Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

+8
Worrier
Maggie Mae
ET
Sunrise
cps70
gonzofl
jj
chopthis91
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American Empty Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

That's right ...the Republican led Florida legislature is proposing even more restrictions to those who (in the future) will lose there jobs in the current, very dismal Florida job market. How? By reducing state funded benefits (first time filings) from 26 to 20 weeks, require skills testing to qualify, and forcing someone to take a job that pays LESS than the benefits would. These restrictions are being considered in a state where the unemployment rate is 12% and benefit amounts are already some of the lowest in the country. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE ALREADY ON UI.

NO other state in the union has a state funded 20 weeks (they are all 26). NO other state requires skills testing. FEW states pay as low as Florida does already. This is all coming from that criminal Governor Rick Scott and with a Republican majority in the legislature this proposal could really happen.

http://l.wbx.me/l/?p=1&instId=96fe2678-90a4-4f3a-b33b-274faca0728e&token=4a7f83446b3665c16d8fdd53d9756f3e8eac1b180000012e883d3247&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26fd%3DR%26usg%3DAFQjCNGmhWA3Ge7e-irWBSuZGxwHLbXCog%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.sun-sentinel.com%2Fbusiness%2Fcareers%2Fask-marcia%2Fsfl-unemployment-benefits-bill-this-week%2C0%2C2785985.story

Last edited by chopthis91 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by jj Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 pm

chopthis91 wrote:That's right ...the Republican led Florida legislature is proposing even more ristrictions to to those who (in the future) will lose there jobs in the current, very dismal Florida job market. How? By reducing state funded benefits (first time filings) from 26 to 20 weeks, require skills testing to qualify, and forcing someone to take a job that pays LESS than the benefits would. These restrictions are being considered in a state where the unemployment rate is 12% and benefit amounts are already some of the lowest in the country. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE ALREADY ON UI.

NO other state in the union has a state funded 20 weeks (they are all 26). NO other state requires skills testing. FEW states pay as low as Florida does already. This is all coming from that criminal Governor Rick Scott and with a Republican majority in the legislature this proposal could really happen.

http://l.wbx.me/l/?p=1&instId=96fe2678-90a4-4f3a-b33b-274faca0728e&token=4a7f83446b3665c16d8fdd53d9756f3e8eac1b180000012e883d3247&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26fd%3DR%26usg%3DAFQjCNGmhWA3Ge7e-irWBSuZGxwHLbXCog%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.sun-sentinel.com%2Fbusiness%2Fcareers%2Fask-marcia%2Fsfl-unemployment-benefits-bill-this-week%2C0%2C2785985.story

This is so bad...I do not know what people are going to do....and there is nothing we can do about it......
jj
jj

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm

There is already a movement to recall Rick Scott but the problem is there is no law to do that in Florida (except for local governments)!!

http://fcir.org/2011/02/22/is-it-time-to-recall-rick-scott/
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Trying to rebuild Florida's economy on the backs of the poorest of the poor. What a joke. The legislation and Rick Head are using this ploy in hopes it will attract business to Florida with lower unemployment taxes...ya right. The saddest part of all is that it will pass with flying colors. Roughly 22% of Floridians that apply for unemployment benefits are granted theses benefits....about 10% below the national average. The circus in Tallahassee begins tomorrow....I can hardly wait to see what these magicians pull out of their hats next. Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 305108
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 pm

This is a sin...horrible. I am thankful that I live in a mostly blue state (Scott Brown-R. is a flaw in our blue state status lol) I use to dream about moving out of Taxachusetts, but recently have decided that this is the only place for me!! GOP is very scary. Thankfully, they are less likely to pull crap like this here. I feel terrible for Fla unemployed residents and residents of other red states as of late. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:This is a sin...horrible. I am thankful that I live in a mostly blue state (Scott Brown-R. is a flaw in our blue state status lol) I use to dream about moving out of Taxachusetts, but recently have decided that this is the only place for me!! GOP is very scary. Thankfully, they are less likely to pull crap like this here. I feel terrible for Fla unemployed residents and residents of other red states as of late. Crying or Very sad

Republicans are driving the country into the ground (what's left of it)...
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Until the last few years, I have never really judged Republican politicians for their ideals. But I cant help but question their motives at all times now. Things have gotten way out of hand. They are just so concerned with their next election and making sure their special interests groups get what they want that they forgot why they are their in the first place. GREED seems to be what is driving them. They appear to be punishing the poor and middle class for the errors and crimes of the elite and big corps etc. I hope they prove me wrong, but I wont hold my breath lol I just cant find reasoning for their agenda. I have tried several times to understand it but I just cant.

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Every politician's first priority is.......you guest it to be realected..TERM LIMITS PLEASE...........

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

cps70 wrote:Every politician's first priority is.......you guest it to be realected..TERM LIMITS PLEASE...........

I agree but that kind of change will involve the very people who are the culprits (i.e. Senators and Representatives). They will never do that so I think it should be turned over to the voters to decide term limits. We're the tax payers so we should have a say-so in term limits and while I'm at it....1) require a minimum 5-day workweek and limit the amount of vacations (length) 2) NO fully funded healthcare (they have to pay into the system just like any other citizen) 3) NO fully funded (100%) pensions after retirement (35% max) 4) NO healthcare paid by taxpayers after retirement (they need to fend for themselves). Fair? Without a doubt! They need to sacrifice also!!

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 895764

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:Until the last few years, I have never really judged Republican politicians for their ideals. But I cant help but question their motives at all times now. Things have gotten way out of hand. They are just so concerned with their next election and making sure their special interests groups get what they want that they forgot why they are their in the first place. GREED seems to be what is driving them. They appear to be punishing the poor and middle class for the errors and crimes of the elite and big corps etc. I hope they prove me wrong, but I wont hold my breath lol I just cant find reasoning for their agenda. I have tried several times to understand it but I just cant.

1) Anything to oppose Obama's agenda.
2) Cater to their constituents (the 2%ers).
3) Get re-elected.
4) Insure that they maintain their wealth and power.
Sunrise
Sunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm

chopthis91 wrote:
cps70 wrote:Every politician's first priority is.......you guest it to be realected..TERM LIMITS PLEASE...........

I agree but that kind of change will involve the very people who are the culprits (i.e. Senators and Representatives). They will never do that so I think it should be turned over to the voters to decide term limits. We're the tax payers so we should have a say-so in term limits and while I'm at it....1) require a minimum 5-day workweek and limit the amount of vacations (length) 2) NO fully funded healthcare (they have to pay into the system just like any other citizen) 3) NO fully funded (100%) pensions after retirement (35% max) 4) NO healthcare paid by taxpayers after retirement (they need to fend for themselves). Fair? Without a doubt! They need to sacrifice also!!

Put it on the next ballot in 2012 and watch it pass with a huge majority.

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:59 pm

cps70 wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:

Put it on the next ballot in 2012 and watch it pass with a huge majority.

How do we do that??
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 am

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC "Florida Is Rapidly Becoming Un-American"

Here is the latest info on the unemployment benefit CRISIS in Florida and information on the recall of criminal Governor Rick Scott. This man has to be stopped!!...READ PLEASE!!!!!

Scott's plan for unemployment benefits...

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2011/03/07/scott-guts-jobless/

Rick Scott Watch (blog)...

http://rickscottwatch.blogspot.com/

Is It Time To Recall Rick Scott?...

http://fcir.org/2011/02/22/is-it-time-to-recall-rick-scott/

This may make the situation in Wisconsin pale in comparison. This is as important as it gets folks!! FYI...another link (pdf) which discusses how bad FL UI is already...

http://www.risep-fiu.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/UI_IssueBrief.pdf

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 562135

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Yet another article to post concerning the new Republican assault on the unemployed in Florida. I copied and pasted a particularly disturbing comment (in blue) and also the link...

"Rep. Matt Hudson, R-Naples, voted for the bill, calling it “absolutely the right thing” to do.

“When you’re borrowing as much money as we are from the federal government to prop up the program, at some point you have to make sure that you’re fiscally solvent in the long run,” he said.

Hudson disagreed with opponents of the bill who said it takes money away from the people who need it most.

“The people that need it the most in this state are the job creators that are going to put people to work and end this cycle,” Hudson said."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/mar/10/florida-house-passes-restructured-unemployment-com/?partner=RSS
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

I dont get it.
If States are strapped then how do they get control of their Budget?
They have to cut somewhere. Im sorry to say that but we are getting nowhere with the Dems. They just waste money not helping the American Unemployed. At least the Repubs can help with keeping this America.

Where do cash strapped cut and how did they get in that position?
We all know the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Was this posted? It passed the legislature..now goes to the Senate for a vote then into his a__.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110310/APF/1103100568?p=1&tc=pg
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm

BTW, what do you call Un-American?

