Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke

3 posters

Go down

VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke Empty VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 pm

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/america-is-not-broke

Let me say that again. 400 obscenely rich people, most of whom benefited in some way from the multi-trillion dollar taxpayer "bailout" of 2008, now have more loot, stock and property than the assets of 155 million Americans combined. If you can't bring yourself to call that a financial coup d'état, then you are simply not being honest about what you know in your heart to be true.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke Empty Re: VIDEO: America Is NOT Broke

Post by tristen303 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Look just because your wealthy doesn't mean you owe everybody that isn't. I have no idea how those individuals got there money made their money or earned their money or "stole it" (which I find terribly funny if they are operating in the law) but this idea that if you get to a certian point it is stolen money or money you owe everyone that hasn't made it I will never believe in sounds like sour grapes. I'm sure there are millions of kids out there that wish they could have played basketball like Jordon, Anthony but they didn't and to correct this terrible imbalance did they require that they tie one of there arms behind there backs to be fair or say they could only play as much as the other team was wininng or that for every shot they made the other team got 2 because they werent as gifted or lucky that logic is stupid.
To say that there is a rebellion in America is just a joke the only people protesting are the Unions and parts of the party that supports them which isn't even 2% of the American population. Plus he needs to get his facts straight those people in the Middle East lived under dictators and a police force that killed people lol we are hardly in that group or there unless Obama has changed or something. We need to address the issue but to be clear if I earn 100 dollars and you only earn 1 that doesn't mean I owe you or that you are entitled to anything I've earned anymore than if I need eleven dollars I am entitled to yours because I know better what to do with it then you do. Government is not entitled to it. Our Government is like a crack addictied looking for more supply rather then gettting off the crack, especially if they have to keep comimg back to ONE group for relief. This sounds like the logic used in Germany to redistibute wealth to the more deserving Germans that didn't earn it couldn't earn it weren't lucky enough or any other excuse they could come up with to justify theft under redistribution; we all make choices some of them good some bad that doesn't mean that one pays for the other. Freedom of speech logic applies here I'm free to make what I want and spend how I see fit with no individual or group or government telling me what to do with it. Point of fact I should be telling them what to do since apparnetly I know the value of money can make it and they can only spend it, (not even spending it properly) any idiot can spend money, not understand a budget, or remain clueless to sound fiscal policy. So why are the idoits dictating fiscal policy and why are there people supporting them and idea that they should? No wonder India and China are over taking us they don't have to have such discussions or have such people in positions of power and just focus on the problem of becoming better instead of point fingers at those that are or making up excuses as to why they aren't or can't be. And why then friends if it was such a theft with all the left in office and in control during that time period why did nobody or even 1 large bank be brought up under criminal charges or even an investigation or any CEO go to jail? Because the left are bought and paid for by Unions, and Wall Street the right by Oil, military and Corps. Maybe the left needs a some cleaning up too.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Manhattan DA won't shy away from Wall St probes

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/02/us-finance-summit-vance-idUSTRE7210G220110302

Unfortunately, this investigation did not end with a conviction, but there was an investigation.
Criminal Inquiry of Countrywide Chief Has Ended

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/02/19/criminal-investigation-of-countrywide-chief-ends/?src=dlbksb

Investigation of mortgage foreclosure practices:
Foreclosure Settlement Terms Sent to Banks by U.S., States
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-04/foreclosure-settlement-terms-sent-to-banks-by-state-ags-u-s-.html

FDIC Launches 50 Criminal Investigations Into Failed Banks

I don't know where these investigations went, but this covers 50 criminal investigations.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/investing/fdic-launches-50-criminal-investigations-into-failed-banks/19722675/

Ex-Goldman director charged with insider trading
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20110301/BUSINESS/103010353/1108/BUSINESS02/Ex-Goldman-director-charged-insider-trading?odyssey=nav|head

That's a couple to start with.

Last edited by JaneWI on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited a link because it didn't work)

