Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back

Go down

can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back Empty can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:31 am

I have a feeling, once again, the REPUBLICANS are trying to punish us, it will only get worse if Obama rescinds on the tax cuts to the rich, and I think he will soooo can anyone check what state went to a 3-year look back by affiliation? I am just too tired to check it out. Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back Empty Re: can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 am

Even though unemployment remains high in most states, rates haven't risen in such a way over the past two years that states can continue to meet the second condition for EB eligibility. That's why Congress, when it reauthorized the federal benefits programs in December, included a provision allowing states to modify their laws so the EB "look back" encompasses the previous three years instead of just two.

"In general, unemployment rates three years ago were low enough to meet the look-back requirements for the EB 'on' indicators," advised a December Labor Department memo to state workforce agencies. The Labor Department publishes a monthly "trigger notice report."

Some advocates for continuing the benefits worry the problem of outdated EB "look back requirements" and "on indicators" is so abstruse that state lawmakers are either unaware or ignorant of the problem.

"Too many misguided and/or uninformed state legislators are either choosing to deny their state's unemployed workers UI benefits they so desperately need, or are simply neglecting to deal with the issue that will come into play after they adjourn," Judy Conti, a lobbyist for the National Employment Law Project, wrote in an email. "There is an easy legislative fix for all of this, the money has been appropriated, and it is of the utmost importance to very vulnerable citizens in their states."

Lawmakers and governors' offices in Wisconsin, Tennessee, and North Carolina either had no comment or did not respond to requests for comment from HuffPost.

California, Colorado, and Michigan have changed their laws to maintain eligibility for the benefits, according to the Labor Department. (Though Michigan curtailed future state benefits at the same time it changed its EB trigger.)

In Missouri, a Republican state senator who filibustered a bill that would maintain the state's eligibility for EB relented on Tuesday, deciding to focus his anti-spending efforts on federal stimulus measures instead of federal unemployment benefits.

The National Employment Law Project expects Alaska, Alabama, Kentucky, and Virginia to trigger off EB benefits after the Labor Department releases state unemployment rates later this month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/06/extendend-unemployment-in_n_845096.html

Back to top Go down

can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back Empty Re: can anyone check which states went to a 3-year look back

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 am

TRIGGER NOTICE NO. 2011 - 12
STATE EXTENDED BENEFIT (EB) INDICATORS UNDER P.L. 111-312
Effective April 3, 2011

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/unemploy/trigger/2011/trig_040311.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
TRIGGER NOTICE NO. 2011 - 12
STATE EXTENDED BENEFIT (EB) INDICATORS UNDER P.L. 111-312
Effective April 3, 2011

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/unemploy/trigger/2011/trig_040311.html

Thanks Desperate,

Here is some interesting info on the 3-years of look back per state, I think everyone, under the 3-year criteria, would be able to collect EB if it were not for those mean spirited Governors. Not one word out of Pennsylvania from Gov. Corbett. The PADOL&I is very unsure, telling one person the state has until July to pass the fix, even thought we will likely run out by May 20th. I'd have to say they don't understand what we are asking, or something. But I wouldn't expect anything, last July when he (Corbett) was running for Governor, he said the stupidest thing about Philadelphians - he said they will sit at home, saving their benefits to go to the movies & dinner, and then sit on the couch, if we extend unemployment benefits. He said, carpenter are trying to hire but can't seem to find any carpenters wanting work, I haven't seen any construction around here in years and it ain't because people don't want to work, they are not building (these are my words, as I forget the exact wording). This was said when Philadelphia had a 10.7% unemployment rate, it is now 10.2%, the state is now 7.8%. I remain, Dazed&Confused

Here is the 3-year look back by percentage:

Click http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.pa.htm

Your state will be in the left hand side see Browse All States.Click your state and you will see regular data>in second column it says back data>click that>you will be able to see data ((TUR,etc.) going back to 2001, to date. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down