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 pm

rgreen001 wrote:BTW, what do you call Un-American?

I'm not going to have a conversation with you because apparently you are some kind of troublemaking troll.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 pm

ET wrote:Was this posted? It passed the legislature..now goes to the Senate for a vote then into his a__.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110310/APF/1103100568?p=1&tc=pg

Just read the article. None of this makes sense. Unemployment is 12% and Scott is about to lay off 8,000 state workers plus he is lowering the boom on teachers. Additionally he de-railed HSR and that project would have created 25-30,000 new jobs. He rejected it purely for political reasons (because it is an Obama idea). Back to this 26 to 20 weeks cut of unemployment. He says it will allow companies to retain and/or hire new workers with the money they will save not having the additional 6 weeks which I think is total bunk. Those companies are going to hold on to that money and will not spend it on job creation so...again Scott is caught in yet another lie. This governor has got to go sooner than later!!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 pm

chopthis91 wrote:

I'm not going to have a conversation with you because apparently you are some kind of troublemaking troll.

I am far from a trouble making troll and have been on this site for over two years fighting with the rest of us for extensions. I just asked a simple question?

Politically correct and Un-american is killing this country!

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 pm

rgreen001 wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:

I am far from a trouble making troll and have been on this site for over two years fighting with the rest of us for extensions. I just asked a simple question?

You need to figure out what is or isn't un-American. I'm tired of having to be politically correct also. I don't mind pushing back if I'm pushed either.

My opinion is when a party (Republicans in this case) start pushing an agenda that is detrimental to the working class citizens of this country like cutting the lifeline of unemployment benefits, not helping to create jobs, taking away the workers rights of collective bargaining, laying off workers instead of taxing corporations and the rich, and refusing projects that will create jobs and better the economy.

Read the links I have posted on this thread and you'll know why I feel the way I do. It should make you angry also. I want my country back...don't you??!!

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 550579
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 pm

chopthis91 wrote:
rgreen001 wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:

You need to figure out what is or isn't un-American. I'm tired of having to be politically correct also. I don't mind pushing back if I'm pushed either.

My opinion is when a party (Republicans in this case) start pushing an agenda that is detrimental to the working class citizens of this country like cutting the lifeline of unemployment benefits, not helping to create jobs, taking away the workers rights of collective bargaining, laying off workers instead of taxing corporations and the rich, and refusing projects that will create jobs and better the economy.

Read the links I have posted on this thread and you'll know why I feel the way I do. It should make you angry also. I want my country back...don't you??!!

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 550579
Thank you. We are on the same Team. I am just annoyed at the Dems right now. We knew what to expect with the Repubs. But, you get the Frustrated for calling me a troll. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 pm

You're welcome rgreen001! Yeah...I'm pretty irritated with the Dems also but the Republicans have gone way over the line. The Dem I'm most upset with right now is Obama. Where is he in all of this? One thing he doesn't like to do apparently is get involved with ANY state issues. He made a lot of promises he hasn't kept but the one big one is TRANSPARENCY. We are being left in the dark. What is he doing??

Question Question
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 pm

chopthis91 wrote:You're welcome rgreen001! Yeah...I'm pretty irritated with the Dems also but the Republicans have gone way over the line. The Dem I'm most upset with right now is Obama. Where is he in all of this? One thing he doesn't like to do apparently is get involved with ANY state issues. He made a lot of promises he hasn't kept but the one big one is TRANSPARENCY. We are being left in the dark. What is he doing??

Question Question
I voted for Obama, preferred Hillary at the time........
He seems to speak to a regimated agenda.
Im sorry, he plain sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you got me upset again, i have to use my new friend to release Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 545210

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 pm

rgreen001 wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:You're welcome rgreen001! Yeah...I'm pretty irritated with the Dems also but the Republicans have gone way over the line. The Dem I'm most upset with right now is Obama. Where is he in all of this? One thing he doesn't like to do apparently is get involved with ANY state issues. He made a lot of promises he hasn't kept but the one big one is TRANSPARENCY. We are being left in the dark. What is he doing??

Question Question
I voted for Obama, preferred Hillary at the time........
He seems to speak to a regimated agenda.
Im sorry, he plain sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you got me upset again, i have to use my new friend to release Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American 545210

Yeah...I like Hillary also. She's been a very good Sec of State. All those broken computers are gonna cost you some green!!

LMAO
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next