Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope

4 posters

Go down

Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope Empty Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 am

Back in December 2010, Alexandra had taken the initiative to organize "Letters to Bernie" where the unemployed could write Sen. Bernie Sanders and share with him their long-term unemployment struggles. A couple of weeks ago I published a story of Alexandra Jarrin, who was battling against the odds to keep a roof over her head.

A number of readers asked for an Alexandra update. It pains me to say that Alexandra's situation is still very difficult; she is days from being homeless and her health is worsening.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-thornton/update-99er-alexandra-jar_b_830459.html
Praying

Back to top Go down

Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope Empty Re: Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope

Post by MoInSTL Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Her work no doubt helped Bernie Sanders compile a 36 page booklet with those stories to be distributed to the press & politicians. Link inside the following link.

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t201-post-communication-with-congress-here#6391
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope Empty Re: Update: 99er Alexandra Jarrin is Thankful, Yet Fearful and Losing Hope

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Very sad... Crying or Very sad

"The staffer did mention that Alexandra could potentially qualify for a rapid re-housing grant through HUD, but only IF she is employed. That's a Catch-22; she needs a job to receive housing assistance, but she needs housing to properly look for a job. Disturbingly, federal, state and local governments aren't able to help the struggling long-term unemployed find temporary housing. As a result, Alexandra remains in her hotel room, living day to day."

If people were working, they most likely wouldnt need this housing assistance...the system is broken. where is she suppose to go?
I wonder if the hotel would donate some free stays for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by 52 and Frightened Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 am

Absolutely broken! When I inquired about the assistance program for my mortgage I was told I need to be employed. ??? I lost my home and UE benefits a year ago. I am alone barely with the strenght to survive another day in a shelter. Why God, why??

52 and Frightened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

We lost our home too. They would NOT work anything out with us. They all lie.

@52 and frightened...I know this probably doesnt help much, but I am praying for you. I am so sorry for your situation. I hope something good comes your way very soon. Please hang on, I know its hard to imagine but I really feel things will get better for us all soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Just a reminder to please stay on topic. There is a topic for comments about the Fox interview.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Just a reminder to please stay on topic. There is a topic for comments about the Fox interview.

Moving Off-topic comments to appropriate thread

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm

They can have my house and cram it up their ****. I am praying for you 52. I will camp in the woods before I beg this bank for anything else.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down