Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The McJob Won’t Save the U.S.

5 posters

Go down

The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. Empty The McJob Won’t Save the U.S.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

USA Today reported recently that there are 8.3 million people who were collecting unemployment benefits at the end of March. To make matters more disappointing there are millions more that have had their unemployment benefits expire often referred to as 99ers. The number of long term unemployed stands in the millions. This article from September of 2010 counts 99ers at 6,927,372. To illustrate a point lets be conservative and round up to a safe 7,000,000 because it is certainly much higher in April 2011. If we pretend that McDonald’s hires workers that are only long term unemployed i.e. 99ers there will be 140 people per open job at McDonald’s.

http://tinyurl.com/3gfn4qj

Back to top Go down

The McJob Won’t Save the U.S. Empty Re: The McJob Won’t Save the U.S.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Has anyone heard back yet? I haven't. I'm not surprised, though, I've applied before.

idk

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 pm

The McJob was McBull for McSales
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:36 pm

troycomic wrote:The McJob was McBull for McSales

LMAO

That is the McTruth! I also read that they were only temporary, part-time summer positions and the locations that were hiring only had 4 - 5 openings.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:51 am

McBS to feed the mindless McMasses who buy into this McCorporate McLie that Ronald McClown will save all our McAsses. pale

Even my McParents bought into the McPropaganda that was being spread in the McMedia.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Its all McBullcr*p!!!

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:17 pm

It was a scam. Speaking of which there was an article today in the paper where it stated that 75,000 people applied for 2,000 jobs. Yes it's that bad. http://www.suntimes.com/business/5078057-420/75k-applied-for-2k-mcdonalds-jobs.html

75K applied for 2K McDonald’s jobs
More than 75,000 people applied for 2,000 jobs that McDonald’s Corp. has filled in Illinois, northwest Indiana and southern Wisconsin after the Oak Brook-based company’s first “National Hiring Day” on April 19. Of the 2,000 jobs filled, more than 1,000 are in the Chicago area, a McDonald’s spokeswoman said Thursday. The fast-food chain’s managers expect to continue to hire more people, though no estimate is available on how many more, the spokeswoman said.

Sandra Guy

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Feyth Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 am

On my bus ride to my part-time job, I sometimes chat with a gal who works at a McDonalds near my store. Yesterday, I asked her how the nationwide McD job fair went. She said she was surprised by how many folks applied. Then I asked her about her hours -- she's a permanent worker who has worked there over a year -- she said she got 20-30 hrs....

Every TWO weeks. So 10 to 15 a week. And she said she works a lot of 3 hour shifts. She said the MANAGERS only work 25 to 30 hours a week.

McD ALWAYS hires about 50k people nationwide each year to "help out" during their busy summer season. This whole thing is just a publicity ploy, no doubt in response to all the "why don't you get off your high-horse and just get a job at McDonald's" statements. During their press push, spokespeople kept driving home the concept that folks can have a great career at McD.

Right. If you can survive a summer working 10 hours a week at minimum wage, then somehow get picked to continue permanently, you may SOMEDAY have a chance to become a manager, and work a whole 25 hours a week for a couple of bucks more a hour. Lucky you.
--------

Personal update: this month my store's reorganization plan goes into effect. I was surprised to see I'm on the schedule for next week, as I've been expecting to be fired for over a month now. No real idea wth is happening with that.

Since my UI was recalculated, based on a quarter of part-time earnings, my weekly benefit is no longer large enough to kick in and subsidize my part time work. Of course, I've continued my search for work since the first day I worked there. Not even a bite. I think this whole idea of "it's easier to find a job if you have one" is just another myth in this era of 5 unemployed for every one open position.

The so-called "part-time fix" Congress put through is a joke, as it only helps people whose original benefit years ends after the law's enactment -- in other words, you have to have originally filed after July 2009 to qualify. It does nothing for the majority of people who lost jobs during this recession, the majority of those who have been hurting the longest. gg, America.

One last note: one of the contacts I made during our old Day of 10,000 campaign was to my local Representative, democrat Loretta Sanchez. Ms. Sanchez is known for being a staunch advocate for the large hispanic community of her district. Hispanics in my county have a lower unemployment rate here -- being both bilingual and willing to work for little pay helps, is my guess -- so I was interested to hear her views on unemployment legislation. I wrote to her not to send me a form letter reply and ended with, "I look forward to your detailed response."

Sanchez actually mailed me a long, sympathetic letter, and seemed knowlegable about all the proposed legislation out there. I have to admit I was impressed, and was encouraged to think some legislators are actually on our side. Though we unemployed (and partially employed) folks are pretty savy about our situation, I think we sometimes forget how selective the media can be about what stories they run, and who they interview.

Last edited by Feyth on Sun May 01, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I suck at math)

Feyth

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sun May 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I've heard good things about Loretta Sanchez. My congress person is a typical "white boy" who's on the idea that we should take anything. People fell for the lie that he would be great because he's an Air Force officer (I think reserves)and he's young and nice looking.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun May 01, 2011 6:08 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:I've heard good things about Loretta Sanchez. My congress person is a typical "white boy" who's on the idea that we should take anything. People fell for the lie that he would be great because he's an Air Force officer (I think reserves)and he's young and nice looking.

Isn't that why we are in such BIG s!@$ now. We VOTE on IMAGE not on deeds. Our media has conditioned us that way.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sun May 01, 2011 6:13 pm

mistermunster wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:I've heard good things about Loretta Sanchez. My congress person is a typical "white boy" who's on the idea that we should take anything. People fell for the lie that he would be great because he's an Air Force officer (I think reserves)and he's young and nice looking.

Isn't that why we are in such BIG s!@$ now. We VOTE on IMAGE not on deeds. Our media has conditioned us that way.

Which is sad. I know people who voted for this guy because he was young (he's 32 I think) and others because they thought he was cute.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down