Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
interstate transfers EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
interstate transfers EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
interstate transfers EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
interstate transfers EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
interstate transfers EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
interstate transfers EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
interstate transfers EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
interstate transfers EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
interstate transfers EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
interstate transfers EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
interstate transfers EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
interstate transfers EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
interstate transfers EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
interstate transfers EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
interstate transfers EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

interstate transfers

2 posters

Go down

interstate transfers Empty interstate transfers

Post by amcoffee Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

I have a question for anyone currently living in California but moved from another state while on the EUC08 program. I am currently thinking about movinig to California; (I know the the unemployment rate there is high but my house is in pre-foreclosure where I live now and I like to plan in advance, especially in this situation. I also live in a northern state where if I did get a job, I most likely would not be able to afford the heating bills in the winter as most of the jobs hiring where I am are part time). Most of my relatives live in Ca. so I will have more of a support network than I do now. My question is about transferring your unemployment to Ca. I asked at my local unemployment office and I was told to notify them and they would forward the info. to Ca. They really didn't offer much more info. and I didn't push it because I have not decided 100% whether to move or not. If anyone out there has done this before, please let me know if it went smoothly or if you had any issues transferring your unemployment benefits. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

amcoffee

Back to top Go down

interstate transfers Empty Re: interstate transfers

Post by TomW Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm

amcoffee wrote:I have a question for anyone currently living in California but moved from another state while on the EUC08 program. I am currently thinking about movinig to California; (I know the the unemployment rate there is high but my house is in pre-foreclosure where I live now and I like to plan in advance, especially in this situation. I also live in a northern state where if I did get a job, I most likely would not be able to afford the heating bills in the winter as most of the jobs hiring where I am are part time). Most of my relatives live in Ca. so I will have more of a support network than I do now. My question is about transferring your unemployment to Ca. I asked at my local unemployment office and I was told to notify them and they would forward the info. to Ca. They really didn't offer much more info. and I didn't push it because I have not decided 100% whether to move or not. If anyone out there has done this before, please let me know if it went smoothly or if you had any issues transferring your unemployment benefits. I would appreciate any info. Thanks
If you don't find any info about this elsewhere and have specific questions about how CA handles such transfers, you might try contacting CA EDD online at:

https://askedd.edd.ca.gov/asp/frmEDDCOMM.aspx

They will answer any questions that you have within a few days by email. I've communicated with them this way several times in the past and they have always given me very thorough, useful info.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:55 pm

It depends what state you are moving from. In RI, because our program is state funded, you can't transfer EB to another state. I had an opportunity to leave RI in 2009, however I was not able to do so because my EB couldn't be transferred. Had I known then that Tiers 3 and 4 would be created later that year, I would have gone in a heartbeat.

The best thing to do is call your current state's employment office to find out. California's EB laws would not apply for you, it is up to your home state's eligibility requirements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum