Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget"

+2
gettheminNOVEMBER
Angelicrisis
6 posters

Go down

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" Empty It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget"

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:47 pm

This is a clip from Friday, April 15th of Rep. Barbara Lee speaking on the floor of The House of Representatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapFaF0euQ0

We will update asap as soon as we hear more about this!!

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" 34243

KEEP CONTACTING CONGRESS

Tell them to support & pass The Peoples Budget!!

Here is a link to information about The Peoples Budget.
http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=70&sectiontree=5,70

Last edited by Sick & Tired on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" Empty Re: It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget"

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Once again, PLEASE keep contacting Congress. This is vital to receiving any kind of help for the 99ers! Here is the link to our contact info thread:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1550-congressional-contact-information-support-for-hr-589#18407

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" 34243

In addition, don't forget to contact YOUR US Representative also!

This is another very useful source for contact information:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1721-important-house-of-representatives-database-contact-sheet-for-hr-589

Back to top Go down

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" Empty Re: It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget"

Post by Angelicrisis Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Great News!!! I've been running out of gas lately (figuratively and literally) this helps ALOT! Thanks for the update. Rep Lee thanks for the persistance and holding on the the good ol moral compass.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:08 pm

All the unemployed should show up at the white house for the easter egg hunt. That would be great. :03451:

I would say I am suprised they went on another vacation before helping the unemployed but this is business as usual.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:All the unemployed should show up at the white house for the easter egg hunt. That would be great. :03451:

I would say I am suprised they went on another vacation before helping the unemployed but this is business as usual.

Have to have a special invite for that and go through a security screening. My youngest niece, who lives in a DC suburb of MD went two years ago.

Just being a "99er" would disqualify us automatically in the screening process.
:03452:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Im not so sure Im crazy about this idea. I can not see this passing in the house tied to this budget. I dont think the GOP would like this budget at all.
Hope Im wrong on this..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:19 pm

I was thinking the same thing JIM...

I would love to know if this budget has any republican support.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnemployedBiatch Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been uemployed since the law firm I worked at dissolved in 2007. So, my UE benefits ran out a year ago. My husband is also unemployed and his ran out last September. He's a lawyer. Top ten school. So much for low UE among educated people.

I just wanted to weigh in on this topic. If Rep. Lee et al have tied the passage of HR 589 to this "People's Budget," you can shut it down right here. That is a piece of progressive pie in the sky which has about as much chance of becoming law as a bill to send Obama to Mars. I'm sorry, I hate to be a downer. But I have been involved in the legislative process in the past and in political campaigns. This looks to me like a cynical attempt to claim, "we tried" to score some cheap political points. There isn't going to be a budget per se this year at all, only a continuing resolution.

I would like to see additional weeks added as much as all of you, but it isn't going to happen this way. I have been a registered Republican all my voting life and active in the party but their failure of the people in this issue has me very disillusioned and leaning more independent now. I don't think Barbara Lee is much of a power player; more like a fringe type. It's too bad Nancy Pelosi couldn't be persuaded to get behind this in a high profile way. Someone with real clout.

UnemployedBiatch

Back to top Go down

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" Empty BTW, to Ms. Sick and Tired

Post by UnemployedBiatch Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:35 pm

The House passed the Paul Ryan budget last week. This was probably part of the debate before that vote. I'm sorry.

UnemployedBiatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:38 pm

UnemployedBiatch wrote:The House passed the Paul Ryan budget last week. This was probably part of the debate before that vote. I'm sorry.

Thats as far as it is going to get. Senate and Obama won't let it go into effect.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnemployedBiatch Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I understand that but the "People's Budget" isn't getting out of the House either. I wish it were not so.

UnemployedBiatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 pm

1st off, Welcome to the forum!
I think most would be in agreement on this Bill. NO way in heck would this pass the house.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcfly Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 am

HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a darn great mention of the 99ers. If anything, great for B. Lee for using this opportunity to bring to light the long-term unemployed. So many in government ignore serious things at the national and local levels, but when someone comes along, within the system and tells it the way it is, I admire them always.

It appears as if help for the 99ers has been added to the "Peoples Budget" 66067
Mcfly
Mcfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CA99er Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 pm

It's nce to hear a Republican losing faith in their party. Lord knows this fomer democrat is fed up with hers!

CA99er

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down