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:46 pm

tristen303 wrote:Look just because your wealthy doesn't mean you owe everybody that isn't. I have no idea how those individuals got there money made their money or earned their money or "stole it" (which I find terribly funny if they are operating in the law) but this idea that if you get to a certian point it is stolen money or money you owe everyone that hasn't made it I will never believe in sounds like sour grapes. I'm sure there are millions of kids out there that wish they could have played basketball like Jordon, Anthony but they didn't and to correct this terrible imbalance did they require that they tie one of there arms behind there backs to be fair or say they could only play as much as the other team was wininng or that for every shot they made the other team got 2 because they werent as gifted or lucky that logic is stupid.
To say that there is a rebellion in America is just a joke the only people protesting are the Unions and parts of the party that supports them which isn't even 2% of the American population. Plus he needs to get his facts straight those people in the Middle East lived under dictators and a police force that killed people lol we are hardly in that group or there unless Obama has changed or something. We need to address the issue but to be clear if I earn 100 dollars and you only earn 1 that doesn't mean I owe you or that you are entitled to anything I've earned anymore than if I need eleven dollars I am entitled to yours because I know better what to do with it then you do. Government is not entitled to it. Our Government is like a crack addictied looking for more supply rather then gettting off the crack, especially if they have to keep comimg back to ONE group for relief. This sounds like the logic used in Germany to redistibute wealth to the more deserving Germans that didn't earn it couldn't earn it weren't lucky enough or any other excuse they could come up with to justify theft under redistribution; we all make choices some of them good some bad that doesn't mean that one pays for the other. Freedom of speech logic applies here I'm free to make what I want and spend how I see fit with no individual or group or government telling me what to do with it. Point of fact I should be telling them what to do since apparnetly I know the value of money can make it and they can only spend it, (not even spending it properly) any idiot can spend money, not understand a budget, or remain clueless to sound fiscal policy. So why are the idoits dictating fiscal policy and why are there people supporting them and idea that they should? No wonder India and China are over taking us they don't have to have such discussions or have such people in positions of power and just focus on the problem of becoming better instead of point fingers at those that are or making up excuses as to why they aren't or can't be. And why then friends if it was such a theft with all the left in office and in control during that time period why did nobody or even 1 large bank be brought up under criminal charges or even an investigation or any CEO go to jail? Because the left are bought and paid for by Unions, and Wall Street the right by Oil, military and Corps. Maybe the left needs a some cleaning up too.

Here is where your republican colors come out, Tristen, and we go round and round again. I do not hate or blame every rich person for the problems of our country. However, the rich do owe their country something. It is better for a nation as a whole if everyone has social services and health care it builds a stronger working force and everyone benefits, even the rich. That has to be financed somewhere and the rich should start giving back more of the money that they will never miss to make it happen.

Sure, not all rich people are dishonest but a lot are. You can say that these people worked hard and earned that honestly but a lot of those people don't.

If a CEO makes $1 million a year and then gets fired and is paid $50 million in golden parachute money, then that is stolen. I don't care if it is in his contract or not. He never rewarded one his employees for failure. That money is stolen, it is wrong that he was every given it. The last CEO that my last company fired was given $111 million dollars for his failure. This is thievery and it is morally wrong.

This is why I am always on the side of player's unions when they go on strike. Sure Derek Jeter makes a lot of money, maybe too much, but he makes less money than the guy who signs his checks. There is not one Yankee fan that goes to see the man who signs Jeter's checks. It's the players that make the Yankees economically successful.

Bringing it back down to us, WE are the people that made our companies successful yet out bosses, who fired us, are making millions in bonuses regardless of performance.

This is wrong and it IS stealing.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Tristen, I can't say I think the wealthy don't have the right to their earnings, they do I agree. What I don't agree with is a wealthy company owner making large profits, decreasing his employee's benefits, withholding salary increases for up to 4 years which happens quite frequently in the private sector, but him taking the profits and buying up real estate to rent and make money, all the while letting the company and employees suffer. If owners won't re-invest in their companies, update their systems, look for additional lines to sell or rent or improve services they prevent growth and additional profits for employees. This has become a country of complete greed and although I agree with your point that some unions push too far, employers are more than guilty. My case in point. Wisconsin's budget dilemma is largely being caused by poor planning and ill-advised tax cuts to companies who have not been asked to submit a plan of action, a hiring agenda or an expansion agenda for their additional tax cuts. That shouldn't be, not in any state. If companies are truly looking for cuts to increase business, investment and hiring they should be asked to submit an outline to include the above. This meltdown cannot be blamed on unions and social program spending. If they were negotiated properly and monies were not borrowed from those plans to fund other things, these programs would not cost what they cost to run today. If people really did their jobs in all sectors, including business owners there would be no need to borrow funds from social security, pensions etc. Programs were set up to run a certain way and over the years they deviated from the plans. You cannot lay all blame on teachers and firefighters and police and state workers. We'd be in a hell of a mess if municipal, city and state workers didn't exist. It's starting to become a theme of sorts, first the unemployed are lazy and drug addicted, then teachers, now state, city and municipal workers. Who's next? Greed, plain and simple caused this mess, and a complete lack of oversight and it will happen again and again if legislation is not passed to keep it from happening. Look at the markets the last two months, this is hardly a robust economy anywhere in the world and look at the markets, you would think all was well with the world. It will happen again if they are not careful. Next time they won't get away with the blame game unless they blame themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 pm

With almost 50% of the population not paying any income tax and 52% of the union members are government employees, what is the reason for any wealth creation in this country?
If this cannot be understood in the context of capital flight and job export then America is doomed.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:19 pm

tristen303 wrote:With almost 50% of the population not paying any income tax and 52% of the union members are government employees, what is the reason for any wealth creation in this country?
If this cannot be understood in the context of capital flight and job export then America is doomed.

Did you watch the video? Big corp gambled with our money and LOST! If you break the unions it will make it easier for people to be bought. They said they would take a pay cut. What else do you want?

Rich people are not taking pay cuts!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down