Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

+19
Nuwanda
MoInSTL
HelpNow
lizalphonso
Judi58
Redpossum
TomW
NY Lady
Carol in CA
Sunrise
TR11005
mrmarti
mistermunster
chopthis91
Woof
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
23 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 Empty Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 pm

That's a "what if?" scenario and we shouldn't be talking about what "could" happen. That's how doomsday scenarios often frighten the public and create a false panic among the population. Seriously doubt that would happen because we don't rely on nuclear power. Japan was affected because they are a small country and condensed in a smaller land mass than the United States is.

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:23 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
kemcha wrote:Jane, you're welcome.

We're getting closer to December 21st, 2012. I think we're going to see more natural disasters occur as we get closer to that event.

It's the final day of the Mayan calendar. While there's nothing to prove that the end of the world is on that day, it's a proven fact that celestial events, the movements of the cosmos, does have some effect on a planet's life-cycle and I think that these cosmic events will have an effect on the weather of our planet, which include seismic eruptions, hurricanes and tornadoes and tropical storms as well as tsunamis and earthquakes.

We've been lucky in the United States but considering that other continents/countries have been getting hit by massive earthquakes, I think that the United States is going to be the next to get hit.

Chile, China, Indonesia, Turkey, Haiti and Japan, since 2010. These quakes are on a path heading straight for the United States. California could be the next major city that gets hit.

Everybody should be concerned because that's where one of the largest supervolcanos is located, the Yellowstone Supervolcano, which is long overdue for an eruption and that could end all life on Earth.

I always shrugged off the 2012 theories, I'm starting to believe that the Mayans and Nostradamus were correct.

The thing we need to remember about the Mayan long count calender is that it doesn't specifically say that the "world will end" on 12.21.2012. It just says the "world as we know it" will end. I like to think that 12.22 will be a beautiful, new, sunny day and we will all live in a new more positive world.

I do firmly believe that the "prophecies" of Nostradamus are actually commentaries on events of his day. There has never been an effective prediction made from his writing before it actually happened. I am sure there are Nostradamus fans going through his writing as we speak trying to fit the disaster in Japan to something. Where were this people last week? They could have saved lives.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Praying for the folks of Japan.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Ongoing prayers for the people of Japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

There just has been a lot of doom and gloom concerning that event since a lot of what the Mayans predicted were confirmed by the quatrains that Nostradamus had written and that were discovered in recent years and featured as a documentary on "The History Channel".

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/871299/lost_book_of_nostradamus_on_the_history_channel_2_min_sneak_pea/

While I'm skeptical, I have an open mind when it comes to things like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

kemcha wrote:There just has been a lot of doom and gloom concerning that event since a lot of what the Mayans predicted were confirmed by the quatrains that Nostradamus had written and that were discovered in recent years and featured as a documentary on "The History Channel".

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/871299/lost_book_of_nostradamus_on_the_history_channel_2_min_sneak_pea/

I saw that show on Nostradamus, it changed my views on him.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:04 pm

I've been watching a lot of their documentaries on Nostradamus and those documentaries have turned me into more of a believer than a skeptic.

It's hard to refute the prophecies that they have translated into the modern world and the disasters that have occurred, so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 pm

They're placing unofficial estimates on the economic damage at around $171 billion:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42068894/ns/business-world_business/

Back to top Go down

Post by NY Lady Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

kemcha wrote:There just has been a lot of doom and gloom concerning that event since a lot of what the Mayans predicted were confirmed by the quatrains that Nostradamus had written and that were discovered in recent years and featured as a documentary on "The History Channel".

I have seen the shows on the History channel and National Geographic about the predictions. Not only of the Mayan's, and Nostradamus but other ancient prophiecies: Jewish, Chinese, Indian.
These shows were interesting. One said that in Dec 2012 we were going to be in such a position in the universe that we haven't been in, in 35,000 years. Lined up somehow so that the gravitational forces of the milky way would would wreak havoc: volcanoes and earthquakes. Another said that we are entering a phase of unusual solar flares in 2012 and we will be in such a position to get the worst, and it could shut down all our electrical systems - THAT would be an end to our way of life, as we know it.
It's all very interseting. I said to my sister - I want The History channel to interview all those same people on Dec. 22.

The weather channel said this Japanese earthquake was the 5th largest in history, and out of the 17 largest - the biggest have been in the last 10 years.
If Yellowstone goes - we're all done.
So I quess we'll see.
One thing this earthquake has shown: the Earth is in charge - not us. This catasphofie will have implications for all of us. Factories are shut down - do you know how many electronics are supplied by Japan? Cars, car parts. It will affect the economy all over the world, for sure.

NY Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Its already effecting the stock markets...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Dropping 50 points is not affecting ... I consider 100 points or more to be affecting.

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 pm

I thought you all might like to read the email message below that I received on Sunday from my cousin Marty, who lives in Sendai and was on the 11th floor of an apartment building at the time of the quake. Some of the news reports make it sound like the entire city of Sendai was destroyed, but I guess it's a rather large city and my cousin apparently lives in a part of town, away from the sea, which was not affected by the tsunamis. He is not native Japanese, but has lived in Japan for many years and has a Japanese wife. He has not had too much luck with earthquakes in Japan -- he lived in Kobe at the time of the big earthquake there in 1995 and a restaurant that he ran there was destroyed. Here is his email:

Thank God we are alive and well, and able to communicate with you now. About 55 hours ago, we thought the end was near.

I was in our home-office in Sendai at 2:46 pm on the 11th when the 4th
biggest earthquake (9.0) in history of the world hit. I was sitting in the
very spot I am sitting in right now writing to you when the quake hit. My
Docomo cell phone earthquake warning went off in my pocket, but almost
simultaneously the room started to topple down on me as the walls seemed to swing at least several feet side to side. I have braces on top of all my
cabinets in my office, which are supposed to help in earthquakes, but this
big one just blew those away, and when the shaking finally stopped, more than 2 & a half minutes later, I was buried up to above my knees in books,
papers, and junk that I had stored in my office. I'm lucky nothing heavy or
sharp hit me in the head. One cabinet behind me that I couldn't reach during
the quake, toppled over and blocked the door. It took me about 10 minutes to dig my way out of my office.

Then, when I got out, I really realized that we had experienced the "big one."
The hallway was coated with water and lots of glass from a vase of flowers
which had crashed, and when I got to the living/dining/kitchen area, I got
to see a real mess. The TV and stereo unit had toppled into the room, most
of our dishes and glasses had been shaken out of the cabinets and shattered,
another vase of flowers was broken into small pieces on the floor, and the
violence of the quake had caused the legs on one cabinet (containing dishes
and glasses) to snap off, collapse and slide several feet across the floor.
Of course, all of Kyoko's favorite glasses and party dishes were history. In
the bedroom, Kyoko's desk had broken into many pieces and her new, nice Apple computer had tumbled to the floor and had a large hole in the middle of the monitor, and the room was a complete shambles.

Kyoko at the time was in the northern part of Sendai having a business lunch
with a friend, and when the quake hit, the proprietor of the restaurant
shouted at all the patrons to rush out to the street, and when Kyoko
stumbled out onto the street (cutting her knee in the process) she thought
the parked car on the hill above her was shaking so much that it was going
to break lose and run her over.

Fortunately, Kyoko got home about 30 minutes later, and after running up to
our 11th floor penthouse and confirming that I had survived and was starting
to clean up the broken glass all over the house, she went to collect Vivian
from the St. Dominic Elementary School just down the street from us.

For the next two days, we had to persevere with no electricity, water or
gas... but we were/are the lucky ones. I had prepared pretty well because of
experiencing the Great Kobe Earthquake in 1995. I had a lot of water on our
bedroom veranda (both drinking and to use to flush the toilet), a gas burner
and small propane containers for cooking, lots of candles, a fair number of
flashlights and batteries, and three battery operated radios. So we were
fine. Our building is new, just finished in 2005, so it incorporates all the
best earthquake architecture -- it sways with the jolt, absorbing the impact
and then slows down. It doesn't break.

So we were greatly inconvenienced for several days -- no electricity, no
running water, etc. -- but nothing compared to the poor folks that were
along the coast and washed away with the Tsunami waves, or burned in the
fires which erupted. We feel so blessed. All our losses are property
losses... and can be replaced. Life cannot be replaced -- a gift of God!

We had no e-mail access until a couple of hours ago, and phone service was
(and still is) hit and miss. And the after-shocks continue. They said on TV
tonight, which we can see now that the electricity has come back on, that there is a 70% chance of an after-shock of magnitude 7 or more within the next 3 days... so we certainly are not resting easy yet.

More soon, but for now, know that we are well and thankful to have you as
such special people in our lives.

Much LOVE,

Marty, Kyoko and Vivian
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:51 pm

OMG, what an amazing, and horrifying email. I can't even imagine going through that experience. I am happy to hear that your family is safe. Sending prayers to him and his family, as well as all the people in Japan who are living through this nightmare.

Thank you for sharing this. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:14 pm

It was reported way early this morning that Japan would begin rationing power starting today, on Monday. It's going to be like this for some time yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:19 pm

It doesn't sound like the advanced warning system worked very well -- he said that it went off on his phone at the same time that the earthquake began and really gave no advanced warning. There has been talk of establishing such a system here in CA, but I'm not sure that it would be worth the trouble and expense.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 6 Empty Nuclear crisis deepens as 3rd reactor looses cooling..

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:35 pm

A third explosion was heard at the nuclear power plant:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42066534/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm

They were expecting that. I saw on the news earlier that two of the cores from the reactors were exposed for a short time and another cooling mechanism on a third was malfunctioning. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks for sharing that email Tom. I am VERY happy everyone is ok. They are saying now this is a one and a thousand year event. Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Finally, U.S. businesses are starting to hold their "spokesmen" responsible for their online behavior.

Aflac has recently fired Gilbert Gottfried, the spokesman in their ad campaigns for his tasteless jokes concerning the Japanese Earthquakes and the Tsunami that followed.

It's time that these overpaid personalities started to own the behavior that they are unleashing upon the American public and they are holding these folks accountable for their online behavior.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42077764/ns/today-entertainment/

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

They are talking possible meltdown now. Question Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

This is really depressing news ...

thumbs down

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Think about this we built GIANT Radio active Jars on top of fault lines where giant plates shift several feet in seconds.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Lightening the mood ... where's Godzilla to absorb that energy when you really need him.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 pm

kemcha wrote:Lightening the mood ... where's Godzilla to absorb that energy when you really need him.

flower

I was thinking the exact thing earlier today. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next