Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions?

+2
gettheminNOVEMBER
6 posters

Go down

Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? Empty Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions?

Post by 660 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm

After over 2 years out of work, I finally landed an interview. I left the interview feeling like I may need to hire someone to help me feed myself. The questions were 4-5 sentences long throwing me into hypothetical situations I have never found myself in. Asking me how I handled it when it happen. This was for a job stocking shelves on the graveyard shift. Deer in the headlights isn't close. I need to practice.

Back to top Go down

Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? Empty Re: Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions?

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

This is a great idea. I think you just created the space for it Very Happy
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? Empty Re: Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions?

Post by 660 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Okay, I've calmed down and realized the error of my ways. I went into a panic. The answers were not as important as answering all the parts of the question. I did not do that. I was too concerned about throwing myself into the situation, I did not answer all parts of the question. Lesson learned.... This old dog needs to update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes, very good idea. There are a lot of sites with sample questions so links to them as well as questions here would be handy.

But if you want to feel 2 feet tall, do a google on google interview questions. I had a phone interview two years back with a Google recruiter. I can't remember the questions but if you can answer most Google questions you're a star!

Back to top Go down

Post by NY Lady Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I had an interview last week too. And I was not prepared for the questions either, but I did good, I quess - got the job today!
I did find a good website for interview questions: on Monster. But I totally forgot about it going into this one. I guess that's because I really didn't care about this specific job. It's not what I really want but I need something - anything.
I think what I did best in this past interview was ACT. You know, like I wanted this great job, like I knew what I was talking about. I used "customer service" and "customer oriented" and "the customer always comes first" line. When in fact - I really don't want to work with the general public, but I smiled a lot and acted "as if".
A little homework goes a long way. If I really wanted a job, I would find out the company's "Mission Statement" and use words from it. And be ready for the "why do you want to work here?" question. I wasn't this time - but I guess I said the right thing - talking about how I shopped at the store, liked the products and the customer service was excellent. I really don't know what I said - I was completely off guard, but it didn't show.
After my interview, I did look at the company website and I DID use words from it - phew!

NY Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by NY Lady Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey, found the link:
http://career-advice.monster.com/job-interview/Interview-Questions/Six-Answers-Interviewers-Need/article.aspx?WT.mc_n=CRMUS000666

At the bottom you'll see more good stuff in the series of articles.

NY Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 pm

there are tons of sites - go to your home page, and type in "interview questions"

http://www.jobinterviewquestions.org/

Also, make sure that you google the company's name and take some time to learn something about the organization - people that arrive and don't know a thing about the firm really are pathetic. You actually had to do some legwork in the past, but with the internet, there's just no excuse.

anything you want to know, "resume writing".

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

this is great information to know. never hurts to hone the interviewing skills. congratulations N.Y.L.!
unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 660 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm just a lowly 50 year old factory worker, this was all new to me. I've passed math and blue print test, okay. I reckon they believe I don't follow instructions well, based on the interview. It would nice if they had contacted my old employer and find out that's not the case. Though, I wonder after 2 years if my old employer even remembers who I am. The turn over there was unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 pm

You could probably google, Top interview questions asked", and find an array of questions and answers. Just be prepared to ward off the pop up solititations. Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for the great suggestion. I will start working on a forum for that.

Wow! Is there a site to practice interview questions? 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:30 pm

There is a book called What color is your parachute, or something to that affect. About job hunting and resume skills, interview questions etc
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down