!
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Troll Activity has been on the increase. That is a very positive sign for us. We are getting people's attention AND THEY DON'T LIKE IT!
lol!

I have seen many between FB, twitter and here now. Must be something in the air today?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by nbalive103 Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Must be a college student living off mommy and daddy income. If this guy was really working wouldnt be wasting time trolling the boards get a life and grow up.

nbalive103

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah trolls are a good sign, that means the mainstream knows about us.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:03 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

lol!

I have seen many between FB, twitter and here now. Must be something in the air today?

Maybe something we dont know about yet, congress is coming back from break soon. Trolls seem to come out in full force right before something happens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello hello Smile
I am an analyst too. I haven't had any credit card debt in many years. Sometimes I give myself a "payday" loan, by charging a bigger ticket item and then paying it before interest kicks in, just to keep my credit rating up. After 2 years of UE, my 3 scores are still in the high 700's and 800's. Recently I had a temp job and with that money I paid off my car (just in case it doubles as my home one day).
I've had recruiters call on average 3 times a week, a few weeks ago they started calling almost 3 times a day! Plus an interview with another major company in my area. Didn't get it, but at least I was in the top 5.
When I do get that next job, I will refinance my mortgage (from a bank to a credit union and hope they don't "sell" it back to a bank!). I will definatly put as much money back into savings as I can. 2-3 years of savings to meet basic needs or more would be nice. For me there is no such thing as "descretionary" income.
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:01 pm

I like this thread!

I wonder how much we BORROWED from CHINA to give TRUMP tax breaks??

MY 2 cents!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Ever notice how Trump gets taking advantage of the US Bankrupcy laws, this guy has filed several times on various projects he has started and they failed. How nice for him, he just keeps taking from the system, and remains a billionaire. He, just like every Ameican is entitled to file under the law. Funny, why don't they talk about this entitlement more??

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah trolls are a good sign, that means the mainstream knows about us.

That is actually a good point. If they are spending their time here there is a reason, or they have a job and nothing else. But as you said they mainstream knows about us.

Before people thought 99ers were a new cartoon.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:10 pm

troycomic wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah trolls are a good sign, that means the mainstream knows about us.

That is actually a good point. If they are spending their time here there is a reason, or they have a job and nothing else. But as you said they mainstream knows about us.

Before people thought 99ers were a new cartoon.

Problem is there are trolls and just really stupid people. Spotting the difference should be a new sport.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:33 am

These trolls who pop in, Most of them probably make half of what we made when we were employed. They cant look down on anybody during normal times so they think they can come in here and look down on the "unemployed". Well, news for u mr. troll, when I get back to work, i'll be your boss again Smile.

Thank you for stopping by.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 am

I don't think that's it really but you could be right. I think that the people of this country work jobs they hate for the most part and don't want to see somebody get something for free. They would rather a million people starve than one person get something that they didn't work for.

I also think that people project a lot. A lot of these people hate their jobs and like the idea of taking time off. They know they wouldn't look for a job if they had benefits so they assume we won't either.
That makes them come here and try and bash us for something that has nothing to do with us.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum